Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dex Dakra Hype Megathread!

Tymerc

If that picture is anything to go by, then I would say it is, for once, two actual longswords, rather than a longsword and dagger/shortsword.

Dual Skana looks like two regular size swords as well, but in game they aren't. With this, it could be the same.

(pic taken from wiki)

DEDualSkana.png

The Dakra is one my favorite melee weapons, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a twin set. Although it raises two questions:

1) We have the Dakra Prime and the Dex Dakra, but will there ever be a vanilla Dakra blade?

2) How strong are these going to be? The Dakra Prime is already a pretty powerful weapon, it would be a bit over the top if they handed out a twin pair of them to everyone who logs in, regardless of how long they've played. On the other hand, I don't want them to end up being a reskinned Dual Skana. Here's hoping DE settles on the reasonable power level that isn't too good nor too bad.

I think is one dakra not 2

As much as I'd love a new longsword rather than adding one more weapon to the already-extensive list of viable dualsword weapons, the picture would only be showing one sword if it wasn't a dual weapon.

The Dakra isn't even a very good weapon without the use of Crimson Dervish. These won't have the opportunity to receive the damage bonus from that stance so they'll probably fall very short of the original. (Unless of course they release a dual sword stance in a TA along side the anniversary. I'd be totally down for that)

(Unless of course they release a dual sword stance in a TA along side the anniversary. I'd be totally down for that)

Most likely all weapon types will get their turn at a new stance.

(I would love a fancy new Machete stance to make my Machete Wraith even better.)

Edited by Tymerc

Another one merged.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but how can you get dex dakra?

As stated by Rebecca during Tennolive 2015, you will get it for free, with an inventory slot and catalyst, if you log in during a certain week in March (no exact date yet).

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but how can you get dex dakra?

I know you can get it for free, but I don't find how.

Can someone explain it?

Thanks

Tech

You wait until the anniversary, where you'll get it if you log in during the week.

Also, I don't think this post should have been merged >_>