Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Warframe Improvements...

Haruwa

Yeah, well, there's boob hating weirdo or three in every crowd. That's why I agreed with custom sliders being the best option to satisfy all of the player base.

THANK YOU. Just let me pay for some skins or sliders and I'm happy. If other people having to load the altered frame is a problem or something they don't want to see then let it be something me and only me gets to see. I care more about me getting to see the frame I want than if anyone else happens to know I paid for an alternate version. It's for my own happiness above all else.

Edited by Haruwa

Never understood why warframes even had to have genders.

If it's supposed to give them more character or personality, maybe they should have voices too, or something.

I think the T&A is already at a stupid level. I'm sorry it's not "what you're used to" from "IRL and other MMOs" - consider this is ~800 years in the future after the fall of society as we know it. The grineer have ridiculous proportion as well, but I guess you could say it's because of genetic engineering/cloning. I just feel like in Warframe, we aren't going to ever make the character look like us in real life, and I feel like that's a good thing. If I wanted to play some stupid human with huge breasts I have like 300 other games to do that with.

The lore is impossible enough to take seriously as is, I don't need my CPU processing jiggle physics while I facepalm.

Edited by Volume

Usually people complain that female characters are offensively big. Is it opposite day?

I am not offended by their chests and butts being small. I might be biased because of my unlucky genes though. They all look female and not flat to me but, I have not seen Ember's old model.

While I wouldn't say no if my Mag frame had bigger boobs and/or a nicer rear, I'd like it more if they gave her a better face to start with.

What's wrong with having a galaxy for a face?

Last few posts made me chuckle a little. Space ninjas with magic powers make sense? Warframe has lore? What? You're stealing data, rerouting navigation computers and blowing reactors on space ships because.... greneer have ugly faces and smell bad and nobody likes them?

My turn to ask where's the hidden camera?

Now I'm looking forward to boob sliders in WF more than before. If I get matched with people from this thread, I can rub my watermelons in their frame visors while we ride the elevator together and see how offended they get /trollface

Man, interwebs is serious business. For crying out loud, it's just a game, lighten up a bit people :) Also, BOOBS.

The Loki frame has a ninja suit built into it's armour, the Trinity suit is wearing a dress and the Ember suit has flaired pants.

In contrast the Mag looks like a generic rubber body suit with the galaxy face inside a fishbowl head. It lacks most of the Bio-ninja asthetic the others have going for them, or at least I think so anyway.

Edited by CheeseThief

Okay, this seems to have gone far enough. I think that there should be no "male" or "female" warframes - and what follows is actually a suggestion of mine to the developers, if any of them read this - I think that they could add an initial avatar for a player to choose, before choosing warframe. The avatar would be a Tenno male or a Tenno female. The warframes themselves would then be sculpted accordingly. Now, since it's obviously reasonable to assume that a specific warframe slightly alters the Tenno's physiology once he/she wears it, it would then be okay for a female Tenno to look more butch if she were to wear Rhino warframe, or more lithe if she were a Volt.

As for sliders for body adjustment? The only thing that should be unique is the avatar's face, and it could be subjected to deeper detail. The diverse faces would be useful since the players online could use this to recognize each-other through user interface, in or out of battle.

As for the body itself, that one could and should be more generic. These are perfect soldiers we're talking about here, perfect humans, and thus should hold perfect body proportions. As for males, some logic would dictate that it should be broad chest and shoulders; but when it comes to females, in my oppinion, it's not breasts that matter the most, but hips. Nice, shapely hips and legs in all cases, along with slim waists.

I personally don't think the female warframes are afterthoughts. They have unique powers that play a little differently. eg. Mag's "Come hither!" look is to "die for". By that I mean her pull. :D

And to add, I do agree there with you! Leaving things as they are is pretty damn good, too! Some warframe's abilities go good with their appearance, i.e. gender. Remember, what I said before was just a suggestion, a food for thought!

Edited by Phoenix_Rising

I really like the style of all the characters in this game.

There are plenty of other games with tig ol' bittied chicks to play as, why does this one need that, too? If anything, that kind of thing would be detrimental to being an acrobatic space ninja.

I guess I agree on having a female starter available, maybe trade Loki for Mag? Iunno. This is a kinda silly topic, imho.

Usually people complain that female characters are offensively big. Is it opposite day?

I am not offended by their chests and butts being small. I might be biased because of my unlucky genes though. They all look female and not flat to me but, I have not seen Ember's old model.

I like the idea that the devs made them rather "flat" though a little size wouldn't hurt either. We're (I'm referring to the female Warframes) are supposed to be killing machines and I don't think massive Ds floppy around can be taken seriously in that aspect.

Ember's old model was flatter and didn't have any to almost no definition. Her new model actually has a chest now and they worked on her rear and thighs, also her waist is more feminine now.

And I like Mag's face. Tali ftw.

Okay, this seems to have gone far enough. I think that there should be no "male" or "female" warframes - and what follows is actually a suggestion of mine to the developers, if any of them read this - I think that they could add an initial avatar for a player to choose, before choosing warframe. The avatar would be a Tenno male or a Tenno female. The warframes themselves would then be sculpted accordingly. Now, since it's obviously reasonable to assume that a specific warframe slightly alters the Tenno's physiology once he/she wears it, it would then be okay for a female Tenno to look more butch if she were to wear Rhino warframe, or more lithe if she were a Volt.

As for sliders for body adjustment? The only thing that should be unique is the avatar's face, and it could be subjected to deeper detail. The diverse faces would be useful since the players online could use this to recognize each-other through user interface, in or out of battle.

As for the body itself, that one could and should be more generic. These are perfect soldiers we're talking about here, perfect humans, and thus should hold perfect body proportions. As for males, some logic would dictate that it should be broad chest and shoulders; but when it comes to females, in my oppinion, it's not breasts that matter the most, but hips. Nice, shapely hips and legs in all cases, along with slim waists.

This guy... Just won a Internetz!

And I like Mag's face. Tali ftw.

Tali For the Win!

Edited by VelenoHargreaves

I did actually think Mag's model was a bit meh. Maybe they were going for the 'mysterious' look but... mmph. Not working for me. Needs more detail on the suit. Or something. Just a little bit more. I do like her abilities though. She pulls people in and charge-whacks them while they are stunned. My Mag is not high enough for the bone crushing power but it sounds interesting.

I got 8 of my female friends together to play this game with me yesterday and they really liked how it looked as a whole but turned around an uninstalled because they all wanted to play with a female frame without having to grind/buy one in order to do so. In addition, they said and I quote "I don't want to have to play as or pay for a female warframe that doesn't look like a female." This illistraights the problem I and others have been having.

I told them it was a free to play game and they were interested but then when they found out they had to pay to be a female frame the response was "I have to pay to be female? I thought you said this was free to play." Females are more concerned with having a free female starter than if someone is "objectifying" one of the frames. For the record I asked each and every one what they thought about the sizes on them and every last one said a little small. 8/8 said it's to small and said if they had the choice to change it they would. A small sample size perhaps but at the end of the day it's 8 friends I'm not playing with right now do to the lack of customization options for female warframes and the lack of a starter female warframe.

Me and my brother after just a day or two of play are heavily considering paying for founder status but the fact that none of our female friends want to play because of the lack of a female starter makes the game worth less since half the fun is playing with friends.

Having a bigger size won't offend unless you give it that over the top jiggle everyone keeps talking about that I never even asked for. I don't care if they move and realistically in a suit like that they wouldn't, if it really bothers people, put armor over the breasts.

The people who are opposing this are bringing up features no one asked for, like jiggle physics, as a reason it should not be done. This is not a valid point against the customization option I suggested since the two are unrelated.

A lot of the objections posted boil down to the female warframes body type fitting some peoples preferences or they don't care so no other options need be present. There's already an option in the customization section for skins so they already have plans to alter the base look of the warframes so asking for a little more feminine looking warframe skin isn't as extreme a customization option as some make it out to be.

Edited by Haruwa

there are some pictures floating around of a female exca frame in a trailer, so I wouldn't be surprised if a gender toggle happens. It could, however, been a placeholder model so I would like some dev/design counsil confirmation.

Embers current skin is more explicitly feminine, and has been getting some critisism for that already. Proving that these kinds of things are incredibly hard to do right. I think that within the 'minority' they're trying to cater to diffrent opinions exist about what is ok and what isn't, making this all much more confusing.

quick screengrab i did:

Warframe-trailer-frame_zpsde28083b.png

It's amusing that females are complaining that their representations in a game arn't sexualized enough. Guys don't want their avatars to look scrawny. Girls don't want their avatars to have small breasts. Go figure.

It would suck if there was an actual person who was used as a reference for the character models. This thread can't be good for their body image