Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Vibe Is Dissipating With Almost Every Update (Read Before Insta-Hate)

(PSN)kiddplay13

It is a bit sad to see people being influenced by others and their design choices. So who gives a bleepy bleep when the Rhino next to you is hot pink and shakes his hips? If you don't like to see it, then find a clan with people who don't run around like that. There are enough "serious" or "true" clans out there.

According to you our perception of the game can be the same regardless of the changes they make to it? are you seriously saying that if tomorrow, DE changes all models to something like... i don't know... hello kitties, we can still force ourselves to perceive the game as it was before? please teach us all how to do it... cause you know... i really can't fool my eyes, i see what is put in front of me. And for the record i am not a zealot of the "old ways" but i think that your advise lacks any foundation and substance... unless off course you can teach us to fool our eyes and see what we want instead of what is put in front of us.

That is not what I was saying at all, I'm sorry if you misunderstood it.

I was not talking about DE, I was talking about how players design their Warframes. "Design" was probably a bad choice of words there, sorry.

What I meant was "Other people's customization choices shouldn't influence your opinion of the game" which was related to the OP posting the pink Rhino with the Ember(?) Pose. Which is funny because you could colour your Warframe hot pink at least since Warframe went open beta. So what gives?

If you read on further, you would see how I was suggesting a "use default model" option.

And all of this still doesn't invalidate my point of "you don't want to see pink Warframes? Don't play public matches and go to a Clan which has a dress code to your liking."

What makes me sad is your blatant use of exaggeration as you were "calling me out", since it shows you are not one bit better than the skewed point of view of the OP. Warframe will never change it's models to Hello Kitty. And you know it. Even if you ignore the license and IP problems that would go with it.

I really wonder what you say about my "lack of foundation and substance" because no where have I said that pink Warframes and animation swaps should go. No, on the contrary. Especially the Animation swaps are pure gold. Thanks to that, any female Warframe can stand up straight and have their arms crossed. Thanks, Ash Noble.

Still play the game, but not for its style anymore. The original feel and has been lost for me due to prolong bugginess of the game, lacking an interesting and coherent storyline, just patches of strange "new" gameplay/challenge like the Rift Sigil TA, and now CTF? If I want to play CTF I wouldn't have played this game in the first place. Tons of (monitzation) items like weapons and warframes but not much to do game content wise, questionable UI and various design choices. Too much choice isn't always a good thing (the pink Rhino is a metaphor from OP, not the frame itself), and this is what happen when you have no clear direction and just evolve the game along to cater as many people as possible for wider financial gain. It's a mongrel mess of a game, what you need to do is to return to your original dark, violent, co-op root. Making co-op gameplay more interesting and make the gameplay stays consistent with a coherent story, if you have one.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but... I would actually like to see something like this in the game...^^'

I don't think WarGUNS has lost its "vibe". I thought that too at first. But I realized then, it's really just that this vibe has changed. I regret the darker, more "mature" (not sure it's the right word) atmosphere the game once had. But everything changes with time, it's inexorable. Sometimes it's for the best, sometimes it's for the worst. And sometimes it's just... different.

I love Mesa's look for instance, even though she doesn't fit the "ninja theme". I don't know if I like or dislike this "new" game we have, but I'm still playing it, despite all my b!tching, so it can only mean I like it, I guess.

Okay, i'm with you I hate and LOVE that design at the same time.  Give it a more subtle name and I'm on board lol.  And Mesa is a gunslinger and embodies it even down to her Wilderness Tracking idle animation., gotta love it.

I honestly haven't think the change in vibe is that right now in the story line the Tenno have the grinneer and the corpus on the ropes.  The infested are trapped on Eris and nothing feels like a real threat to the system at large.  You have a interesting universe with plenty of room for your own imagination to fill it in.  For me, at least for now, we are kinda winning so it doesn't feel grim dark.

The game was never those things though.

It wasn't darker before? Then explain what this thread and many others like this one are about. As far as violence goes, I mentioned it because as far as I know gore was toned down somewhere along the line. You can say it was never about violence, but It's a visual effect contributed to a darker feel before, which is relevant to the issue here. The game was never about co-op since the beginning? Then what was it?

Edited by Macframe

It wasn't darker before? Then explain what this thread and many others like this one are about. As far as violence goes, I mentioned it because as far as I know gore was toned down somewhere along the line. You can say it was never about violence, but It's a visual effect contributed to a darker feel before, which is relevant to the issue here. The game was never about co-op since the beginning? Then what was it?

Let me illustrate the point a little: here is a screenshot from a trailer that's "dark" and serious and features Excalibur in a badass martial arts-y pose. There was violence in the trailer as well.

Hk7rbSA.png

And here is a picture of a garishly colored Rhino. Pretty much the opposite of dark and serious.

v_day_at_warframe_by_onidarkclown-d76awx

One is new and one is old. Doesn't take a genius to guess which.

Warframe was never this super-serious grimdark gritty shooter people make it out to be. Remeber the goofy old Grineer lines, the ship's announcer making tongue-in-cheek jokes, or the Lotus swearing during missions? It wasn't even that dark ambiance-wise, with new shader settings you can make it a lot darker. It wasn't even more violent, as the gore rendering is a lot better now.

People like to glorify old Warframe, just like people IRL glorify "the good ol' days". 

Edited by vaugahn

How dare they borrow ideas from Japanese mythology

How dare they borrow from Japanese mythology, Celtic mythology, Norse mythology, Greek mythology, Chinese weaponry/martial arts, German weaponry, Korean folk lore, Arthurian Legend and many things from many different cultures around the world to make the game better. 

>;(

The one thing I don't like about this so-called "new age" warframe direction...whatever you want to call it... are the quests.  I don't really think that quests are needed in this game.  I don't want new warframes, weapons, and mods to be gated behind quests.  They are just annoying in this environment.  

However, lore, IMO, has historically been absolutely atrocious in Warframe and I laughed everytime someone tried to inject a little lore into the game.  Simply put, the game just isnt about the lore.  Its about space ninjas with guns, grinding Diablo 3 style for new mods, weapons, parts, materials, etc.  With that said, if lore is going to be put into the game at a more rapid rate, I love the way they are doing it with Lotus and Ordis talking to you DURING the mission.  Id rather have them tell me about why and how the infested were wiped out long ago rather than reading it in my inbox.  Diablo 3 does this as well with the letters and books you can pick up off the ground with Deckard Cain telling a small bit about how the Barbarians came to be, for example...or telling about the different lords of hell.  Interesting stuff.

If you haven't noticed, I compare this game to D3.  In my opinion...you grind grind grind the same content against RNG for the next frame, mod, bp, etc.  And thats fine.

Read this and be amazed.

Otherwise I read almost all posts in this topic, and my eyes hurt.

Either way - what I just quoted put into few words:

the OP feels nostalgic, that's it, he remembers, fells - what wasn't even there to begin with.

He may feel the game was more darker, because when for example I unlocked all of star chart, there where what - 3 tilesets?

And half of them were Grineer ones, which were dark ...

But yeah Warframe has gotten so much more flashy and blingy, still I don't mind that.

I am amazed.

Have you read the lore for Rhino Prime?

It would be pretty freaking awesome if a certain idea actually came true~

*Nudges everyone to click on the link to this thread and read it too*

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/410235-the-old-war-memory-campaign-mode-what-should-be-the-next-step-for-warframe-and-possibly-update-17/

One is new and one is old. Doesn't take a genius to guess which.

Warframe was never this super-serious grimdark gritty shooter people make it out to be. Remeber the goofy old Grineer lines, the ship's announcer making tongue-in-cheek jokes, or the Lotus swearing during missions? It wasn't even that dark ambiance-wise, with new shader settings you can make it a lot darker. It wasn't even more violent, as the gore rendering is a lot better now.

I absolutely agree with you on your second paragraph, and I don't think that anyone who really has been around since open beta and before can be taken serious with the "new stuff is bad, gimme back serious business"

But is the first line really true? The "classic" color picker extension has pink shades. I could be wrong, but I always thought that colour pickers, at least the classic one, has been in the game since closed beta?

I absolutely agree with you on your second paragraph, and I don't think that anyone who really has been around since open beta and before can be taken serious with the "new stuff is bad, gimme back serious business"

But is the first line really true? The "classic" color picker extension has pink shades. I could be wrong, but I always thought that colour pickers, at least the classic one, has been in the game since closed beta?

Which first line are you referring to? I'm pretty sure color pickers have been around forever, I remember coloring my frame way back when I first started playing.

Which first line are you referring to? I'm pretty sure color pickers have been around forever, I remember coloring my frame way back when I first started playing.

The "One is new and one is old. Doesn't take a genius to guess which." part, in reference to the "old screenshot of old trailer" and the "new screenshot of pink Rhino". At least on my end, that is a bit contradicting with the rest of your statement... it sounds like "yeah I don't like the new pink fluffy puff stuff either". I just want to make sure how you mean it, that's all :)

The "One is new and one is old. Doesn't take a genius to guess which." part, in reference to the "old screenshot of old trailer" and the "new screenshot of pink Rhino". At least on my end, that is a bit contradicting with the rest of your statement... it sounds like "yeah I don't like the new pink fluffy puff stuff either". I just want to make sure how you mean it, that's all :)

Oh, that wasn't clear, my bad.

The screenshot is from a new trailer, the rhino photo is old. It was a deliberate imitation of the photos the OP used, but with new and old reversed. 

I agree and disagree. This game is changing, to deny that fact would be idiotic. 

Many people dislike "change", but honestly... I've found the recent addition of Syndicates and the update to Spy missions to be an incredible throwback towards Warframe's earlier day: where setting off an alarm was a game changer.

Along with OP, I'm nostalgic of Warframe's earlier days. I sometimes like to go into missions aimlessly, just to feel the variety... you know, instead of running T4 Defense, T4 Survival all day long

I think the void and Dark Sectors were a fantastic addition to this game, but DE uses them (at least the Void) as a crutch to add more content.

I think they could apply enriching story to each of the Syndicates, allowing for that mysteriousness - that we were so entranced with - to grow and rebuild itself. 

It was unfortunate that the Syndicates were all just open books for us to read off the wiki, there could have been a greater mystery or story within each of them, but DE sort of dropped the ball (of opportunity) there.

Devs have talk few times that Trinity, Frost and Volt should have cloth physics. They also talk about going back them at times to fix them.

A Trinity or Frost with flowing cloth won't be that far from Mesa.

Ugh cloth on Frost and Trin. Yuck. I like it being some kind of thick robo flesh.