Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DonGheddo

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

What I'm hoping for?

"[uPDATE: Loki's Switch Teleport now causes a radiation proc on target for a few seconds.]"

Why? Because.

it ships when it ships. It's better to delay the release to squash bugs since the community will begin crying if it doesn't reach their impossible standards   

Since the Anniversary is coming up soon, I'd say max March 25th. Unless they pull a 'we will now update the game before U16' again.

Over a year in and Volt is still my most used frame (over 50%!). Can't wait to see how DE has designed Volt Prime!

Since the Anniversary is coming up soon, I'd say max March 25th. Unless they pull a 'we will now update the game before U16' again.

Now I'm reminded of the proto skin I won't be able to afford :T

This update better be damn cool

Here's the deal, though. The energy mechanic change is a clear and obvious indicator that DE does not want players sitting in one location for long periods of time doing nothing but spamming abilities. It's a rock with a punch-through mod on it; they've killed two birds with one stone, possibly more.

Additionally, reworking Mag's Greedy Pull would have likely resulted in a nerf, which many Mag players would then protest against. Funnily enough, it accomplishes the one thing you seem hell-bent on preventing: legit players suffering for something they did/do not do.

And when I was referring to "legit player base" in my previous reply, I meant it literally. The exploit was already hurting said group. Why bother running anything other than the mission with stupidly high rewards? Thus, everyone flocked to E-Gate. So DE stepped in and stopped the exploit.

one way to solve the sitting and spamming abilities would be to make energy orbs only drop for physical kills(guns and melee) and not from warframe abilities. (just my 2cents), also it's on the players we caused everyone to flock to E-gate by spreading it like wild fire, most of use were content reporting it to DE and leaving it at that. 

And you know greedy pull is "broken" instant looting of a map in 3 pulls(through 13 walls)......

Also yes good on DE for the swift fix and i'm sure they'll put their thinking caps on in the future for any further adjustments   

I want a bigger ship , and more customizable.  Maybe the ability to put our weapons on the wall, etc.  And have people come and visit )

I want a bigger ship , and more customizable.  Maybe the ability to put our weapons on the wall, etc.  And have people come and visit )

Since they are giving Excal a makeover with PBR, i hope they do the same to some other older frames *cough* Trinity *cough*.

this was stated in a past dev stream that it would happen and I have had it comfirmed in a converstaion with DE Steve via twitter. that this would happen some time in the future. But, like everything else with no real deadline as to when  to expect it but alas i agree it is way over due.

Since they are giving Excal a makeover with PBR, i hop they do the same to some other older frames *cough* Trinity *cough*.

Visually I say Please for the Love of the Lotus get rid of the Lobster Butt. and come on already and figure out cloth physic's.

And you know greedy pull is "broken" instant looting of a map in 3 pulls(through 13 walls)......

Incorrect. Greedy Pull covers medium-sized room at base range and large/extra-large ones with max range (which requires a strength sacrifice, lowering pull chance). It does not cover an entire map.

I've also never seen Greedy Pull pull items through walls. Closed doors on occasion, yes, but never walls. I can assure you that the position of the player on that one specific spot on E-Gate is capable of pulling energy orbs over walls. The mod is functioning as intended.

Incorrect. Greedy Pull covers medium-sized room at base range and large/extra-large ones with max range (which requires a strength sacrifice, lowering pull chance). It does not cover an entire map.

I've also never seen Greedy Pull pull items through walls. Closed doors on occasion, yes, but never walls. I can assure you that the position of the player on that one specific spot on E-Gate is capable of pulling energy orbs over walls. The mod is functioning as intended.

umm i can't record game play but you should go play test with loot detector on and you'll see mods going cleanly through solid objects.....