Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pilfering Swarm Has No Effect On Bosses

Cool3303

I am posting this in Feedback because it is actually no bug (I guess)

Tentacle Swarm has no effect on most/all bosses thus pilfering swarm cant loot them.

After testing a bit I figured out the following:

AladV - Takes Damage, However Zanuka does not and no extra loot will drop

Jackal - Legs take damage, However the main body (while easily reached by the tentacles) wont take any damage

Captain Vor-Takes damage, no extra loot (I was solo and didnt use a sentinel)

Nef Anyo- No Damage

Tyl Regor- No damage

Rest: Not tested

This takes away any use pilfering swarm could have since hydroids ult is simply too inefficient to kill anything else in sufficient quantity.

I would like to point out that the tentacles won't deal alot of damage and killing a boss with them is pretty difficult and requires good coordination in a team thus warranting the extra drops

So since this in feedback, do you think bosses should be affected by pilfering/tentacle swarm (without ragdolling)?

Or should it have no effect on them?

This takes away any use pilfering swarm could have since hydroids ult is simply too inefficient to kill anything else in sufficient quantity.

This gave me a good laugh.

Otherwise... I see no reason that bosses (other than the ones with annoying invulnerability phases, but I guess that's obvious) shouldn't be damaged by tentacle swarm. Kinda ambivalent toward whether or not pilfering swarm gives extra drops, since bosses don't really have any drops to speak of, at least not meaningful ones.

I guess the ult is not that bad and does scale with some enemies

But using excal is better =/

This gave me a good laugh.

Otherwise... I see no reason that bosses (other than the ones with annoying invulnerability phases, but I guess that's obvious) shouldn't be damaged by tentacle swarm. Kinda ambivalent toward whether or not pilfering swarm gives extra drops, since bosses don't really have any drops to speak of, at least not meaningful ones.

Well bosses drop some rare mods which are meh... and of course rare ressources.

Which is why I tried it in the first place.

You can't Desecrate any boss with a unique model, either. Pilfering Swarm is a farming tool, it's much more effective in survivals or endless mission types rather than on a single enemy.

You actually can desecrate a lot:

G3, Harvester, Corrupted Vor and also a lot of the regular bosses

Alad V is the exception I think.

So Pilfering swarm is a bit biased

Additionally the tentacles dont do ANY damage to some bosses which is ridiculous

Nef Anyo just shuckled because they tickled him.

Edited by Cool3303

Vor shares a model with himself, technically, but the key thing is you have to be damaging his weakspot and Swarm just kind of bats ineffectually at his torso. I honestly didn't know about the Harvester or the Three Bucketeers because I've never seen anyone try to desecrate them, though.

Vor shares a model with himself, technically, but the key thing is you have to be damaging his weakspot and Swarm just kind of bats ineffectually at his torso. I honestly didn't know about the Harvester or the Three Bucketeers because I've never seen anyone try to desecrate them, though.

You can desecrate G3