February 27Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Free Market Economy:
I think the market works fine, when parts are new the price is high because supply and demand, then after time it levels off and the price drops. If someone is asking for too much for a piece just don't buy it, there is always someone who will sell it for less (except primed chamber). An auction system would probably devalue the pieces, because people wouldn't need to make an effort to sell them, just plop them up on the auction house then log off.

Syndicate Allies:
On some mission types I don't mind Synd Allies, others I hate them. I prefer to stealth through certain mission types (Exterminate, Capture, Spy and Sabatage) and it's impossible to do this with them. Maybe if they stopped attacking units if the player wasn't detected, and had a cloak active until the player dropped out of stealth it would help. But yeah on other missions (Interception, Survival, Defense, Mob Def, Excav, Hijack) they can be helpful. I do think they need to inform the player when they've been knocked down though so they can be rezzed.

Volt:
Volt isn't really great at doing anything except speeding through easy missions and gimmicking with his shield and things like shotguns or beam weapons. He just doesn't do anything particularly great, and his buff isn't particularly useful in actual combat. If you want a shield you bring Frost, and if you want an AoE deals bad damage and keeps you frozen in place for 4 seconds you bring a Volt.

Ally Energy Bars:
Yes please, it would help corrdinate energy pack use.

I think the market goes over board at times 100 plat for Loki p helm,per New part of primes,certain prime sets

And etc

I have had guys try to sell nyx p to me after nova p for 90-100 plat

I find clan trading generally better ( 30-70 plat instead )

That was a few weeks after nova p came out and a bit after

I am saying the prices are a 50 50

Do you think players generally set a fair price:

-> generally fair, some exceptions. Not sure if true.

There are people who consistently price-gouge (and I'm not talking about things like people looking to sell Cryo/fire dualstat mods for 80p+ shortly after Spy 2.0 hit). e.g. someone consistently looking for 800p for a max rank Blind Rage over most of a week.

I don't usually /ignore people. I have 2 people /ignored because they're idiots, and around a dozen because I don't want to see their crap on trade.

That said, if you hang around in trade chat (as opposed to playing the game) for long enough, you'll eventually find something reasonable.

Usually.

Also

On the free market:

Right now, it's heavily open to abuse and is flat out inconvenient. An auction/marketplace system would allow players to actually make informed decisions regarding trades, and on top of that would let them actually play the game without lurking in trade chat for hours. That right there is the number one issue I have with trade. It's so inconvenient, and a marketplace/auction system would fix that. The only downside I see is a potential race to the bottom situation where supply is glut so high that everyone sells everything for 1p.

However, I think the best way to handle that is to implement price floors based on part rarity for the marketplace/auction. That way everyone's happy.

-----

Would you deactivate Syndicate Allies if you had the option?

-> Sometimes.

Syndicate Allies

Generally I do solo stealth runs on Oberon for most of my Syndicates (not being alerted makes less hassle when searching for medallions), so it would be nice if I didn't have to carry around surprisingly un-stealthy Red Veil operatives for them at all times. Maybe if they popped up when the alarms sounded, or I could make some kind of signal to call them in...

On syndicate allies:

I wouldn't disable them very often at all, now that they don't show up on stealth missions. They're fun.

I do wish they were always revivable though. And I wish they got a beacon on your minimap like kubrows do. I always feel so bad when I get caught up in killing only to not even notice one of my meridian bros go down with no chance to revive.

---

Do you think Warframe needs more silly additions?

-> Some.

I don't mind a degree of silly.

-----

In your opinion, which Volt abilities need a revision the most?

-> Overload

Speed is great (though I'd kill (some Crewmen) for a toggle on the FoV shift).

Electric Shield is great (though I'd like it if Shields 'locked in' with each other. It'd eliminate those annoying gaps when trying to cover e.g. the top objective in the Corpus settlement MD tile)

Shock, with 50%+ efficiency, is a decent CC-on-demand. I wouldn't use it as a nuke, though.

Overload... Tile-based, single-use damage boost, Electric damage-type (bad vs Grineer/buffed Infested), CC through status instead of hard CC, sometimes, don't know when, the animation lasts for 3+ seconds.
I initially thought it was when he gets the enviromental damage boost, but that doesn't appear to consistently be it.

The thing with Overload is that it's *almost* one of the best ultimates from a conceptual standpoint. Not great, but when used situationally it's buffed to be much better than paper would say. It's never OP, but a player aware of his/her surroundings gets more out of it than a mindless spammer. The problem is that it loses that ability after a single use, not helpful for many missions like defense, mobile defense, excavation, or even survival oftentimes. I would make overload capable of gainig the bonus damage from circuitry/lights even if it's been used already.

Volt

Volt is one of my main Warframes, and I've always enjoyed his versatility. He has small issues here and there, but for the most part, his skills are upfront and reliable.

The most consistent complaint I've seen about Volt is about how his ultimate gets weaker after the first cast; it gives Volt a nice buff for missions on-the-run, but becomes a pain for missions like Defense and Interception (involving limited spaces you're stuck in for long periods at a time) or Survival (where you revisit areas a lot). Additionally, the use of status rather than hard CC effects like Rhino Stomp means that enemies can ignore the effects if they're in an animation lock. Since it's mostly just damage and status, you're often better off using Shock for the same purposes, especially on higher-level missions.

My recommendation does not pertain to Overload itself, but to the environment: that lights 'destroyed' by Overload and Soundquake activate their backup generators after a certain period (30 seconds is fair), allowing you to weaponize them additional times. It could be an experimental method to add a soft cooldown to Overload's damage effect, discouraging spam by weakening bursts but still encouraging you to use its full effects in a pinch. Buff the environmental damage and it could be like having Volt bring his own Void Defense laser.

Beyond that, any buffs it needs are the same as any other Warframe power - dealing with damage falloff when it doesn't have scaling effects.

And of course, the visual distortion on his skills. Speed has crazy FoV changes if you don't alter your settings, which can especially tick off your allies (I've actually seen some players mention it made them ill). Electric Shield's little arcs across the surface make it difficult to snipe through it, on top of bullets and normally pinpoint-accurate beams vanishing with some immeasurable accuracy reduction.

Volt is well rounded, but it is too much split between its roles.
Example: Speed offers mobility, Electric Shield is for a stationary situation.
Speed is awesome and modded correctly makes Volt a melee beast. But Volt has the least armor in game.

The real problem is Overload. The animation is too slow, the damage is ridicle and for its own mechanic is not efficent the second time cast.
Its stun capacity and versatility are overshadowed by both Shock and Shocking Speed.
Essentially you end up using just 1 or 2 of the skills in every game.

---

How often do you wish you could see ally energy bars?

Ally energy bars:

The only time I find myself wishing for this is when playing either Trin or Limbo, because those are the only ones who can actually take steps to replenish ally energy without a restore.

I rarely end up wishing I could see allied energy bars, but when I do, I REALLY wish I could. And there have been times I wish my teammates could see mine, especially when I'm using Quick Thinking and there's a Trinity.

Edited by Chroia

The "unfair" pricing has always been present, and people who are used to trade with other players have learnt to deal with those sharks. Not an unsolvable problem, 

But i did notice prices getting up just after the implementation of void syndicate packages and i'm talking about most of t4 exclusive rewards wich is understandable, it's harder to get because more rare. and we're getting back to the topic from void rewards/ t4 keys bundle 

The hype with new gears and prime warframes isn't a problem itself, with time it gradually becomes a more reasonable price.

But one thing is clear, since the beginning the price have always been set by players, and those who buy and trade have accepted the terms. There will always be players trying to make a better profit, but meh, there always this one good guy tenno who would make a good price for you, so not a problem.

In your opinion, which Volt abilities need a revision the most? (can choose more than one)

Energy Shield - could scale in physical size a bit with increased range or strength

Overload -

I have used this ability exactly 1 time in an estimated 60-80 hrs playing as volt. I got used to not equipping it when we had ability mod slots and never use it. It is far too situational to be an ultimate IMO.

It's like creating a bar fighter character whose ult is "throw billiard balls", deciding it can only be done when near a pool table, then setting most of the fights in rooms without billiard games.  Unless the game allows for the pool table to magically slide into any scene just when the ult is used, the character effectively has no ult in some locations.

I did stumble upon an idea for a new version of the ultimate which evolved into a whole concept (possibly it's own thread) quickly:

VOLT NEW ULT POWER CONCEPT:
Electron Entrainment -> Exothermic Reaction

VOLT RELEASES AN ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE IN AN AOE BURST THAT:
    A) aligns and directs the electrons in materials in a single direction

1) flesh/ non-metallic or unarmored enemies-
            would glow and then dissolve sheering in the direction of the wave

2) Armored enemies -
            would experience an increased thermodynamic effect, melting and incinerating their flesh components. Their armor would glow gradually brighter, melting into a metallic goo (with a radiation or entrainment proc if touched) in the direction of the wave.

3) Droids/Drones/Other Mechanical Lifeforms -
            as the wave passed through their circuitry, they should overload and discharge all of their energy in one final blast (with some 4x to 8x damage multiplier plus a chance to proc a similar entrainment effect = "fatal discharge"). Their armor would then glow gradually brighter, melting into a metallic goo (with a radiaton  or entrainment proc if touched) in the direction of the wave.

B) Post burst survivors (High Level Enemies, Tenno Effected by successful collateral proc from goo or fatal discharge):
        1) receive a short electricity stun proc
        2) receive an entropic (damage wise) radiation proc of moderate duration

C) Due to the kinetic force generated by instantaneous electron alignment (in my imagination at least, mostly for the visuals):
        a) the wave throws enemies/materials not immediately dissolved by the wave's effects backwards violently
        b) or slams them all together in a centralized location in a fashion similar to Vauban's orb
        c) or builds a collapsing force internally causing them to levitate

D) Any Explosive Destructable Containers -
        Explode with a damage multiplier and chance to proc an entrainment status effect

CONCEPT ON ATTAINMENT OF THE NEW ULTIMATE ABILITY:
    A new Quest/Event, Mission type (Clandestine) and tileset(s) (Ancient Orokin Research Labs) could be introduced.

1) Plot of Quest/Event -
        Paid researchers/double agents working for the Corpus but reporting to The Perrin Sequence and Cephalon Suda uncover an ancient Orokin installation on Jupiter's (or one of it's moons) surface. This location contains a gate leading to Orokin Research Labs. (this could be used as a base for similar node additions in sectors across the Origin system)

2) (Clandestine) Mission concept -
        A fusion of spy, sabotage, mobile defense or hijack and sometimes assassination missions.
        Tenno would need to:
            A) enter the surface (jupiter) location undetected
            B) locate the "coordinates" to the specific lab containing the needed _____ research (some Orokin gates being configurable gates that could lead to multiple locations, an index would be locked somewhere in the infiltrated site and might require hacking multiple terminals to find the proper index)
            C) Use the index to activate and configure the gate in a manner similar to but more complex than the Orokin sabotage gates
            D) Cross the gate into the Orokin Research lab
            E) Hack consoles to enter the production portion of the facility
            F) Battle a new mini boss featuring an early research "proof" weapon containing the technology being tested (here Electron Entrainment)
            G) Hack 1-4(depending on squad size) terminals simultaneously to activate the research production mechanism which produces the new tool or enhancement (in this case a device or blueprint that replaces volt's ult)
            H) Fight back to and through the gate to the surface location for extraction or
            I) an Optional Boss Fight could be added here when used to release frames, weapons or cosmetics. The Boss would be a Massive Automaton whose powers were related to the sector of the nodes location (i.e on earth a giant made of rocks and trees etc.). There could be elements that needed to be destroyed to hurt/greatly weaken/expose weak spot of the giant that healed or repaired themselves over time.
            The Automaton would act as the last defenses for the installations and could be on the surface or in archwing battles in space or underwater.

Edited by OfPowerOfWant

1. Player prices are generally much better than what I would expect on the market

2. The Syndicate allies have always been helpful but I then again, I don't often play stealthily. I like what archwizard said:

Syndicate Allies

Generally I do solo stealth runs on Oberon for most of my Syndicates (not being alerted makes less hassle when searching for medallions), so it would be nice if I didn't have to carry around surprisingly un-stealthy Red Veil operatives for them at all times. Maybe if they popped up when the alarms sounded, or I could make some kind of signal to call them in...

Also, I've only ever ran with Steel Meridian, so I don't know if the allies vary from syndicate to syndicate.

3. No, it needs zero silly additions, don't listen to me though, I pretty much just play solo so this doesn't really affect me. Maybe add an option that lets me not see them.

4. Overload. I like all of Volt's other abilities, overload is situaitonal (which is fine) but it doesn't really do anything for Volt. Between shock, speed, and electric shield, Volt can dip in to a lot of playstyles which gives him a lot of options. Overload isn't useful in static mission (the types of missions where nukes are most useful) because of the lights going out and it's not great in running missions because volt already has the tools to deal with pretty much any situation other than ones that require a panic button, which overload is not (and speed can work is one in a pinch). I guess the biggest problem with overload is that with the virtually infinite possibilities for cool abilites, you picked another AoE nuke.

5. Again, I play mostly solo now (durkanet) so this doesn't pertain to me but in the good ol' days of 100mbps and multiplayer, I can't say I've wished for this information very often. Energy isn't exactly hard to come by and if I play a mission that's a high enough level to actually cause me to worry about energy than I'm going to be playing which people on know on skype. The screen doesn't need even more bars. I guess add it as an option if people want it.

Edited by merryfistmas

If you guys still decide against an auction house, could you at least put a trading post in the relays or something? Maybe make a relay/ship dedicated to only trades and shops? Even if it became more laggy with people I would appreciate a stable place to make trades.

The thing with auction house is if not done right it wont fix player abuse and YOU WONT get it right.

Most player will just buy the stuff real player give for fair prices then try and resale said items at higher prices. Not DE's fault but dont make it easier for said people to do that.

Trade prices set by players are fine.  Prices that DE sets in the market are often way too high (as evidenced by trade prices).  

But I'd like to see an open market.  One where you can list items at a price you want to sell.  And you can browse the market and buy the cheapest item.  Evidence from the past couple hundred years of economic study indicates this will increase revenue for DE as well.  Even though things in the DE market are vastly overpriced and people would be paying less for them, being able to buy things openly in a player market will encourage more platinum purchases by people wanting to fast track the acquisition of tradable items.  I know not having to deal with the auction house of trade channel would cause me to have more of a use for all the platinum I have.  I'd be more likely to spend platinum on a weapon through the player market because I'd be getting a fair price, instead of the obvious rip-off of buying it for plat normally.

Edited by Yorinar

Not very pleased with this community hot topic because it doesn´t grab the things i want.^^

#Market:

- don´t care i hate trading in every game. Sorry to say that. =(

#Allies:

- don´t really care if they are there or not because they can´t keep up with us tenno in general. o.o

Maybe you guys should consider a gaming mode where you can position npc allies in certain defense positions. With lifebars, Canons you can man (those big grineer artillery in the background of some tilesets comes to mind) and so on...  Dunno something different. o_____o

#Silly Additions:

As long as you keep the level of "mature"_"serious"_"dark" stuff higher it´s no problem to add a few "silly" things just don´t go overboard please i beg you.

#Volt:

No clue sorry never played volt. The only thing that seems to be a logical problem when looking at overload is that it´s only really working when electric is around you and that only once if i´m correct? Dunno that sounds wrong. A Electricity ultimate can sure do more than this^^

An Auction House would be my most wanted feature imaginable. It's not necessarily that there's ALWAYS rip offs, but there's certainly a fair amount.

More than that though, it's just kinda silly to have to spam a chat for hours. As well as silly having to scan a chat for hours for something you want.

Chat isn't even super well made in the first place so it's easy to miss a lot of stuff. That and it disconnects if you're not typing with certain routers..

Just all around, even the most rudimentary auction house would be an extremely welcome addition in my opinion.

It'd create ease for older players, and make prices a lot more understood for newer players.

I don't even really notice the syndicate helpers. I guess they're fine? Maybe a bit in the way, maybe a bit helpful.

Silly things are alright. Variety is nice.

I feel Overload is the worst off Volt skill by far. Is it meant to be a nuke? Is it meant to be CC? It feels clunky to use and doesn't do either of those things as well as many other skills frames have. 

Shock is.. alright, can't have every frame's skill be super duper good, so I think it's in an okay spot, as far as skills that do damage go. The fact it has CC is nice.

Speed and Electric Shield are nice, I'd be really sad if they were even touched a tiny bit, they're great as is.

I constantly wish I could see energy bars. Especially while using Trinity. Even as another frame though, for either potentially using energy restores, or simply knowing if other frames in party can even afford to use ___ skill if need be.

*edit*

Maybe Volt's ult could be turned into some kind of CC field around him? A fairly small bubble that would do no or little damage but having extremely high shock proc chance on things inside the bubble. It could be either duration or a toggle, I dunno.

Just a suggestion. I see shock as more of a CC thing anyways, wouldn't hurt to give him a bit with something like that, could work well with Speed and Electric shield. (Either running up to enemies to CC them a bit, or CCing enemies that got too close while you were using Shield.)

*cough* static cling *cough*

Edited by NearoC

Would you deactivate Syndicate Allies if you had the option?

If question posted has to be answered strictly then yes.

But there's my suggestion.

Before starting a mission there could be possibly a pop-up window of selecting two sub-types of syndicate mission: Stealth and Non-Stealth.

If player(s) choose "Stealth" variant, Syndicate will tell player that they are removing their helpers but if enemies will manage to trigger the alarm mission will be insta-failed — only way to Syndicate to track success of that mission.

Also if player manages to complete mission un-seen there could be a 10-25 % extra syndicate reputation as an additional reward to stealth completion.

If player(s) choose "Non-Stealth" variant, Syndicate allies will be present on mission.

Stealth must be stealth not hit-n-hide.

Also if player choose "Stealth", medallions could provide a small amount of energy when being picked. Like 10 for lowest, 25 for average and 100 for maxed medallion. 

In your opinion, which Volt abilities need a revision the most?

I think, talking about the most, I'd pick his ultimate skill. Because as already been said in that topic, Volt's Overload is kinda less used skill. Not a good point for maxed warframe skill, huh?

But again, there was an option to pick more than one skill to be revised.

So I'd say my thought about first skill, Shock.

Why not make it chain lightning when its not first rank of skill?
For example:
1 rank does damage to one target and has 75 % chance to electrify it (status chance proc).

2 rank does 100 % damage to primary target and 50 % to 1 secondary. First target will be 100 % electrified and second — 50 %.

3 rank does 100 % damage to primary and 50 % to 2 secondary. First target will be 100 % electrified and all others — 50 %.

4 rank does 100 % damage to primary and 50 % to 3 secondary. First target will be 100 % electrified and all others — 50 %.

Also status chance will not proc on those who has high electricity resistance (3 minuses) or those who cant be stunned at all.

thanks for idea goes to Cerulien, his post give me inspiration to think about that skill.

How often do you wish you could see ally energy bars?

yes. know whether or not i need to drop an energy vamp/pad or spam my abilities cuz someone is out, OR MORE IMPORTANTLY HOW MUCH ENERGY LIFE SOMEONE HAS WHEN USING QUICK THINKING

ALWAYS! Energy, HP/Shield of companions and ally companions.

Beind a support frame and not having knowledge of the "entire" team is limiting. Sentinels and Kubrows can help out quite a bit, so keeping them alive is beneficial.

Seeing the amount of energy players have is also very welcome when deciding when to help out or keep to yourself (ie. interception).

Edited by ShadowTony

Volt"s ult becomes useless in open area maps because his ability cannot proc anything in the area because there is nothing to overload. All abilities of all frames that deal damage need to scale with enemy level so it feels like they do something even in the late game, but, the need to make the ability kill outright is debatable, like after lvl 30 you can decrease the scaling a bit, and if the ability has more utility make the scaling start to go down after a lower enemy lvl. Speed and electric shield have no synergy. heck do any of his abilities synergize? Make electric shield more versatile, likes since he has speed, make it a mobile frontal shield that knocks down enemies when her runs it into them while speed is on. If he uses shock with the shield up make it more of a shotgun blast of lightning bolts that shoot out in a cone, while electrifying the shield so it procs shocked upon running into enemies.

This is my thought on the Marketplace

1. Prices would be consisted of both types of currencies Plat and Cred:

You can sell an item for like 10p + 10000c

2. Taxes would be 10% of the intended values:

If you put an item for the price above, you will need to pay 1p + 1000c to list it in the AH.

I think there should be also a minimum amt. of tax too: 1p + 1000c if your price consisted of both currencies. So even if you put a Prime part to be 1p1c, you still have to pay 1p1000c.

Tell me what you guys think about my opinion :D

Free Market Economy

"Prices are entirely set by players, without any regulated baseline or cap."  In most games I play, the baseline/cap is set by what it goes for in the cash shop.

The cash shop prices in this game are embarrassingly bad.  That's the only real problem I see.  Players have to undercut the cash shop to compete, but there's not a lot of competition from the cash shop in this particular game, so finding someone who doesn't have their head up their &#! takes a little more time than usual.

Syndicate Allies

They're useful when I want to go loud.  I rarely want to go loud.

Silly Additions

Ehh.  I wouldn't use them.

Volt

Overload.  Sucks.  Volt's other abilities are so well-rounded that you can just build for those and ignore Overload exists though.  I don't think that's a healthy kit, but for now he works, so whatever.

Allies' Energy Bars

It wouldn't make a huge difference to me, but I don't see why not.  That sort of information can be useful to a Trinity, or for when I'm feeling generous with restores.

If they implemented an auction system where the amount of items you can post is limited to your mastery rank I'd be okay with that. So if your mastery rank is 5 you could say only post/sell 5 items a day, however if it was 18 you could do 18 post/sells a day (Ofcourse leave the balancing to DE). You could make more plat doing normal trades and the ability to make more, but the auction house method has convenience.

Edited by LuxLo

Okay, let's be real. Anyone voting yes on:

Do you think players generally set fair trade prices?

are definitely the same people who target people who do not know any better to make as much Platinum as they can.

All I ever see in the trading chat is people sharking like crazy, which is only fair to the sharker themself.

DE, please take more than the leading vote into consideration.

You cannot simply disregard the hundreds of people who voted differently. 

Edited by Tymerc

As far as trade prices I think having an auction house where you can search offers and compare prices would keep the market competitive. Some people are overcharging outrageous prices for moderately easy items then justify it as "but it's a set". Volt is overall well rounded but the ability I use the least out of lack of effectiveness is overload. It helps the first time activated in the void or corpus tiles best but after first use in that room seems to do significantly less. As far as energy bars showing I've always wondered why it wasn't included. There are pads for team restores of all sorts so we should be able to see when someone needs it just like health or energy. Possibly even ammo count of currently equipped weapon would help in the same sense.