Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Vs Hek

Killist

Question

After supercharging and maxing out Hek, I recently started leveling Strun.

Even with larger starting clip and faster reload, it seems Hek is a superior shotgun. I could see how Boar could be more useful than Hek in some situations but does Strun ever outperform Hek?

16 answers to this question

Hek makes immense damage at close range as well I'd like to say that it would take down an ancient twice as fast as a strun. (Might be beacuse I use maxed out fire rate on my Hek.)

Edited by BrianRyan

Strun has a wider spread which can be useful against infested (when modded to the point where one shot is gratuitous).  The performance difference between the two is actually fairly small at close to mid ranges, it is only in the long range (of a shotgun) that the hek really starts to dominate because the damage falloff is less severe for it.

Edited by Kyrkitao

Strun has a wider spread which can be useful against infested (when modded to the point where one shot is gratuitous).  The performance difference between the two is actually fairly small at close to mid ranges, it is only in the long range (of a shotgun) that the hek really starts to dominate because the damage falloff is less severe for it.

long range? with fall-off.. nah but hek can still shoot better at higher ranges (up to 20-25m)

Your options are pretty limited with shotguns. Hek should always be overclocked. Multishot at 100% is a must (14 cost), Point Blank and Flechette maxed are also a must (another 9 each), then chilling grasp (4 minimum) for crowd control and 2x on shields. That leaves you with 24 mod slots.To get 6 shots, Ammo stock should be at a MAX cost of 5 (40%), because Hek maxes out at 6 shots. A max reload speed mod costs 7. With the 12 left over, you can opt for Incendiary Coat max rank (11) or Charged Shell (11) and rank Chilling Grasp once more.

Or, you could do full damage and have both charged shell and incind coat on, but remember: elec does 0 damage to ancients.

Strun has slightly less limited options because of its bar polarity, hence the preference.

Your options are pretty limited with shotguns. Hek should always be overclocked. Multishot at 100% is a must (14 cost), Point Blank and Flechette maxed are also a must (another 9 each), then chilling grasp (4 minimum) for crowd control and 2x on shields. That leaves you with 24 mod slots.To get 6 shots, Ammo stock should be at a MAX cost of 5 (40%), because Hek maxes out at 6 shots. A max reload speed mod costs 7. With the 12 left over, you can opt for Incendiary Coat max rank (11) or Charged Shell (11) and rank Chilling Grasp once more.

Or, you could do full damage and have both charged shell and incind coat on, but remember: elec does 0 damage to ancients.

Strun has slightly less limited options because of its bar polarity, hence the preference.

Very helpful.

Multishot at 120% is a must.....20% chance for one more point for a 3rd shell is just WAY too good to pass up.

Multishot isn't chance. There's a hidden ticker that counts up percentage. At every 100%, it'll shoot an extra bullet.

So that 120% multishot is a third shot every 5th, without fail. I'd rather just get another 15% on an element.

Multishot isn't chance. There's a hidden ticker that counts up percentage. At every 100%, it'll shoot an extra bullet.

So that 120% multishot is a third shot every 5th, without fail. I'd rather just get another 15% on an element.

I thought it worked differently for shotguns?

Looks like it is indeed a chance.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/41242-multishot-is-rng-proof/

I thought it worked differently for shotguns?

For shotguns, it multiples the number of pellets shot.