[DE]Drew

[Updated, Read Me] Psa: Update & Hotfix Hiatus Information

well, i hav no worries, ive been playing a year and ive yet to be dissapointed by u guys

Damn... this waiting game is getting strong after this post.

Patience, Tenno... Be as calm as a meditating monkey on a cold falls.

• Upvote 1

i have read all pages of comments now and FTW people easy calm down i bet DE is working their butts of to make the U16 an awesome update with a lot of cool stuff but as more u push them the more the update will come out with bugs and fails....

people u like the game as it is now so why dont u just play the game and w8 patiently for the update do some void runs or so there is still much to do...

Allow me a moment to derail the hype train.

All hands on deck, in my experience, means that a product is not anywhere near ready.  With a deadline looming, you say all hands are on deck to get a partially finished product to the release date with enough functioning correctly that you can call the product released and awaiting patches.

There is a real chance that this isn't the case with U16....   I say that, but can't believe it.  DE has demonstrated a willingness to release product well in advance of it being done, and followed it with a huge string of patches. If you hadn't experienced running in space, without the aid of an archwing, then you might be one of the lucky ones. We're on U15.16.1, and some of the problems from U15.15 are still present. 

What I'm trying to say here is be reasonable.  DE has a track record of big promises, and slightly underwhelming performance.  There shouldn't be a hype train, you shouldn't be salivating over what may be released, and you shouldn't be focusing on a date.  DE has stated that Tennolive would reveal a bunch of stuff, and there's no logical reason that they'd deploy an update whilst in the middle of reveals.  They'll likely reveal at Tennolive, then deploy a week or so later, after morebug stomping.  Stop the hype and develop some real expectations.  

Edited by masterofdetiny

Soon™/03/2015

Pretty much.

I'm all for waiting for the update. I said in the threads for the last couple major updates that it's better DE put their resources into making things cohesive and functional, rather than pandering to the impatient children.

I'm tired of the hype, followed by moaning when what we get is way less than the hype.  Call it a party pooper, or perhaps a realist.  DE has promised everything from underwater levels, to "exploding the void," to something completely unique.  What we've received consistently is underwhelming (when compared to the promises).  If you expect only that, you can be pleasantly surprised.  If you expect amazing, the first U16 threadwill be a bunch of whining.  Nobody really wants that.

• Upvote 1

*various disgruntlement*

No, realist is that we're playing a game we didn't pay to get into so I'm not complaining much either way. When it comes down to it, the question is "am I having fun with what I get?" and I answer with "maybe too much". I won't nitpick the details though there are things I would indeed like to see improved a little.

I find it weird that I don't get a lot of the glitches people seem to be getting. I wonder if there is perhaps a problem with Warframe in regards to the newer DirectX or Windows... or perhaps Nvidia cards. I'm running Warframe in DX9 (DX10 and DX11 unchecked in launcher), have Vista 64bit, and use an Radeon HD 7750.

• Upvote 2

is there a date  for U16

Not currently, they just said that they are putting full focus on it.

Once Update 16 launches, I am going to dive into that ocean, get to that base, and finally explore all of the rooms. Gotta find those secret, or very well out of the way rooms with lockets and containers.

All I'm gonna say is this: Please, please, PLEASE implement the Parkour 2.0 system with extreme care!  I absolutely love everything else I've seen in previous announcements, and Parkour 2.0 might very well be amazing, but it can also completely ruin the game if it's done poorly.  So please, please take all the time you need if it means doing this one thing well.

I have more than enough plat to buy the dragon frame >:D

I AM READY U16!!

Edited by Climaxstriker

Tenno, 

Update 16 is getting close, but we still have a lot of work and polish ahead of us. To help us ensure that we deliver the best update we can, we have all hands on deck with U16, and we will not be deploying any hotfixes or updates until U16 is in your hands*. We really want to knock your sugatras off with this update, and we appreciate your patience as we get closer to release. 

*(If an emergency arises, we will deal with it and update this thread)

so the day is 11/04/2015 ?????? :D  Don't need to answer this :P

I'm tired of the hype, followed by moaning when what we get is way less than the hype.  Call it a party pooper, or perhaps a realist.  DE has promised everything from underwater levels, to "exploding the void," to something completely unique.  What we've received consistently is underwhelming (when compared to the promises).  If you expect only that, you can be pleasantly surprised.  If you expect amazing, the first U16 threadwill be a bunch of whining.  Nobody really wants that.

Don't read video game internet forums (or most internet forums, generally).

Problem solved.

Swoosh.