Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Warframe Improvements...

Haruwa

Am I the only one who thinks Ember is the best looking female without being over the top, anatomy wise? She's got a really nice &#! that isn't huge, and her $* are still in the A range, WHICH IS WEIRD BECAUSE THE OTHER WARFRAMES HAVE SMALLER $*. I don't understand why anyone would be upset about Embers certainly not-over-the-top body, clearly when females actually have trouble identifying with the female warframes in general.

Side note: Trinity's dress is too big for a ninja, really. And her armor makes it look like she's an old woman with saggy $*.

Mag looks like the most boring girl clad in PVC I've ever seen.

I really recommend a slider from the A-C range, though. It really is hard to tell that they're female, since boobs are the easiest way for girls to identify with in-game avatars, and in this game they're nigh-non existent.

I wouldn't object to a female starter frame, but for all we know, in the storyline of the game there may very well only be one of each warframe. It wouldn't even be the first game to do it. Vindictus, for example, has classes that are gender specific because each class is supposed to represent a singular unique individual in relation to the game's plot. But since this game has little plot, that's all speculation for now.

If that was the case you shouldn´t be able to play missions with 4x the same frame.

You've got to be kidding me. Those are warriors, they don't need to be curvy.

And just to respond to these posts that have appeared in this thread multiple times now.

Even if thats true there would still be a disconnect between most male and female warframes. If we take athletes as a base point, depending on how thick their armor is most male warframes seem buffer than your average athlete(possibly asside from volt), while most female frames seem way skinnier(possibly asside from ember).

And while it´s true that breasts would eventually drag you down as an athlete, I don´t think the Tenno would have enough people to be picky about such things.

That doesn´t mean I want jiggly physics and huge badonkadonks. All I want is either one build/body type that applies to both genders. Or variety between warframes, with enough warframes being male and female to be able to display that variety.(through some form of gender toggle or just more warframes)

i appreciate that the game isn't trying to overly sexualize the female frames, however i can certainly understand where some people are coming from. Right now i have the trinity and mag equipped. The trinity really does look feminine with her skirt like feature, scrawny build, and breasts; but doesn't look attractive. She looks old. And i personally don't mind that; but i certainly can understand women not wanting to play as an ugly woman. But yeah, i think there are distinctions to make. You don't need to have them show off their assets. But it also shouldn't look like they have bad assets.

Edited by aTaVaX

Not necessarily. It could merely be a case of gameplay and story segregation. Once again, vindictus also allowed multiples of the same class.

Still though. Looked into the game, and didnt finish this sentence. sorry.

edit: it has fewer models/classes and it seems like it has a larget emphasis on personal animations. Warframe has a lot of shared animations that wouldn't interfere with having multiple genders per frame/class, where as in vindictus It would take much more work.

Also, in vindictus you're playing as a character/person, warframes aren't identified as characters, they're identified as suits.

"Warframe exo-armor uses unique combative technology to create the ultimate weaponry. The Warframes hold many mysterious powers and mastering one requires dedicated use." - this site

I suppose they could be one of a kind suits, but that would make crafting them yourself weird.

the ember is clearly pandering. look at the parachute pants and the "mohawk" horn. i hope they move away from that direction. follow excaliber's cue. sleek, simple, organic.

I don't see how embers current design is pandering asside from possibly her more obvious physique. the mowhawk and her entire redesign has gotten quite some whine from people against it.

You do bring up something interesting though, the male models have far sleeker designs sofar. With ember and trinity having much more additions and mag having a sleek/thin design that seems more obviously intentional. I guess the devs may intentionally be shying away from designs that might fit better with the male models but that would open them up to criticism from people claiming sexism or over-sexualisation..

Edited by NexiKuro

Too mcuh anime can indeed influence the idea that all women should have major boobage and bubble butt...

I might be one of the rare one's that doesn't consider those factors a major component in making a character looking more feminine, it's the birthing hips that make a difference!

After posting this there's a good chance that by some cosmic way I'll get punched by a woman.

why in the world is this thread even started-.- this is just stupid why does it matter what gender the warframe is this is a game that ment to be unique and attract attention with good gamepaly unlike all the rubbish mmo that attract perverts with stupid oversize chest and revealing outfits, i realy enjoy this game and i can tel diffrence between female and male easily dont get what has to be changed, if anything i wish there was more freedom in editing colour, i have not brought the colour extension but o my word why is there no black, when you think ninja you would think they be in black and hiding in shadow, why would you not include a basic colour like black in starting palet

*sigh*

You know there is other ways to tell we are girls than our hips and chests, yeah?

Well, there's softer facial features (often, not always), lack of facial hair (normally), the way they walk/move (often) and the lack of Adam's apple (dead giveaway, especially in Thailand). But these are all covered by some headgear or neck covering in Warframe (or share bone animation).

For better or worse, Seras, the most obvious sexual characteristic for differentiating women from men *are* in the chest and hip areas. Especially when covered in some form-fitting exo-suit. Also, allegedly, "Hips don't lie". :)

I think the Warframes look fine for what they are. And NO, there should not be asset sliders. The warframes are space ninjas, not superheros or supermodels. As far as the look fo each Warframe, it should accent and reaffirm the abilities they have as well as what they are meant for.

I will mention I still don't understand Trinity's lobster butt.

*sigh*

You know there is other ways to tell we are girls than our hips and chests, yeah?

I'm not debating that. But if players are legitimately unhappy with their avatars, that's a perfectly decent concern and one I'd hope gets fixed. I'm certainly not suggesting anything get massively changed. Honestly, I'm thinking very minute changes. I brought this up with my best friend who is a female gamer and she agreed with the OP. No one here is asking for a large change (so far as I know). But tweaking dimensions slightly and perhaps adjusting the animation a bit could work?

I'm just saying you don't need to give someone DDs and 30inch hips to tell they are a girl.

Height and body size are well enough of an indicator.

I'm only 5'3''; 100ish pounds. Even when I wear a baggy hoodie and jeans, I think it is quite obvious of my gender.

Even those points aside. All the female frames, are clearly female. Everyone can tell.

I tried to stay clear of this thread... :)

Q: Why are there not more options with female proportions?

A: Same reason there aren't tons of locations. 100 weapons, etc. Team size + Time = here we are.

Q: Why should I pay/grind to be female?

A: Mag... and the distribution was purely coincidence. :( We chose starting warframes based on their abilities.

Q: Why can't I choose male/female?

A: Same as first answer, but it is definitely something we are working on, along with more customization!

Q: I prefer [smaller/larger/keep them] body part sizes, please won't you change/keep [XYZ]?

A: More customization options, done tastefully, will hopefully bring a smile to all of your faces. Self expression is important to us... Hang in there!

I'm just saying you don't need to give someone DDs and 30inch hips to tell they are a girl.

Height and body size are well enough of an indicator.

I'm only 5'3''; 100ish pounds. Even when I wear a baggy hoodie and jeans, I think it is quite obvious of my gender.

Even those points aside. All the female frames, are clearly female. Everyone can tell.

afaik noone has asked for that.

people wanted a female starter warframe, and secondly somewhat more obviously female warframes. More obviously female doesn't have to be DDs and 30inch hips afaik.

I will say that currently there is little diversity in terms of body type, minus some exeptions, which is sad. So i'll plead for a gender toggle again. Because variety between warframes exists, It's just awkwardly divided among genders.

EDIT:

I tried to stay clear of this thread... :)

Q: Why are there not more options with female proportions?

A: Same reason there aren't tons of locations. 100 weapons, etc. Team size + Time = here we are.

Q: Why should I pay/grind to be female?

A: Mag... and the distribution was purely coincidence. :( We chose starting warframes based on their abilities.

Q: Why can't I choose male/female?

A: Same as first answer, but it is definitely something we are working on, along with more customization!

Q: I prefer [smaller/larger/keep them] body part sizes, please won't you change/keep [XYZ]?

A: More customization options, done tastefully, will hopefully bring a smile to all of your faces. Self expression is important to us... Hang in there!

YESS! You awesomely awesome people.

BTW, if its not too much, can you tell us the tale of the female looking exca in the trailer? I'm very curious about that.

Edited by NexiKuro

afaik noone has asked for that.

people wanted a female starter warframe, and secondly somewhat more obviously female warframes. More obviously female doesn't have to be DDs and 30inch hips afaik.

I will say that currently there is little diversity in terms of body type, minus some exeptions, which is sad. So i'll plead for a gender toggle again. Because variety between warframes exists, It's just awkwardly divided among genders.

It's definitely the direction the thread is heading.

A: More customization options, done tastefully, will hopefully bring a smile to all of your faces. Self exp<b></b>ression is important to us... Hang in there!

Just please, don't over-do it.

Edited by Seras