Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haruwa

Female Warframe Improvements...

It's hard to swing a sword, do crazy flips, and fire a rifle (some of which at the same time) when you have >>giant breasts bouncing around uncontrollably.<<

Which is why most female athletes and soldiers bind their breasts.

It seems like, You and Lots of other community with this assumption...have forgoten few things, and as well as overreacted...

If im sure enough, WarFrame is an ARMOR not some kinda Dress,and im pretty sure ''this warframe armor'' holds them in place and whoever said they must be ''Watermelon-sized'' ?

As a fact, you cant see face of whoever wears that WarFrame, than atleast make them somehow recognize-able,

because i do admit...at first i thought there are only Male WarFrames, because neather of them didnt look any different from each other...

even tho i noticed ''Female Bundle'', ... still, i thought it was just meant as a context for female players >.>

I hope the devs don't listen to this it is the dumbest thing ever. Women in combat historically have worn the same armor as men and excessive sexualization of women is a problem in video games already. I like that the male and female characters aren't differentiated by disproportionate sexual characteristics. That isn't the focus or point of the game anyways. Nerds wanting fanservice in the games they play is as sad as it is prevalent.

Basically this. I'd like a female starter frame or two though, the lack of one and making a big deal out of the FEMALE WARFRAME BUNDLE is pretty immensely malecentric and S#&$ty.

e: And just to add a little more to the conversation, as a woman, if the female warframes were hypersexualised the way a lot of female characters in games are, I'd probably have been extremely put off or even decided not to play the game entirely!

What they said.

Apart from the being a woman bit... I'm a dude, but I still agree.

What they said.

Apart from the being a woman bit... I'm a dude, but I still agree.

I'm torn, on the one hand I agree that they shouldn't go too far with the sexualisation thing. On the other hand, Most male frames are pretty [cliche] bulky while the women apparantly don't need muscles. Another reason why I like the current ember(not everything).

There has to be a nice middle ground.

Also, male/female versions of all warframes, would be the best thing ever. They could then make variations per warframe (rhino = big, mag = slim, for example) rather than trying to please everyone with one style of character.

My gf didnt realyze my Mag was a female till I told her to look carefully...

Please more breasts...or a better shapped bum!

Brought this up with my best friend who happens to be a girl. She agreed with the OP, feeling she would associate more with the character if they were more... substantial... At the same time the opposition has a good argument as well.

I haven't seen such an equally matched internet argument in a long time :D

bigger bewbs please. they so tiny with all that bulk ;o lol... its a suggestion. or better curves..

Oh God no. Please, don't do this. I think the current female design is absolutely brilliant. It's one of the best I've seen in a game since Mass Effect 1. And even ME1 was sexed up. Seriously. I am so sick and tired of oversexed female characters in games.

And people keep saying they want them to look more "female", bullcrap. What they want is for them to look more "sexy". There is nothing about the current anatomy that is wrong for a female. The current female models all have perfectly female bodies. They are war machines, not fetish wear.

Oh God no. Please, don't do this. I think the current female design is absolutely brilliant. It's one of the best I've seen in a game since Mass Effect 1. And even ME1 was sexed up. Seriously. I am so sick and tired of oversexed female characters in games.

And people keep saying they want them to look more "female", bullcrap. What they want is for them to look more "sexy". There is nothing about the current anatomy that is wrong for a female. The current female models all have perfectly female bodies. They are war machines, not fetish wear.

its the same thing, if we males can have a regular sized male warframe and something bigger like Rhino, I don't see why they can't include a female warframe with a different build.

They look perfectly fine to me.

Tenno are considered to be an extremely old civilization of warriors; I'd like to leave it that way.

This person is one of the only people with sanity.

If people are having difficulty relating to characters, that is a perfectly reasonable complaint. If they want their character to be more sexualized for the sake of being such, that isn't one.

well i don't want them sexualized i just want them to look more feminine

its the same thing, if we males can have a regular sized male warframe and something bigger like Rhino, I don't see why they can't include a female warframe with a different build.

Again, male/female versions of all warframes. There is decent variety in the warframes I feel. The main problem is that there aren't that many, especially female ones. Making gender a more 'cosmetic' choice would double up on variety without affecting the class balancing/tweaking.

It's a lot of work though(boring grunt work even), their artists would have to go man-mode(it's a figure of speech, jeez) to get that done even remotely soonish.

Not female enough? Most of the female warframes look so obviously female it almost hurts.

Personally I'd prefer some extra armour padding.

Dear lord it's like the term "over sexualized" is a token buzz word without any real value or meaning being tossed around left right and center in here.

I tried to say this as gently as possible as to not accidentally offend anyone who might have a... limited bust size but I can't affiliate myself with the current flat female frames or really see them as female at all since my chest has not been that small since early middle school. Just because some end up a little bigger than others doesn't suddenly make them sexualized for everyone. I don't think giving my female warframe bigger anything purely from a desire to have her better match my real proportions makes her sexy at all, just my normal, to match my body type so that she looks the way I like/find acceptable.

Really, anyone who says they have to stay small because that's what they are physically attracted to is sexualizing the current female warframes in ways I never could. I dare say they are objects of hormone driven adoration just as much now than if the proportions changed.

For the record I don't appreciate having people super impose their dirty minded agendas over my suggestions or words. I'm not in the gutter so if people want jiggle physics when their female frames jump then just speak for yourself and yourself only. Don't put words in peoples mouths just because some people can't make a decent argument against my suggestion without adding watermelon sized breasts and jiggle to it. Those were not my suggestions so don't bring up irreverent extras that aren't being asked after by anyone. Saying I want an extra large slice of cake doesn't mean I want the entire cake. Giving my female warframe my proportions is not my definition of over sexualizing her and I find that notion altogether offensive because my own body type is automatically labeled over sexualized and can't just be normal.

Am I the only girl around here that thinks the female warframes are offensively small? Nothing up top nothing in the back... When I first loaded in me and some others I started playing this game with actually had trouble telling if one of the warframes was really female at all until we saw it was infact included in the female bundle meaning it had to be... probably... most likely female. Considering I'm going to end up buying all three and I'm effectivly having to pay for the pleasure of their company/actually getting to be a female warframe since all the starters are guys... IDK I expected a little more appeal. It's a woman for crying out loud it doen't have to be so flat just because it's a fighter unless you are telling me warframes bind their chests or something.

Anyways lack of visual appeal aside it would be nice if there was a free starter female I could play with right out of the gate?

Why worry on this, anyway it's up to you. I find it easy to see if it is female, seems obvious enough with the chest.

I have actually not come across a Trinity in the game (a couple mags and a few Embers though) and would like to ask, what about the following is not sufficiently.. sized?

https://d19xhykha9wh...mages/warframe/[current-user%3Aoriginal]/1017430331/MAG.jpg

Trinity seems to be a good addition in a tean if you love to heal, I played with 1 once, seems great.

Why worry on this, anyway it's up to you. I find it easy to see if it is female, seems obvious enough with the chest.

Because unless they get more recognisably feminine they will end up like Volt here...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/4523-regarding-the-volt-nerf/page__hl__%2Bvolt+%2Bnerf

The butt of a joke...

I'm still not convinced Ember and Trinity aren't just slim boys dashing about in what they believe to be feminine looking armor trying to cover up their lack of a chest with "strategically placed breastplates" so obvious in this case is not enough across the board for everyone to see them as their intended gender. How many more people have to say they couldn't tell they were female until someone came along and told them they were female before people notice it is a problem I wonder?

fixed link above.. sorry..

And honestly, I got a chance to actually take a look at the ember yesterday and honestly, it didn't seem that bad. Quite frankly, the upper half looks like a bathing suit.

I have actually not come across a Trinity in the game (a couple mags and a few Embers though) and would like to ask, what about the following is not sufficiently.. sized?

EDIT: http://images1.wikia...es/e/e5/Mag.jpg

The boobehs are less than or equal to the size of her head. This is clearly unsatisfactory for OP.

Ember is a mass of twisted melted and congealed metal. There isn't a bathing suit I've ever seen that looks like that.

She/He's closer to being an awkward humanized mutated Torchic evolution. Which isn't a bad thing since I do like Torchic but... yeah... still doesn't make him/her look any more female.

The boobehs are less than or equal to the size of her head. This is clearly unsatisfactory for OP.

Mag is the only one I could kind of tell was supposed to be female and even then if you actaully read the board before posting you'd see that other people, myself aside, still had trouble telling she was female. Suffice to say not being recognized as female is not an isolated incident for any of the female frames.