DE_Adam

Psa: Tactical Alert Escalation

Please don't try to be dark souls warframe, be warframe, we already have a dark souls, it's called dark souls

In dark souls you can kill almost every enemy with right combination of tools even at SL1. Can't say same about Frame Of War.

They finally gave us something that requires thinking.

Doing mastery Rank 9 (stealth) test on a non-stealth frame required thinking. This alert required a basic setup of hard CC + a Healer, and several minutes of boring meleeing with slow weapons. Yes, it wasn't too easy, but making a boring mission hard doesn't make it interesting, just boring and hard.

• Upvote 5

Yes, you have done it. You have inflicted suffering upon the masses for our petty outcries. You have enacted your revenge. But know this: It is a dish best served... Frosty.

We must prove to DE that victory is just another item on the to-do list. Time to take out the trash (and do the dishes).

• Upvote 1

Its not worth the effort of trying to organize a team, when most people can't be bothered to wear corrosive projection for lvl 100+ enemies.

Remember: If you don't like the content, don't pay for it.

That being said, having a snarky red text berate the playerbase for not completing a game mode designed specifically to mess with us...yeah. That's EA levels of rudeness.

Kinda took offense to that.

• Upvote 5

Its not worth the effort of trying to organize a team, when most people can't be bothered to wear corrosive projection for lvl 100+ enemies.

I wore a Loot Detector Aura and the other 3 guys brought Energy Siphons and we did 4 wave with 100% vs less then 10% so it may count but not that much.

Doing mastery Rank 9 (stealth) test on a non-stealth frame required thinking. This alert required a basic setup of hard CC + a Healer, and several minutes of boring meleeing with slow weapons. Yes, it wasn't too easy, but making a boring mission hard doesn't make it interesting, just boring and hard.

Thinking people would use stealth frame :>

For me it was very interesting. And really, which mission on this game is interesting? Whole game it's only "run and shot".

4rf1Ovx.jpg

Can we finally calm down and enjoy playing Warframe again?

And on a side note: I failed miserably soloing this as Loki and have no clue how that even could be possible? Somebody care to share tactics with me?

• Upvote 2

Are you really so proud of yourself for thinking of something that was already known? Is this what qualifies as "thinking" for you?

I can't find enough faces to palm right now.

No, i'm not proud. I just don't understand why thinking in this game is wrong for people. Can you tell me something about it? 

I mean, why do something more than running and shooting is wrong for people. 

Edited by MrDar1o
  • Upvote 1

4rf1Ovx.jpg

And on a side note: I failed miserably soloing this as Loki and have no clue how that even could be possible? Somebody care to share tactics with me?

Seeing that redtext, I regret that Goons don't play this game. Seriously DE, "while also being an &#! about it :P" ??? Just like that, ":P" ??? Thank you, I didn't know I was playing this game so that you can abuse your power over players to feel good. Keep going though, a couple of more such remarks and I think I'll be fed up enough to quit despite all the time and resources I spent here. Let people who don't mind being treated like that stay. I just think me and you guys have a radically different understanding of client/provider relationship.

• Upvote 2

4rf1Ovx.jpg

do u have the rest of this redtext in the same timing ?

a radically different understanding of client/provider relationship.

Why do you even complain? As they said before, it was a wish of several players. This stage of the TA doesn't introduce anything crucial. It is absolutely fine to play for those who wants it.

Keep it calm and do some meditation ;)

• Upvote 2

4rf1Ovx.jpg

I want to make it clear that I've gotten two excellent groups, and on two occasions gotten through four waves of enemies just fine... only to have the client crash on the last wave, both times.

I'm fine with a challenge, but if the client is going to crash on me every single time I make an attempt, I'm finished.

This redtext is a joke, and I'm not in the mood for jokes. No more money from me until I hear an apology from DE. 

Edited by Intrujao
  • Upvote 3

Oh dear massive amounts of butthurt after some little joke......looks like some people need to look up the meaning of humor in the dictionary and be less butthurt all the time.

• Upvote 5

wrcN9qC.jpg

not all of us have acces to 8x Forma'd Loki P's and Dependable Rep Farm Teams

You don't need either one.

• Upvote 2

until I hear an apology from DE. 

I don't think that you are the only or the first one having crashes in this game. You accepted the possibility of bugs and crashes in your beta agreement.

No apologies are appropriate here. They fix every single instance as fast as they can. Concerning this, I think you owe DE an apology.

Why do you even complain? As they said before, it was a wish of several players. This stage of the TA doesn't introduce anything crucial. It is absolutely fine to play for those who wants it.

Keep it calm and do some meditation ;)

Did I sound like I needed an advice on how to deal with this? I'm sorry if that's the case, because I absolutely don't need advices and/or directions on how to play games, or do anything else for that matter. I play to experience all content, except some of it I'm absolutely not interested in, like PVP. I did all tac alerts and got all rewards before, so I wasn't going to miss this one, nor was this hard, nor did this require thinking. Like I said, I did it with a group assembled in recruit chat in 2 minutes with no sweat. I'm complaining about the crisis of treating their players with respect. That redtext indicates that DE didn't like players saying it wasn't hard enough, so they decided to make this mission something which same redtext admits to not be their idea of "challenging us", and then they came over to "have fun on Friday" while also gloating over players who couldn't beat their challenge designed specifically to make players feel miserable. This is one of the pettiest things I've ever seen done by any developer, and that's why I think we have a crisis here.

And like I said, this is just me voicing my concern. Those who liked what just happened are free to stay, because I'm sure DE has more of the same coming.

• Upvote 1

Today's headline:

"Warframe tries to be Dark Souls; clearly doesn't understand how Dark Souls works."

I'm probably going to have to pass up this TA.  I don't have any frames built for power-spam, so I can't really bring anything of substance to a team.

-snip-

And I repeat myself: "Many players WANTED exact this sort of level, that was a bug when the alert was introduced."

This sigil seems to be a back-up item, that was not planed to be introduced in this event. DE granted the wish and added an extra level, while making some jokes as they always do. There is nowhere any offence or a statement of DE that the third alert need more tactics than the previous ones - they set the survival-ability of the Frames to a lower level, which only resulted in a higher punishment for mistakes. Everything stays fair.

As you voiced your concern, I voiced that, to my mind, this reaction is exaggerated. We have both the right to stay at our point of views.

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas
  • Upvote 1

I freaked out at first but then.  This is not so hard as it looks like. 
We have done it with 2 Loki 1 Valkyr and 1 Trinity

Lokies disarm everyone (Irradiating disarm OP) and then we sit and watch as enemies smacking each other with Batons. When it is an end of the round Valkyr batteries everyone and we kill them with finishers. 

It was fun for the first round when we were running around while Benny hills theme was playing in my head. But meh, could have been better.

I believe 5 rounds was a bit excessive.

• Upvote 1

They finally gave us something that requires thinking, so I see it's not alert for you. Game should provide entertainment, if not then don't play it. It's not alert for everyone. It exist for players who like challenges, that's why sigil is a reward, not new stance, potato or other rare mod. What matters is the challenge.

The problem is that it's not a challenge. Like I said, I did it and it was fairly easy. The problem was that it was mostly just frames sitting there and spamming their ults. Where is the challenge in that?

• Upvote 1

For those of you who haven't noticed yet, Primed Mods have stupid low conclave ratings.

I did this with the first pub I ran into, though truth be told I got in mission and waited a couple minutes before people showed up.

Call it irony, but our Excalibur left not even half way through the first round and was replaced by a mag.

Winning team was Vauban, Mag, Nova and Valkyr.

Nova with super slow build to stop as much trigger happiness as possible.

Vauban and Mag working stasis and control.

Valkyr to revive whoever was hit by THOSE STRAY NAPALM FIREBALLS OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

I feel the Sigil should have been brighter considering the circumstances of the alert, but it looks awesome*.

I don't think I could do another one of these though. It was more tedious then tactical and the Corpus Hijack one before this got my blood pumping a lot more then this one did.

TL;DR: unique units > beefy units

*when visible

It felt quite underwhelming after all the dust settled. 

Redtext taunting us how we can't do it, and the next thing you know a decent Draco squad can do it quite easily.

After my run here is the sigil. I have noticed how everyone who posted SS with sigil colors were blending in, I decided to make them as visible as I can. from 0-full energy.

Edit: The problem isn't difficulty, but how DE just upped the enemies higher and did nothing else. There is no challenge, only nuking. And then DE talks about trying not to make game like CoD's killing way too fast. Sponginess of Borderlands, getting killed like in CoD.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/705149414728580416/B55D97761AA48AE62B9AE66FDE9C558F5D3499C3/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/705149414728579860/D757C880FFC994EE23EB7945E012CA67B729B08A/

Edited by Ognj
  • Upvote 1