The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe And Unreal Engine 4

(PSN)CaulusOuranos

Looks superb but gameplay wise it feels really clunkly and a tad irresponsive. I'm really used to it by now and i love the game, but if i picked up a game i was hyped for and controls felt that way it would be a complete turn down.

Its perfictly fine on PC. I would say its probubly to do with wireless controlers... if DE did some tweeking for them, then it would probubly be fine.

Edited by TheJagji

There own engine has amazing graphics. And tbh UE is hard to optimize.

UE is like a blizzard game it runs good on the widest range of systems but runs great on nothing. From a development standpoint it is pretty difcult to optimize even if you fallow Epics guidelines on development to enhance optimization.

UE is like a blizzard game it runs good on the widest range of systems but runs great on nothing. From a development standpoint it is pretty difcult to optimize even if you fallow Epics guidelines on development to enhance optimization.

Unfortunately Warframe's network requirements for U16 more than doubled and DSL players can't host, can barely group at all any more due to upload. DE has been limiting the network hardware more and more over time. The router improvements are significant, but now you need a few hundred kb/sec upload to group. My APU based laptop plays Warframe, with lag. After paying for a new router, upgrading internet, and then, the very next day, no longer being able to group despite improved DSL signal is a kick in the teeth. It would be great if they made warframe play on more networks. I suspect U16 introduced some serious bugs in network data. Hopefully they can approach the "more computers" suggestion.

As for engines, Evolution Engine is based on UE3 from what I could see in the corporate history. UE3 was ported to more devices (including phones) after DE split ways with Epic. UE4 runs on phones, and a "basic" level consumes under 1MB of memory. That is crazy good performance! I expect there is other resources in use, (Win8 LIES LIES LIES about memory usage) but my main exe file I built requires 0.6MB of memory while I'm running around a level (without textures). UE4 has some impressive tools for portability.