Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Vibe Is Dissipating With Almost Every Update (Read Before Insta-Hate)

(PSN)kiddplay13

Oh, that wasn't clear, my bad.

The screenshot is from a new trailer, the rhino photo is old. It was a deliberate imitation of the photos the OP used, but with new and old reversed. 

I salute you, good sir - that was clever :D

It did fool me, because I don't know all the trailers or screenshots in their particular order.

+1

This game is a glittery pile of money grubbing trash compared to the masterpiece it once was.

Seeing as the main game hasn't changed at all since beta sans updates and new features makes your heavily lacking post even more lacking. Also, only items that can be farmed are costly plat-wise. Appearance items are relatively middle of the road and have absolutely no bearing on the actual game. However, highly useful (and to some, almost mandatory) items like more slots, catalysts, and so on are extremely inexpensive.

"But what about prime access?!" An option to buy such items while also being able to farm them =/= money grubbing, especially since prime accesses end. If DE was that money-grubbing, they'd have all prime access content always available, while blocking or heavily nerfing the option to farm those warframes. You should know all of this - you obviously went the "money grubbing" route and bought Rhino Prime. I mean geez, even your avatar shows how much of a hypocrite your statement was.

I disagree fully.... There is a lot more cosmetic in the game, but you could be a pink rhino back then too. EMBER used to wear OVERALLS... Thats not very mechanical now is it? And furthermore, the devs already had most of this planned since the beginning. you could see it in the codex entries and such. 

I see nothing wrong with where warframe is headed, and I quite frankly love it still.

I salute you, good sir - that was clever :D

It did fool me, because I don't know all the trailers or screenshots in their particular order.

Thank you :D I thought it was rather clever myself.

I was just trying to illustrate how Warframe isn't entirely dark or entirely silly, and the balance between the two has not changed much. We've got pink Rhinos and badass spaceninjas all in one game, and that's pretty much how it's always been.

Don't get me wrong, I personally would love to see the game become more grimdark. I feel like they could do a lot with that. But the claim that this game used to be dark and isn't anymore is way off the mark.

+1

This game is a glittery pile of money grubbing trash compared to the masterpiece it once was.

I'm interested to hear why you feel that way?

+1

I find this extremely hard to believe as thing game gets better each update

If you let someone play warframe in U8 vs U16 i'm guarantee they'll enjoy today more. Take those nostalgia glasses off.

I completely agree. Warframe seems to be unsure what to do.

Does it want to be stealthy or gun-ho?

Does it want to have hard (but rewarding) elite soldiers, or hordes of grunts charging your way?

Does it want to have difficult t acquire (due to hard boss or w/e) drops, or RNG on the RNG so you can RNG whilst RNG'ing the RNG?

personally I'd much rather have a more 'spec-ops' feel again, instead of some super soldiers barging in and murdering every single of the clones (with are formed on the ship, to keep up with demand). The latter gets boring a lot faster, imo.

and to the people going all 'WARFARM IS WUT IT IS NOAUW, GET OVER IT'

Warframe is what it is right now, true. It's also very not good at properly deciding on a course, and PROPERLY following it.

This, If it wants to have a more stealth element then it should buff the stealth weapons and improve the melee/stealth take-down system and give us an aware system like in other stealth games. If they want to be a run-n-gun game then lets do it, lets improve the movement systems so that while running/sliding/wall running you gain a significant avoidance/defensive bonus.

If they want to expansed both systems I would like that but they really need to pick a more clear direction.

I haven't been here long (I got in the game late October of last year, I think) so I can't speak about the atmosphere way back when. However, as a current player, I must say that I feel much more like a badass than a ninja, honestly.

Is that bad? Not really. I still enjoy this game a hell of a lot, and I see myself doing so in the foreseeable future. Sure, I may not feel all that sneaky and "ninja-y" like the game [barely] promised me, but I'm so busy kicking insane amounts of clone/capitalist/Infested/brainwashed &#! that I don't really care.

Sure, this game isn't the dark lovechild of H. P. Lovecraft and Isaac Asamov that y'all might want, but it's still rather dark.

Guts flying everywhere, the killing of countless soldiers under the ambiguous order of a leader you barely know and never met, the grotesque and mangled forms of the Infested coming after any sign of life (yourself definitely included) to add to its twisted collection...

Shoot, you even play as a mass murderer that helped take down an empire, and you don't even remember it! If that's not dark, I don't really know what is...

Of course, the inherent darkness in the game doesn't show much when you're hit with all the flying colors and large pink warriors swinging their hips, right? Well, that's pretty much on you, bro (or sis, which suits your tastes). I mean, you can make Oberon, the game's metaphor for a holy warrior, look like Satan's twin brother (red + black + Stag helm = Anti-ChristFrame). The flexibility of the game allows for the tailoring if your experience into whatever you'd like.

If you like the cool original designs of the old Frames, keep 'em. If you don't like the new designs of the new Frames, change 'em. I've seen a beautiful Mesa look with toned down yellows and navy blue that will definitely suit some of y'all's tastes.

(By the way, why has no one yet mentioned the alternative skins to the frames yet? I mean, Limbo must have one, right? IDK, but it just may fix the whole "Limbo tux" and "Cowgirl Mesa" situation a bit. Just sayin')

Anyway, it seems that most peeps here are in agreement that Warframe is in a fine place right now, and we can trust DE to steer this game to a direction that will make this gane even more enjoyable.

For those who wish to play the older Warframe, you just need to let go. Remember that this game is still in beta (I can't even wrap my brain around that, by the way), and it will change. A lot. Like, A LOT a lot. Take it or leave it. I doubt we'll run out of people to replace you though (no offense).

=======================================

And just when you thought the rant was over...

To the OP:

Don't you dare diss that Rhino! He is looking fabulous, and you're just being a big ol' hater!