Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haruwa

Female Warframe Improvements...

It would suck if there was an actual person who was used as a reference for the character models. This thread can't be good for their body image

Why? there's plenty of people here who've already said they prefer it the way it is now... Me included

Honestly, this whole thread feels like one big troll post.

Well, it all comes down to what I said before. The whole problem here could be solved if all warframes had both male and female versions. The exact in-game mechanism that enables it can be discussed, but the point is that the initial warframe's "gender" should not be dependant on cash, in-game or otherwise!

And if it's the girls themselves that actually want their female warframes to look more shapely, then hey! Who are we (men) to stop them? ;)

How the hell everything turned to discussing $* and bottoms? This is a game people, there are other places where you can play...coughwithcoughyourcoughselfcough.

Am I the only girl around here that thinks the female warframes are offensively small? Nothing up top nothing in the back... When I first loaded in me and some others I started playing this game with actually had trouble telling if one of the warframes was really female at all until we saw it was infact included in the female bundle meaning it had to be... probably... most likely female. Considering I'm going to end up buying all three and I'm effectivly having to pay for the pleasure of their company/actually getting to be a female warframe since all the starters are guys... IDK I expected a little more appeal. It's a woman for crying out loud it doen't have to be so flat just because it's a fighter unless you are telling me warframes bind their chests or something.

Anyways lack of visual appeal aside it would be nice if there was a free starter female I could play with right out of the gate?

Actually, female warriors, throughout history, have bound their chests - turns out, breasts have the nasty habit of getting in the way of a sword swing or whatnot - in fact, I recall hearing about an Amazonian tribe that actually had their right breast removed entirely, so that bowstrings were easier to pull back.

All this to say, the Tanno are a warrior race - they're going to press every advantage they can get, and that would include the females binding their chests.

if you want to see a female/male body parts, you're playing the wrong game.

I'm a girl and I don't give a flying f.u.c.k about boobs, bootie or men's assets. All I wanna do is PLAY the game, and while doing so, I have a little time to think about or to observe the bootie of my character. I'm more focused on the enemies, but that's just me. We can ust ask the developers to make some ''horny'' mode, so everybody can be satisfied. Although I'm not quite sure how can anybody play with only one hand, but you seem to be experts on this field so...

I'm not female but I agree. It's a little surprising that there's no female starter frame choice. A few female friends of mine might be put off slightly by this. Hopefully, this is improved soon.

Yeah I'm a female and I was a little down when I noticed that I couldn't start with a female Warframe. Finally got Trinity though, so I'm happy but I think it would be nice to see a female Warframe as a starter choice.

The only one I don't like is the Ember, the head looks special.

I haven't used the mag but the Trinity looks more feminine than the Ember IMO. It really depends if you want the females to look really feminine, there are going to be skins later so there may be some added then. Personally I don't mind seeing females not sexualised for a change. I would like to see the Embers hat not look derptastic though.

I hope the devs don't listen to this it is the dumbest thing ever. Women in combat historically have worn the same armor as men and excessive sexualization of women is a problem in video games already. I like that the male and female characters aren't differentiated by disproportionate sexual characteristics. That isn't the focus or point of the game anyways. Nerds wanting fanservice in the games they play is as sad as it is prevalent.

I agree with the OP, and I want to take it a step further. What's with the guy's crotches? IRL I know lots of guys and their crotches, and speaking as a guy, we have so much more down there than those pansy warframes. I demand maybe a slider for dude frame's sock-stuffing effect... or maybe a few notches like "gym socks"/"bowling ball"/"drunk dwarf" it's just so unrealistic as it is now and I know all my guy friends would totally play this game but they just can't "role play" unless their characters have huge schlongs just like we all do IRL.

No, but seriously, I do agree that there should be at least one female starter warframe. In fact, I think it should be 2 male/2 female starters, if the frame roster ever expands (kinda like my pants -- HEY-OH!)

I hope the devs don't listen to this it is the dumbest thing ever. Women in combat historically have worn the same armor as men and excessive sexualization of women is a problem in video games already. I like that the male and female characters aren't differentiated by disproportionate sexual characteristics. That isn't the focus or point of the game anyways. Nerds wanting fanservice in the games they play is as sad as it is prevalent.

Basically this. I'd like a female starter frame or two though, the lack of one and making a big deal out of the FEMALE WARFRAME BUNDLE is pretty immensely malecentric and S#&$ty.

e: And just to add a little more to the conversation, as a woman, if the female warframes were hypersexualised the way a lot of female characters in games are, I'd probably have been extremely put off or even decided not to play the game entirely!

Man i don't understad... you guys want this game be popular? I think DEV want recruit more player ever...

Just making/adding a option for the male/female option (next to changing color option), it should be done. Why someone just obligated to play one sex warframe cause DEV created one skin? We play Third Person Shotter cause we like see our character moving and firing.

I'd pretty much appreciate if all avatar of character come with double sided face, one side male, other side female looking right and left.

Pretty many of player acclaim that a start female warframe is neccessary (or switching male to female easly for free).

Here we can see that a female version of Excalibur (if im not wrong the helmet is, I'm right?)

Warframe-trailer-frame_zpsde28083b.png

And what Haruwa (and her friend) want is a little addition of breast on female character, not that they were silly huge like a watermelon...

If they are actually A-Cup, making them to B-Cup/C-Cup won't be that bad. None said we need Futuristic Tomb Raider there.

Don't tell me you guys will stop play, cause they will add some breast. I don't think so. If we can get more player with those change, so be it.

And with all those guys argumenting about real women in combat that get their right breast cut off... man seriously.. we are talking about a game.

If they introduced female, I think it was for Fanservice. And for those that keep saying real fighter/ninja/kunoichi were etc...

First, Rhino is too big for a ninja. Excalibur too, they should be all skinny like Volt.

And about Female Bundle... we are on Beta so they will be refunded anyway...

Please tell me more about how women who have masectomies or small breasts or small hips are not real women and may as well be men. I'm curious to see what objective empirical logic you have to come at such a deicison.

Get off the caveman mentality that men and women are defined by their masculinity and femininity, it's 2013 not 1813.

Well, the OP has repeatedly said that she prefers a more feminine look for the female warframes. That does not equate to hypersexualization, imho. I have female gamer friends and siblings. They always play female chars if available. Few would choose male chars if they had a choice. Especially in more hmm... personal(?) games like rpgs / online games. Where it matters to them that they have female characters - and in rpgs, that they can fully deck out in accessories and cosmetics but I digress. Many of them do enjoy such games as Super Mario but I think in those games, it's more... casual? So it matters less.

I don't, personally, know any girls to have an opinion like Tresnjica's but she's proof that they do exist. This issue, while a few on this thread feel is not worth bothering with, is still an issue to potential customers of DE. I'm sure DE are more than a little interested to know what they can do to entice more players.

Having female starter frame choices is probably something they should implement soon, imho. The more feminine female frame issue is a matter of opinion and as always opinion can vary greatly. Personally, I don't mind the current shape of the female warframes (neither would I mind more shapely female warframes) but I'm not in that target market. I don't prefer to play female chars anyway. But it's obviously important enough for a significant number female gamers with a large proportion of males gamers not minding or even supporting it. So why not? I just don't get the hostility in some of the posts on this thread.

As to the question of image. Why is it strange that girls might want to use avatars with a nice shape that may or may not follow their (or women in general) shape IRL? I think few guys would want to play plump, scrawny or otherwise normal, non-badass-looking chars in a fantasy/sci-fi game like this. It's escapist fantasy, after all.

I got 8 of my female friends together to play this game with me yesterday and they really liked how it looked as a whole but turned around an uninstalled because they all wanted to play with a female frame without having to grind/buy one in order to do so. In addition, they said and I quote "I don't want to have to play as or pay for a female warframe that doesn't look like a female." This illistraights the problem I and others have been having.

I told them it was a free to play game and they were interested but then when they found out they had to pay to be a female frame the response was "I have to pay to be female? I thought you said this was free to play." Females are more concerned with having a free female starter than if someone is "objectifying" one of the frames. For the record I asked each and every one what they thought about the sizes on them and every last one said a little small. 8/8 said it's to small and said if they had the choice to change it they would

I think we can all agree that either having a female starter frame or having a male and female version of each frame would be a good idea.

As for any sort of sliders to adjust things... I guess maybe you could throw those in with the color palette or something.. I really like that in this game women aren't hypersexuallized, but if their dimensions are really that offputting to female players, I wouldn't mind sliders as a platinum feature. Obviously sliders would have to exist for male frames as well, but honestly, I play as Volt and I'd probably leave him about the same since that's actually probably about how I'd look if I worked out some and was in a suit like that.

Sliders are something I'm against on the grounds of the time to implement, but if it is really that big of a factor to female gamers, then by all means, devs, add them.

+1 for sliders (like extra colours) idea. That should keep just about everyone happy. I just hope the maximum does not go into watermelon territory...

I'll vote for the blacklight: retribution style of gender selection: Choose once when you first log in, then pay( almost excessive ammounts of money) if you want to change it.

That would make a more weighted choice, which would reduce people fooling around.

On the other hand, since this game revolves around warframes more than the player it might be an option to do it per warframe. Akin to an mmo where you can choose per character. Not a big fan but, it's an option I guess.

I agree with having one of the starters be female.

However, I can't really agree with making female warframes more "voluptuous"

It's hard to swing a sword, do crazy flips, and fire a rifle (some of which at the same time) when you have giant breasts bouncing around uncontrollably.

Which is why most female athletes and soldiers bind their breasts.

Why not give all the male warframes huge bulges while you're at it?

I agree with having one of the starters be female.

However, I can't really agree with making female warframes more "voluptuous"

It's hard to swing a sword, do crazy flips, and fire a rifle (some of which at the same time) when you have giant breasts bouncing around uncontrollably.

Which is why most female athletes and soldiers bind their breasts.

Why not give all the male warframes huge bulges while you're at it?

they haven't? :D

warframe-rhino.jpg

I really need to stop tracking this thread..

edit: hung like a krogan. (I saw someone mentioning mass effect, sorry >_> )

they haven't? :D

warframe-rhino.jpg

I really need to stop tracking this thread..

edit: hung like a krogan. (I saw someone mentioning mass effect, sorry >_> )

AHAHAHAHA

I honestly never noticed that.

That's funny.

But hey. Atleast it's sleek enough that it doesn't look like it'd really get in the way.

One have to consider the aerodynamic factor as well, when facing the problem of making something perfect, yet gender-distinguished.(BTW Rhino is still aerodynamic, even when buff.)

To the rest VL;DR(Very Long; Did Read):

A reacurring theme is the need of a female starter. This is completely resonable, apart from other things suggested in this thread.

The thing is, I do not think that they cared much for which gender the starters were, they were more interested in the availability of different skill levels, and general skills as well. The starters, which I think are Volt, Loki, Excalibur, and Rhino, are all based on different playstyles. I, when I play the game, do not care which gender the warframe has, only which abilities it has. Because what's important is not how it looks, nor what gender it has, it's what you can do with it.

But since there seems like the general opinion is that there is a need for a female starter, why not just change the starters? I've heard good things about this company, and feedback. This is one thing they really should heed.