February 27Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clan trading == trading within your clan. A kind of [automated clan shop. Bob has a detron stock that he puts up for sale, and he can either set the trade as a brakk stock, or leave it open so John can make his own offer.]

Alliance trading would be similar, but either more expensive to arrange, able to trade fewer items, or otherwise less beneficial to everyone involved.

These aren't just trading options, they're reasons to join a clan, promote growing your clan, and get those clans together into alliances.

Then there would be trading as we know it ... which still needs some improvement, but no longer needs to be as good as the other two tiers.

I'm still hoping for a three tiered trading system.

I don't think it's the trade prices but rather the way it's set up. Of course there are people who will rip you off, but there should be a request set up, so that when you type:

-WTB synoid gammacor

you have it set on a 1 week counter that will have the request set and the longer you've been waiting for the synoid then, the further forwards it will come up in the list of people who want to buy it.

There would be two lists that people can check, what people want to buy (and whether you have it and how many of those), and also what people want to sell (and if you already have that part). This way the lowest prices will show up infront and there will be no ripping off.

Do you think players generally set fair trade prices?

No, I'm wasting lots of time to find a single rare prime parts or Rare mod and R5 Fusion Cores to rank up rare mod.

Then, buyers be like "WTB Maxed Rarest Mod (R10) 100p". Seriously?

I just hope that kind of player know the suffer of finding rarest thing and the cruelty of RNG.

Would you deactivate Syndicate Allies if you had the option?

If Syndicate Mission is Spy, yes. I would like to deactivate Syndicate Allies if the mission is Spy. Other than that, no.

In your opinion, which Volt abilities need a revision the most?

Overload is really Underpowered.

Volt's shield doesn't fit to his other abilities. He's a gotta-go-fast Warframe and his shield is static.

I have some different experiences with the trading prices. Whilst in the english trading chat most of the prices are very fair and reasonable, quite the opposite is present in the german trading chat. idk why

Volt needs needs some changes for overload for sure. Besides that he's pretty well rounded.

I'd love to use Overload for a more than three seconds duration stun, with instant reach of its full area of effect... Actually Overload only stuns with electric procs for a way too short time, and the area of effect takes time to reach its full range.

Volt's shield doesn't fit to his other abilities. He's a gotta-go-fast Warframe and his shield is static.

I have some different experiences with the trading prices. Whilst in the english trading chat most of the prices are very fair and reasonable, quite the opposite is present in the german trading chat. idk why

I had an Idea of when volt runs through his shield it covers him bascially making it a self buff

I don't think this game needs a Auction house. The reason that the game keeps me playing is that I can work for my own currency and motivates others to do bussines aswell. Some misuse their prices but no one forces you to buy them. The market is a huge place and there are plenty people out there selling stuff. If you don't like the prices they set and think they are way to high and the amount that they are asking are nearly the same then the problem is not on the seller but the buyer. IF you want to buy something either tell the amount off price you are willing to offer or don't buy because I have seen plenty people trying to buy sets for 10p. I don't waste a whole trade and a set for 10p thats not how I roll and there are people who do it thats fine thats how bussiness works. But if you put up an auction house you kinda force the entire community towards generic prices and doing bussiness would be lame and unworthy in my eyes. Once agian no one forces you to pay huge amounts off plats, either you bargain with the people or get your own stuff by grinding trough those rotations and see how much efforts go into them before calling someone else a scammer. 

lol... I voted overload, and EVERYONE voted overload... now that is funny. I thought I was the only one who still thinks overload is a silly press 4 do damage ability.

Seriously why not give it some extra effects when used with machines around. Like maybe a Moa, or osprey should explode on death, or its generators are used to give an increased electric damage to nearby enemies. Anything to make overload more unique.

Also yes to the fun, and silly. I say alot more, but it seems the few more is out doing that sadly. I like silly things to do. If it were up to me id make it so the boltor prime could be used to Gmod enemy bodies around on a wall so they make silly poses lol. Also grabbing should definitely be a thing.

1. Market should be free as it is. Why force people to apply to some regulations? If I don't like the price I just don't buy/ sell. Simple as that. If you set some standard prices, market will die. I think there are too many /Crymeariver kids out there.

2. Syndicate helpers should rot in hell (same as infested MOAs). First option for me - I wouldn't use them even on defense missions BECAUSE THEY HIDE BEHIND MY BACK ALL THE @(*()$ TIME DRAWING ALL GUNFIRe TOWARDS ME.

3. I love silly adds. Make more options of frames (not only 1 type of each; I'd love to have lil' Excal, if only he looked like the present Loki- adorable)

4. Out of all Volt's abilities definately Overload. compared to other frames skills it has smallest range and only thing it kills effectively is ligting.

5. Not really into somebodys energy bar.

I think gamecreators should rather focus on ADDING some kind of MARKER to a player who is hosting the game, so we could know when the host is leaving, instead of panic quitting when one player quits, only because 90% of host migrations ends up in losing all game exp and rewards.

Volt could use a little damage love for Overload.

I wouldn't mind a few more silly additions as long as they're usable via player choice. No reason our individual Tenno (or just us as players) can't have a bit of a sense of humor to make our murdering life a bit brighter.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

volt overload is great if its not conditional, if you remove that boundaries then it will be awesome, especially against nullifier.

volt speed is good, but since the description says improve volt dexterity, why dont make it reduce reload time and make volt recover faster from knockdown while in speed mode just like when player use handspring mod? 

volt shock since its chain dmg, why dont make it like nekros' terrify? its chain dmg, so if we spam shock, volt will stun more enemies, not just 5 within the range.

How to fix Overload:

- make it castable while moving (which would make volt hover I guess) or shorten the cast time a bit

- make it so it now procs the lights-exploding lightning effect with volt's shields

meaning now even when all the electronics in a room are gone, volt can still create lightning damage zaps with his shields.

1.) creates synergy between abilities

2.) ties into volt being a "high damage" frame

3.) works with most volt builds

4.) keeps his 4th ability from only being powerful once and then losing most of its damage afterwards

5.) easy as pie to code

Trade: by having trade prices for value items be high allows people who can go get said items a way to get plat outside of paying, essential for any FTP system to have a way for all players to get paid currency

AI buddies: are fun when the AI does not break down; The AI breaks only over long periods of time because AI are not designed to survive.

Fun/Silly: If anyone has a good reason to not add more fun, I'd like to hear it now.

volt: never used no comment

energy: more information should only be given to the players when other information are being processed automatically otherwise information overload could occur.

Regarding Syndicate Allies:

I love them! My sole complaint is that on Corpus levels, Oxium Ospreys target them for the self-destruct ram, depriving me of my main source of valuable oxium. It has gotten to the point that I would disable the Syndicate allies if I could on such levels.

Please DE, if you are reading this, please make the syndicate allies not elligible as valid targets for suicide rams from oxium ospreys! I need mah oxi!

Regarding Volt:

I actually miss the old days when shock was not instantaneous - would prefer it to work more like Ember's fireball now - like a lobbed missile with greater a.o.e. radial electrical damage but with a travel time. Just my personal preference here though. 

I don't personally use the trading channel very often and when i do it's either to sell something or buy something i havn't been able to get for a few months. That said i do wish that there were an auction house for people to put up their offers for all to see. I'd say that regulating the prices would be too much but making the less loud or patient players just put up an item for sale an let the system do its thing.

At least this would make me use the ability to trade more often.

As far as i've experienced the syndicate allies are actually pretty powerful and can help newer players tremenously or older players that just want to bring some lower level gear, but it's because of that, that deactivating them would be a nice thing to be able to do, that and they seem to attack on sight. which kills stealth...

What i mean is that if your AI allies doesn't really help they can be more of a burden than anything. and having to keep an eye out for someone you didn't even want in the mission in the first place is kind of annoying.

Silly things are nice, in small quantities, that's how it's been for as long as i remember playing warframe and i still think it's appropriate. i would however love to see things like dojo furniture and liset decorations added for silliness, but the minigames i could be without.

On a more serious note it could be cool to be able to train hacking in either the dojo or the relays (not that you would need it if you play the game regularly, but things like a highscore could change it up a bit.).

Honestly i don't play volt much if at all, so i don't really have a good basis for an opinion on this matter.

I don't often think to myself "It would be nice to have an idea of how much energy my ally has", because;

a. I don't often end up in a situation where this thought is applicable

b. When i end up in those situations it's more like "Dammit why can't i see my allies energy!?"

so yeah not often but really needed when it happens and very instinctive to want to see it.

free market economy hmm

So my opinion is that if there were an auction house that would show lowest price offers and bids it would clearly give guidelines on how high or low an item should sell and it would drive prices down because everyone wants to sell their stuff the fastest.

The problem I still see is that newly released items will keep being overpriced since they are rare at the beginning of each patch and everyone wants them (Do think thats ok though since thats how it goes with everything)

Free Market Economy
I don't trade outside of my usual group of friends often, so I don't have much of an opinion here

Syndicate Allies
I think you have plenty of evidence that players almost universally want to be rid of these when the mission calls for stealth (spy, rescue), however the best option is to leave it up to player decision. Ask when the player selects the node immediately following the choice of regular mission or Syndicate mission and preceding the vote/find party UI coming up if they want help from syndicate allies.

Silly Additions
As someone who was hoping for a permanent Cupid bow and heart arrows and loves randomly seeing players swinging candy canes, I'm disappointed there aren't more permanent silly weapon skins. I never bought any of the Cupid arrow items because I would only be disappointed when they ran out that it wasn't a ridiculous heart-adorned bow that was completely permanent.

Volt
I can't say I play much Volt, but that may be because his abilities are weak overall or because I don't care for his ability set. That said, the only problems I am aware of are that Overload is very weak without a lot of electronics available to improve its performance, and just hat dealing purely electric damage has left his damage a little behind since damage 2.0, almost to the same extent as Ember.

Allies’ Energy Bars
As someone who primarily plays with an organized group of friends and semi-frequently plays Trinity, this is a long overdue addition. I always want to know when would be a good time for Energy Vampire or a team energy restore without needing to ask or request friends shout out when they're low. I would rather be able to monitor it myself and hit it early most of the time. It should be very minimal to add this to the party frame. Slim blue bar and numerical energy available, possibly max energy because it varies a lot from frame to frame.

Edited by Centias

On the topic of silly things, I think they would be fine but in VERY limited strength and quantity. When noggles came out, I thought they were a bit too much, but they aren't particularly high impact, so I got over it. It's clear that Warframe is no longer the dark gritty scifi game it once was (for better or worse), so a little bit of humor wouldn't be too out of place now. Things that blend serious with funny are the best fit for Warframe. Things like Darvo, a wisecracking merchant who still doesn't seem like a sore thumb in the world is a perfect example. However, if things like schoolgirl Nova skin, or Vauban clown skin start making appearances, I'll be sorely disappointed. It wont make me ragequit the game, but I'll feel like the game has lost its direction to pander to the silly requests in the fan concepts forum. The line between acceptable silly and too much silly is VERY easy to cross.

Trading is fine.  It works exactly like in real life. The more same items you have on the market the less value it has.  It's logical and works as intended. 

Syndicate allies are a pain in the butt IMO.  I rather play with my buddy and my Kubrow. I don't need any AI allies to come ruin my plans and block my views.

Overload is clearly the worst skill on Volt.  It lacks the utility and can't even kill Corpus units reliably. Shock is amazing to stun enemies while reloading,  Speed is amazing for fast runs and increasing melee capabilities.  Electric Shield is the real beast with simply brutal damage boost and lovely defensive cover. 

In other words Volt is a well balanced frame with only his ultimate to slow him down.  It needs some utility to make it viable even against Grineer units.  Adding a long stun duration etc.  could probably do the trick and give it good CC capabilities.