February 27Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally do not think that players set fair prices when it comes to trading. To be honest that question isn't really fair to ask on the fourms, the people who are ripping others off will vote that it is fair so they can just rip people off more.

The random suggestions:

Allies do not shoot if the area in in 'stealth' so stealth is not broken by them.

With Trade prices, it's impossible for someone to know what is a 'fair' price and what isn't without knowing how rare/uncommon/common/junk something is.  I can assume that Arcane Pendragon helmets must be rare since there is usually someone trying to buy that for 150-200+ Plat.  So what about the rest of them?  I went mad this weekend and decided to sell all my arcane helmets and started high with the prices and just lowered them and lowered them until I got rid of them all.  But when I asked some people what would be a fair price and get told, 10-25P a helmet...  I didn't think that was really a fair price since I never see anyone selling helmets for < 35-50P starting price.  Maybe he was asking for the one helmet that was a common helmet, but I would have no clue to that.

Without someone knowing all the information out there, prices will never be 'fair', and with so much of the information being in the unknown, one person's idea of fair will drastically differ from another.  Personally, if I could trade any user for one 'valuable' plat piece for another that had the same value of ducats but they get a part they really want, and I get the same amount or more ducats than what I have, and toss in a trivial amount of plat for the transaction in some cases, I would consider that a 'fair' trade.  But with so many asking 40P plat a piece for the more recent prime parts, I doubt many would agree with me, but seeing how hard it is for some of these parts the drop, I can hardly blame them.

Free market :

Trades prices are quite ok imo, I don't set my price high and i always see someone post lower prices whenever someone put high prices in their trade list.

We don't have enough drops to implement an AH. All drops are the same, prices will plummet quickly.

AH will also mean that an AH bot can be created and i don't think it is what you want. Don't make the life of the plats re-sellers easier.

Some ideas that could improve the current system :

I actually have mostly only good trade experience (polite people, players showing me their dojo, players adding me in their friend list etc), maybe it's because i don't try to scam people. However, in a recent thread about trading stories in the general forum, most of the posts were about scamming people who had no knowledge of the prices :

-Allow the players to see the history of the last 10-15 trades in plats of an item, so that players have a better knowledge of the average price.

Trade chat is a pain to read for most of the players :

-Allow us to filter trade chat with a command : /WTB /WTS /WTT to have a clearer chat

Syndicate allies :

I would like the option to ask for their help, so that it's our choice whether or not we want them.

silly addition :

If it's for the liset or clan --> yes. Now, for the game itself --> no (unless for limited time events)

You can't continue to show and make trailers with a dark vibe if you do the exact opposite ingame.

I was drawn to the game by your trailers and the ambiance they project(on steam), now i see flashy colors and flashy sigils everywhere.

Or you could be honest and make a trailer with a flashy pink rhino wearing neon sigil.

What i would like is more choices about that :

graphic option to choose to display or not seasonal cosmetics (i don't mind them if it's temporary cosmetics)

graphic option to choose which color i like to see. 

volt :

speed is a bit hard to use because of the change in FOV. Allies don't have this fx.

i don't use him that much for now (will change with volt p) so my opinion on the matter doesn't weight much.

Allies energy bar :

Why not, could be a helpful indicator to see if your team is going to have some difficulties. But most likely it will be useful for energy vampire bot trinity

Edited by Gilmaesh

Trade: I think the trade system could defiantly use some enhancement, an Auction House would be nice but i think some restrictions would be good to prevent market saturation.

• Limit Auction House Access by Mastery Rank - Buy Access at MR4 - Only if the account has non-new player Platinum.
  • Limit Auction House Access by Mastery Rank - Sell Access at MR6 - To protect the economy from farmer/sell bots.
  • Limit Number of Listed Items by Mastery Rank - Same as Trades-Per-Day - To prevent market saturation.
  • Place a Reasonable Auction House non-refundable listing cost - To prevent listing of items with vary low-no market value.
  • Add Mastery Rank Requirements to all Prime Weapon Blueprints - Adding Mastery rank requirements to all Prime Blueprints will protect the current market.

Volt: I think Volt overall is a decent frame but without some significant buffs I would not pick him as a primary frame. Here are a few of the changes I would suggest that would place him on even footing with many of the more power frames. The idea is to make his damage more reliable, Shock

• Shock: Add more Damage single target damage and make the ability more combat friendly
    • Improve Base Damage - Increase the Base Damage from 200 to 550 
    • Reduce damage to chained enemy to 50% 
    • Hit-Scan - Make the ability Hit-Scan similar to Smite
  • Speed: Add some minor Utility to Speed
    • Make Speed effect knockdown recovery 
    • Make Speed effect reload speed 
    • Make Speed effect holster speed 
  • Electric Shield: Improve the defensive capabilities of Electric Shield
    • Increase the width to 8 meters (Effected by Range) 
    • Increase height to 6 meters 
    • Give the shield a Half-Circle Design 
    • Allow the Shield to Shock enemies that pass through it 
  • Overload: Raise the Overall Damage and make it more reliable as an Area Effect Damage ability
    • Raise Base Damage from 225/pulse (900 total damage) to 300/pulse (1200 total damage) 
    • Lower Arc damage from 250 damage to 50 
    • Make Overload no longer destroy electronic devices 
    • Allow Overload to be affected by Duration mods (rounded up to the nearest integer)

Silly Stuff:

Honestly I would rather see the UI worked on a bit more there are still a number of what I would consider essential functions that are either broken or missing.

• Armory - Adding Power/Duration/Strength/Efficiency mods should be represented.
  • Solar Map - Planets should be placed in order based on their difficulty.
  • Planet Mission picker - should have more information repented in the mission box - mission type and level range under the name.
  • End of Mission Reward - It would be nice to see the name of the planet/mission as well as some meaningful stats like kills for primary/secondary/powers/damage mitigated (deflected/absorbed/blocked)
Edited by Valar.Morghulis

A free trade system should be kept within the game. However if an auction house is implemented, make a maximum price for all items. This way people without a lot of time to spend in a trade channel can make some platinum/credits and those who are willing to do the legwork and sit in a channel for a while can get a true price for their item.

I.E: If Johnny finds a Scindo blade and has to go to work in a hour, he puts it on the auction house for the max 30P.

But Billy also finds a Scindo blade and sits in the trade channel for that entire hour and finally finds someone who is willing to give him 75P for the blade to level up their Syndicate rep.

Please don't allow this to become a Diablo3 auction house. Look up the repurcussions to what that brought. If anything allowed players to abuse a system it was NOT the free trade systems.