Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

How do we know they are holding it for the anniversary? They teased Easter, but that's not until April. Last Tenno Live they teased Archwing and it didn't release until several months later. The amount of content and the specific content they teased doesn't tell us when it will launch. If anything, they seemed to be in a rush to fit in everything they could.

The exact quote is "We're gonna lead with things that are distant future and reel it in as we go." -Sheldon http://youtu.be/S8RKyh2StKM?t=18m10s

It basically went

-Intro

-Contest

-Mios

-Sheldon Quote

-Dex Dakra

-Contest

-Prime Access Teaser

-Prime Part Drops Discussion

-Rebecca Says "I think Dex Dakra is coming soonest of everything we've talked about". at This Spot In TennoLive

-Conclave

-Neutral Conclave Syndicate

-Raids

-Arcanes (Coolies)

-Library/Sanctuary (Neutral Syndicate)

-Chroma

-Contest

-Excalibunny

-Q&A

-Sentients

This is all really jumbled up. First Sheldon that they were starting with things that were further down the round, and going in from there. Then they show Dex Dakra, then the Prime Access stuff. So, by Sheldon's statement, Prime Access should be sooner. Then, Rebecca says Dex Dakra should be soonest of everything already mentioned (Mios, Prime Access, Dakra). It's already mixed up. 

Please do note how Rebecca says that the Dex Dakra will be the soonest of what had been discussed at that point. Please also note that we will get a warning of the prime access ending, and will get the new one two weeks later. If we were warned next week, the next prime access would come after the anniversary.

From there, it just becomes more jumbled. Excalibunny was one of the last things mentioned, even though it is for Easter, which is in April. This puts U16 after the Anniversary (which can't be true because of the no updates before u16 announcement). This also means that Sheldon didn't mean it when he said order would go the way he said. Past that, DE announced no Updates, Reinforcements, or Hotfixes would happen before U16, unless it was urgent.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we cannot predict when these things are being released. DE says things. Some are meant to be jokes, others not. The only things we can truly count as truthful are ones we have evidence for, and official forum posts.

Based on the Dex Furis' release, the Anniversary is on the 26th. Based on the notion that it is an update, it cannot come before U16. So, March 26th is the latest it can come out without DE breaking their word.

I love how your trying to put logic to De's schedule for release dates. They'll be released when they feel confident that the content is ready to be released, whether that be a month away or more is up to their descression.

So U16 is this week right? This Wednesday right? ;D

That has not been confirmed. DE stated that their aiming for a mid-March release of U16, so it is still possible we might see it this week.

I have the feeling we'll have to wait a bit longer, though.

That has not been confirmed. DE stated that their aiming for a mid-March release of U16, so it is still possible we might see it this week.

I have the feeling we'll have to wait a bit longer, though.

i have the same feeling that their workload got more and have to delay it again like every major update

I love how your trying to put logic to De's schedule for release dates. They'll be released when they feel confident that the content is ready to be released, whether that be a month away or more is up to their descression.

I love how you missed my point, which was exactly what you stated. I am not trying to put logic to release dates, so get off of that bandwagon. I am trying to point out that we cannot predict DE's intentions with what was said in Tenno Live. It's too jumbled up to put logic behind what they say. Things are under constant change. I was trying to put it across that DE's process of releasing things can't really be predicted. I was putting logic to the inability to predict. My point was that there have been so many conflicting things that have been said by DE. Really only the forum news can be taken as truth.

Of everything they showed us, all we can truly be sure about is the content and whatever they tell us here on the forums. We will be getting the Dex Dakra, we will be getting the new Conclave, we will be getting new syndicates, we will be getting the Chroma. When and how is conjecture.

Either way, they announced here on the forums (where they don't bullS#&$ around like on the streams) that the only changes to the game before U16 will only be fixes for major game-breaking issues. This is a timeframe of sorts. It doesn't give us an exact, or even general date. It just tells us that DE feels as though they are close enough to U16 to leave the community without new content for too long. The only other thing that can even be considered is the Anniversary (which will happen sometime in the last week of march). Nothing else has a set timeframe. These are the only two things we can look at for an idea.

All as I said in my original post, but with different words.

Edit: In the end, I completely agree with you. I would rather them find a place where they are comfortable with releasing U16. I am not saying they need to hurry and release it. What I was saying is that we cannot possibly find the release time in what they said at Tenno Live, because it conflicts too much. In what I said, I did not, at all, take a side in the "When will it release?" debate. I was simply stating that Tenno Live is not the right place to look for that information.

Edited by CoRRh

Probably next week. 18/19 march. Anyways I have a little hope for this week. Last major was long time ago, and if we don´t get nothing this week, will be a 3 weeks long without a single hotfix(26 feb-18/19 march).

That time is nothing when you see the time between updates in others games, but is rare here. In 2 years i don´t remember more than 1 empty week(except Xmas)

ahm no your wrong DE said there will be no updates hotfixes till U16 (and another month without hotfixes and upadtes would be preety bad for the game) and that it will be mid march when U16 gets released so we just have to wait like 1-2 weeks not more.

Further Prime Acess Last for About 90 Days and novas Prime Acess is about to hit its 90 Days.

Edited by Mikail96

They said once mid march

than they said early march

and prime access should be next week and that would be a own patch for it

we have no new weapons since 4 weeks

dex dakra is arount 23rd march

well that means u16 this or at least next week together with volt prime access

They said once mid march

than they said early march

and prime access should be next week and that would be a own patch for it

we have no new weapons since 4 weeks

dex dakra is arount 23rd march

well that means u16 this or at least next week together with volt prime access

Yeah

Honestly surprised if we get it before the end of the month. They said mid march, but I highly doubt that will actually happen it just seems like a ton of content in U16 and they still were coding and fine tuning stuff. If they release within the next couple of weeks I can only imagine it including some pretty bad bugs. 

Unless the sentients/parkour 2.0 was actually a U17 announcement because we hadn't heard anything about that stuff before tenno live and suddenly it appears out of nowhere. 

Currently we have 

Raids

Sentients

Parkour 2.0

PVP 

Cephalon capture missions

Chroma quest line 

New weapons/primes 

Revamped void/void key system 

J3 Golem (think this won't be next update, but it was mentioned during the stream). 

Tile set underwater

When was early march said?

Only saw mid march.

For you

When is Update 16?

Due to the size and complexity of Update 16 we've chosen to delay its release until early March. We'll continue to update everyone on the release of Update 16 as we get closer to launch.

Link is --> https://warframe.com/news/devstream-47-overview

Edit:

Raids

Sentients

Parkour 2.0

PVP 

Cephalon capture missions

Chroma quest line 

New weapons/primes 

Revamped void/void key system 

J3 Golem (think this won't be next update, but it was mentioned during the stream). 

Tile set underwater

They said u16 main theme will be Raids and the new PvP missions

+ the libarien, maybe j3 Golem as an arkwing bos

+ Chroma Qeust Line

+ Maybe Underwater

Void, Sentients and rest are for u17 or u18, bet u18 is for the sentients

Edited by Royzen

For you

When is Update 16?

Due to the size and complexity of Update 16 we've chosen to delay its release until early March. We'll continue to update everyone on the release of Update 16 as we get closer to launch.

Link is --> https://warframe.com/news/devstream-47-overview

Edit:

They said u16 main theme will be Raids and the new PvP missions

+ the libarien, maybe j3 Golem as an arkwing bos

+ Chroma Qeust Line

+ Maybe Underwater

Void, Sentients and rest are for u17 or u18, bet u18 is for the sentients

i think they actually made a mistake in there since in that 47th devstream they said it owuld be mid march and not early march.