Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

The aim is mid march. Like anything it can be pushed up or down depending on their confidence of release. Midmarch like anything is an estimate, considering march has ~4 weeks releasing it anywhere along the second could count it as mid month.

Don't expect it before. That's sound advice. That way, if by some slim chance it drops before the 15th, then great. If not, then hey, you're not utterly disappointed.

Don't expect it before. That's sound advice. That way, if by some slim chance it drops before the 15th, then great. If not, then hey, you're not utterly disappointed.

I've been playing online games long enough to know deadlines and dealys. Like another developer of a game i play would say " Expect updates S.O.O.N"

Sooner

Or

Otherwise

Never

Because I'm a self-centered, naive and disillusioned bastard, my bet is that they'll launch the update on my birthday, March 10th next week's tuesday. I'm also pretty confident I'll be fully healed from this flu by tomorrow so I can still give the escalation alert a try.

Both of these are unlikely to happen, but a man can dream right?!

It is not happening till they return from Tenno Live, they have to hype the update first.

I bet the mystery reveal is going to be Focus System. I'm calling it right now and I strongly believe it is going to be in U16.

OR imagine if they released U16 while doing the stream. People in the audience would be like "oh shi- I need to get out of here and go home and play it NOW"

I've been playing online games long enough to know deadlines and dealys. Like another developer of a game i play would say " Expect updates S.O.O.N"

Sooner

Or

Otherwise

Never

Just being realistic with DE's past update releases. If there's anything this community has learned, it's that it's better to err on the side of caution and to not be overhyped about updates.

The thing that some people dont understand is that its possible not even DE is sure when they are going to release it. It could be mid-march or late march. Dont be suprised if its next month.

unless its completed and sitting on a server somehwere waiting to be distributed, the release date can change a by a week or two at moments notice.

Well, nothing really is confirmed and while I have to agree with some Hype killers here, but its kinder 50-50 here. Here is my thoughts.

I'm guessing that about 50% chance for the update bening next week for sure, if we're lucky, as there is quite a bit to prove it. Number One, is that they will be not doing any Hotfixes, and with that, that means no update this week at all, and its always been update day them days. Number Two is that Tenno Live is this week, so that proves it won't be out this week. Number Three is that moreless they will show us something really massive in Tenno Live, and like the Arcwing Teaser that was in the last one at the end, the will do an teaser site, that will from Sat-Wednesday or thursday. Like they did with the U15.

However there is the other 50% chance it won't be, maybe it gets delayed or they do a hole week of teaser and then release it the following week early, I can't remaber if U15 did that if someone can right me on this.

But all in all its 50-50%.

Thats my theory and I think its pretty solid.

(I swear if someone replies to my comment saying: Thats what she said, im going to send the Stalker after you)

P.S I hope its next week, cuz its my birthday on the 13th, but then it chuold happen on the 14th, as its an late birthday gift

solid arguement/theory

SO EXCITING! 

So that's probably like a mid-late april release for Consoles eh?

I would guess DE might give you guys up to 15.16.1 since once U16 drops for us, there will be the inevitable rush of hotfixes and it will most likely take a while to get to a stable-ish U16 build, so I think DE might give you the more stable rest of U15 first.

I would guess 15.16, for sometime between mid-march to mid-april and then U16 possibly Mid-May for consoles. (Those are just my estimates, DE has confirmed nothing about this). 

Well, nothing really is confirmed and while I have to agree with some Hype killers here, but its kinder 50-50 here. Here is my thoughts. 

I'm guessing that about 50% chance for the update bening next week for sure, if we're lucky, as there is quite a bit to prove it. Number One, is that they will be not doing any Hotfixes, and with that, that means no update this week at all, and its always been update day them days. Number Two is that Tenno Live is this week, so that proves it won't be out this week. Number Three is that moreless they will show us something really massive in Tenno Live, and like the Arcwing Teaser that was in the last one at the end, the will do an teaser site, that will from Sat-Wednesday or thursday. Like they did with the U15.

However there is the other 50% chance it won't be, maybe it gets delayed or they do a hole week of teaser and then release it the following week early, I can't remaber if U15 did that if someone can right me on this. 

But all in all its 50-50%.

Thats my theory and I think its pretty solid.

(I swear if someone replies to my comment saying: Thats what she said, im going to send the Stalker after you)

P.S I hope its next week, cuz its my birthday on the 13th, but then it chuold happen on the 14th, as its an late birthday gift 

That's totally what she said

Runs away giggling 

Well since the Prime Access is I believe typically 90 days long, that means the Nova Prime Access is due to End in ~14 days, and with U16 is coming soon, Mid March-ish, I would bet we'll see both on Wednesday 18th of March.

New Prime access and U16 coinciding would not be unreasonable considering how close together they would be.

Well since the Prime Access is I believe typically 90 days long, that means the Nova Prime Access is due to End in ~14 days, and with U16 is coming soon, Mid March-ish, I would bet we'll see both on Wednesday 18th of March.

New Prime access and U16 coinciding would not be unreasonable considering how close together they would be.

Yep. I expect the same.