[DE]Megan

Pc Tactical Alert: Ogma Elite

I get that, but this carrot, in particular, doesn't show off how awesome this game mode can really be. All we're doing is sitting on intercept points and firing at occasional targets, instead of the pure joy we have when zipping in and out of a cluster of enemies.

On the 2nd wave onward on Uranus, seeing my teammates fight while taking a point back looks like buzzards or fireflies punctuated by explosions and color. The combat at distance in the alert looks... just.. sad, by comparison.

If this was meant to stoke excitement for one of my favorite game modes, this definitely missed the mark. I'd be first in line to encourage people to Archwing it up any other time. I was practically squealing at my buddies when I saw the alert first go up.

Yet we already have people in this thread complaining that it is too hard. Can't please everyone.

nice.. just started doing this alert and because of host mitigation the whole group got dc... a friend did get the kills from that round I didn't.. really?

Yet we already have people in this thread complaining that it is too hard. Can't please everyone.

I think you misinterpret my inference advocating the increase in difficulty. The difficulty increase makes it more fun because people will actually use their Archwings the mobility that they're built for, instead of just doing the shooting gallery thing to enemies that die in barely a couple shots. Uranus Archwing allows us to pick and choose a strategy individually, as well as a team; you can shoot at range, or you can tangle it up close range. The mix of strategies as well as the forced mobility makes it a true joy to play, and that is what I feel breathes the life into Archwing. 

The current tactical alert relegates us to the camping/shooting-gallery thing that doesn't bring out the best this mode has to offer. 

edit; I just realized I misread your comment; I thought you were saying I said it was too easy. My apologies. 

Edited by Dexxtaa
  • Upvote 1

This alert is true nightmare 

:you have to repeat it many times

:rewards are common

:not even event badge[stratos emblem]

:it is easy

:it is slow

I considered to pass this one  [but well got 50k reward already]

well i will do 200 to see if it is forma bp or forma 

[it sais forma tho]

Waitwhat, not even an upgrade to the stratos badge? Jeeeeez.

Why is it even classified as a Tactical Alert then?

Edited by Cynaris
  • Upvote 4

Awesome, I love Archwing.

Sadly, I've seen people charging into a horde of enemies with low level gear not being wary of their surroundings, getting killed  and using up all their revives - then complain that Archwing is too hard or buggy.

Seriously guys?

AoN5fWT.gif

• Upvote 6

Waitwhat, not even an upgrade to the stratos badge? Jeeeeez.

Why is it even classified as a Tactical Alert then?

Finished through 300, no Stratos award listed.

Edited by Xcedis

Midori, based on his commentary and general whining, probably hasn't even finished the alert to provide any useful insight to you whether this has a Stratos upgrade or not.

Well normally when the announcement is being made, the badge itself is also listed as a reward (the last interception for example), so I'd be thinking the same to be honest.

I like archwing, but archwing interception specifically, is still massively crash/freeze prone, for whoever is host.  The other mission types seem to work fine. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Yay Archwing! :D

I enjoy it, once you get some mods, it';s some good fun 

Also you need to git gud

I can't wait to see more Arcwhwing updates in the future! :D

• Upvote 2

I love it, moar plix!

Seriously, MOAR!

This is simple. Capture two flags and neutralize one like Draco experience farm so you get more enemies in a single mission. Each Elite Ogma awards 3 points.

Can we have an Escalation for this? Stronger than Uranus Archwing enemies, please. That awards some Archwing weapon, would be cool.

Edited by Dimbreath

Why is Vay Hek still influencing Grineer events? He was exiled by the Twin Queens! Why is he still in control of Grineer forces (or at least Ogma Elites)?

Edited by APBladeX

I was wondering when the Ogma Elites were going to be coming back.

Good to hear us Archwingers are not completely forgotten.

Oh god... It hurts me to see how many people are b*tching about this being archwing. You'd love to get everything effortless, wouldn't you?

• Upvote 5

I never thought I'd see the day that people would say a Catalyst is not a good enough reward.  I hit 100 kill sin 3 missions and I wasn't even pulling any tricks to try to make it last longer.  Based on that it'll take about 9 missions to get 300 kills.  That's not that many.  I remember the days when people flipped out so much for Catalysts that when Invasions came up rewarding them they would tear through them so fast that if you weren't there when it started you wouldn't get the 5 missions needed to earn the reward.  When did people get complacent about Catalysts?  Never mind the 50,000 credits, Forma and approximately 45 Rare 5 Cores you'll get too.  That's right folks, guaranteed R5 Cores all weekend.

• Upvote 6

I never thought I'd see the day that people would say a Catalyst is not a good enough reward.  I hit 100 kill sin 3 missions and I wasn't even pulling any tricks to try to make it last longer.  Based on that it'll take about 9 missions to get 300 kills.  That's not that many.  I remember the days when people flipped out so much for Catalysts that when Invasions came up rewarding them they would tear through them so fast that if you weren't there when it started you wouldn't get the 5 missions needed to earn the reward.  When did people get complacent about Catalysts?  Never mind the 50,000 credits, Forma and approximately 45 Rare 5 Cores you'll get too.  That's right folks, guaranteed R5 Cores all weekend.

It can be done even faster. I'd say it can be done in 6 missions.

Archwing? No thanks. I do have to say thanks to DE for not including an (timed)exclusive in this so I don't have to force myself to play it.

DE already gives out catalysts like crazy. 50k credits isn't much. And Forma is easy to get. The R5 cores are the only enticing part of this. If this wasn't archwing I'd be all over it. But I don't like archwing missions and as a result all my archwing gear is underleveled and my archwing mod pool is pathetic.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito