Mods need Nerfing. Not the Weapons.

Sikab

As title says.

After this patch it's pretty clear Devs balance the Weapons as if every1 has the best available Mods in their disposal.

This is wrong...

No matter how the Devs keep nerfing Gorgon+HEK the core problem won't be solved.

What's the problem you might wonder... Let me copy+paste a quote here.:

Haven't noticed any difference either. ~+50% mod dmg and ~160% multishot on a maxed out gun do the job. Gorgon, if properly modded (and used), remains the most deadly weapon in the game clearing whole corridors of 30-50 lvl enemies in seconds, from a decent distance.

Spray and pray, brother, spray and pray! \o/

Mods needs to be looked at. Multishot/Dmg increase/Armor piercing needs to be looked at and heavily changed.

All these weapon nerfs increase the Gap between those who've been lucky with these broken Mods, and those whos just trying to get Mods, or **** unlucky (like myself).

Ppl keep saying Gorgon+HEK is OP NERF IT.

I'm still strugling on Pluto since for some odd reason I've yet to find any of these broken Mods.

All i hear from every elitist "Use the right Mods and the game is easy" <---- Clearly proves that the problem in balance is caused by Mods.

Whenever some1 is having a hard time in a map... "Use the correct Mods"....

And by correct Mods they don't mean Mods which tunes your Gun into your playstyle. They mean the FoTM ones which breaks the game and literally oneshots anything.

If you haven't found multiple 25% damage mods for different you haven't been playing much or haven't leveled your weapons up enough. Multishot mods for shotguns drop pretty often too in my experience.

Btw, I'm just using clip capacity mods and the a couple damage mods on my gorgon and getting by just fine on pluto.

Edited by Aggh

If you haven't found multiple 25% damage mods for different you haven't been playing much or haven't leveled your weapons up enough. Multishot mods for shotguns drop pretty often too in my experience.

Btw, I'm just using clip capacity mods and the a couple damage mods on my gorgon and getting by just fine.

that still doesn't change the fact, that the problem comes from Mods.

This topic is not about me finding stuff or not.

the mod's are fine... you are just at a point were you want harder content that you dont have so you feel you need a nerf.

No. I'm actually quite the opposite.

Mods are fine? Just as Shields were before with the +xx% right? I know you love the godly mods... but that has to stop.

i really don't feel the mods need nerfing at all the odds of finding a really good mod is low so when someone does find a good one it makes all the time finding the bad mods pay off so leave the mods alone nerfs on guns happen in games like this that's all there is to it

Indeed, nerf on guns do happen in games. But tell me another game which can break the balance with modifications like this?

Guns and mods arent over the top IMO. Though few things will compare to the Bee Shield + Conference Call devestation that was on Borderlands 2 before they finally nerfed the amp on the Bee and the way amp shields worked with shotguns lol.

I think the real issue though is someone mentioned that mods are stacking in an odd way where instead of getting a 100% boost from equipping to +50% mods you're getting something like 125% because the game has the mod multiply the end result of calculating the first one rather than add all the similar percentages together then do the multiplication calculations.

He is also saying that they are supposed to be that way.

Can't recall that the Devs said anywhere that the players should ever be literally in God-Mode.

The Shield nerf proves it's not supposed to be.

Guns and mods arent over the top IMO. Though few things will compare to the Bee Shield + Conference Call devestation that was on Borderlands 2 before they finally nerfed the amp on the Bee and the way amp shields worked with shotguns lol.

I think the real issue though is someone mentioned that mods are stacking in an odd way where instead of getting a 100% boost from equipping to +50% mods you're getting something like 125% because the game has the mod multiply the end result of calculating the first one rather than add all the similar percentages together then do the multiplication calculations.

You i totally forgat to add this to the OP

Edited by Sikab

the mod's are fine... you are just at a point were you want harder content that you dont have so you feel you need a nerf.

Mods are indeedd not fine. Me and my friend are running around each with 150% multishot on our shotguns... Yeah lets just say we 1 hit everything and take down bosses... well... insanely fast.

The HEK and Gorgon nerfs were uncalled for as the mods were the stuff making them crazy.

Edited by Enfo

I'm sure a lot of things in warframe will go through balance changes and mods may be included.

Have you guys not thought about the real issue?

Think about it for second...

The content can be played at two very different levels of power-those whith "pro" weapons/frames and those without.

The conent is likely balanced at the lowest common denominator, those without supercharged weapons/frames.

Which will obviously not be much of a challenge for those with supercharge.

With more diffiult content the mods wont seem as impressive at all.

I'm sure a lot of things in warframe will go through balance changes and mods may be included.

Have you guys not thought about the real issue?

Think about it for second...

The content can be played at two very different levels of power-those whith "pro" weapons/frames and those without.

The conent is likely balanced at the lowest common denominator, those without supercharged weapons/frames.

Which will obviously not be much of a challenge for those with supercharge.

With more diffiult content the mods wont seem as impressive at all.

The content is difficult enough. The Mods make it too easy.

Sure a new content with 500% more HPd mobs which deal 200% more dmg then the ones on Pluto might solve things... But what would that drop? Even more broken Mods just to give a sense of achievement to the players?

I don't like to be that guy... But i don't want another WoW mistake where the scaling got so ridiculous in such a small amount of time that now ppl throw around 400k Crits.

The content is difficult enough. The Mods make it too easy.

You seem to have missed my argument completely.

The content is difficult enough for who?

People with how many mod slots?

Sure a new content with 500% more HPd mobs which deal 200% more dmg then the ones on Pluto might solve things... But what would that drop? Even more broken Mods just to give a sense of achievement to the players?

At the highest level of a game you are supposed to get the best loot right? right.

But what is the highest level of reward based on?

The power potential of having 3 mods on your frame or 6?

You seem to have missed my argument completely.

The content is difficult enough for who?

People with how many mod slots?

At the highest level of a game you are supposed to get the best loot right? right.

But what is the highest level of reward based on?

The power potential of having 3 mods on your frame or 6?

The content os difficult enough for those who don't abuse the obviously broken Mods.

Yes at the highest lvl you supposed to get the best loot. But there is a difference between best and broken.

"But what is the highest level of reward based on?

The power potential of having 3 mods on your frame or 6?"

Thats the hardest thing to decide.

I for one vote for the balance around for the Super Charged weapons. Since eventually every1 can get it if they invest gametime or money in the game.

Currently there's no variety in Modding your gear.

Frame? Go full Armor

Weapon? Multishot/DMG

Out of how many different type of mods?

------------------------

WEAPON MODS :

Ammo maximum : Enables you to carry more ammo for the corresponding weapon.

Armour piercing damage : Makes you deal additional armour piercing damage that is particularly efficient vs heavy armored targets (like Grineer lancers).

Charge damage : Increases the damage of your charged melee strikes.

Clip capacity : Makes you clips carry more bullets.

Critical chance : Adds chances that you will hit a critical strike (stronger attack displayed in yellow)

Critical damage : Makes your critical strikes deal even more damage (the base multiplier being 1.5).

Damage : Makes you deal additional damage.

Electricity damage : Makes you deal additional electricity damage that is particularly efficient vs robotics and stuns most non-shielded targets.

Fire damage : Makes you deal additional fire damage that is particularly efficient vs light armored targets (like Infestation) and sometimes make enemies panic.

Fire rate : Increases your fire rate (or attack speed on melee weapons).

Freeze damage : Makes you deal additional freeze damage is particularly efficient vs shields and slows enemies.

Heavy Charge speed : Increases the charge speed of your charged melee strikes.

Multishot : Makes you occasionnally shoot multiple bullets, or increases the amount of pellets shot with shotguns. Decimal values represent the percentage of shots that will feature an extra bullet.

Puncture : Makes you bullets go through walls, objects or enemies. The value represents the distance (in meters) the bullet(s) can go through.

Reload speed : Makes you reload your weapon faster.

Stun chance : Gives your attacks a chance to stun your target.

WARFRAME MODS :

Armor : Deacreases the damage you sustain when your shields are down.

Enemy radar : Enemies are shown on your radar. The value represents the distance (in meters) at which your radar is effective.

Health : Increases your maximum health.

Loot radar : Loot is shown on your radar. The value represents the distance (in meters) at which your radar is effective.

Melee damage : Increases the damage dealt by your melee strikes.

Power duration : Increases the duration of your powers.

Power efficiency : Decreases the energy costs of your powers.

Power max : Increases your maximum energy.

Power range : Increases the range of your powers.

Power strentgh : Increases the damage of your powers.

Shield capacity : Increases your maximum shield capacity.

Shield recharge : Increases the rate at which you shield recharges.

Sprint speed : Increases your speed while sprinting.

--------------------------

Edited by Sikab

The content os difficult enough for those who don't abuse the obviously broken Mods.

Yes at the highest lvl you supposed to get the best loot. But there is a difference between best and broken.

We define what is broken based on how it balances out against what you fight....

"But what is the highest level of reward based on?

The power potential of having 3 mods on your frame or 6?"

Thats the hardest thing to decide.

I for one vote for the balance around for the Super Charged weapons. Since eventually every1 can get it if they invest gametime or money in the game.

And yet, if the game is currently based around people having 3 +50 damage mods on there weapon but people half the people have 6 +50 damage mods....

the game will not feel balanced to those with 6.

Conversely, if the game is balanced around people having 6 +50 damage mods then the folks who only have 3 +50 damage mods will find the game too hard.

Either way one side feels screwed over.

How do you balance the same content difficulty for two different levels of power?

We define what is broken based on how it balances out against what you fight....

And yet, if the game is currently based around people having 3 +50 damage mods on there weapon but people half the people have 6 +50 damage mods....

the game will not feel balanced to those with 6.

Conversely, if the game is balanced around people having 6 +50 damage mods then the folks who only have 3 +50 damage mods will find the game too hard.

Either way one side feels screwed over.

How do you balance the same content difficulty for two different levels of power?

If the game is balanced for every player having 6x +50dmg mod, it puts a gap between content, and slowign down rushing (which is a good thing for Devs). Also a so called "gear check".

Balancing for the weaker making the strong even stronger is bad.

Balance for the Strong so he will become normal, and the weak even weaker. So they have to close the gap and pass that gear check (like every PvE game does).

Currently there is no gear check with this RNG on drops. Farm any area on any Planet (since Mods drop Mods based on your Frame/Weapon rank, not on Planet difficulty) till you get the broken Mods, and faceroll the rest fo the game.

Now that i'm at it... Mercury shouldn't drop lvl30 frame/weapon mods... But this is an issue for another topic.

If the game is balanced for every player having 6x +50dmg mod, it puts a gap between content, and slowign down rushing (which is a good thing for Devs). Also a so called "gear check".

Balancing for the weaker making the strong even stronger is bad.

Balance for the Strong so he will become normal, and the weak even weaker. So they have to close the gap and pass that gear check (like every PvE game does).

OK.

So then you want the game to expect the players to supercharge their weapons to be able to do end game content.

Whether thats a good or bad idea is for another topic.

My point was that a level has to be balanced for one or the other.

And again, whiel I am certain balance changes will be made, I can't call any mod broken without a basis of what it should be.

the should be is decided by the enemies you face.

Mods randomly drop.

Weapons don't.

Thus the game is balanced so that most of your power will come from random drops to increase longevity.

And I have a Gorgon with 2 multishot mods on it. Sure I kill things really fast but I also die often enough even in underleveled areas. And I'm not exactly Terrible At Shooter Games (I beat all the CoDs on Veteran, I beat all the Quakes, all the Dooms on Hard...). And also, all weapons can mount all mods. The Gorgon/Hek 'problem' wasn't that they were killing things too fast, it was that they were too out of line with other weapons. Now they're still superior, but somewhat more marginally. There's now an actual reason to use the Strun instead of the Hek, for example.

Mods needs to be looked at.

Multishot/Dmg increase/Armor piercing needs to be looked at and heavily changed.

I'm still strugling on Pluto since for some odd reason I've yet to find any of these broken Mods.

My Pluto mods on my primary:

riflemod1.png

riflemod2.png

riflemod3.png

riflemod4.png

riflemod5.png

My Pluto mods on my secondary:

pistolmod1.png

pistolmod2.png

pistolmod3.png

pistolmod4.png

Clearly, Gorgon and ... AKLatos. Maximized power gaming, because how would I otherwise be able to play Pluto, right?

My Pluto gear:

rhinopluto.png

Maybe, just maybe, it is you. Neither of those mods are necessary to go to Pluto and kill stuff. They may be making it face rollingly easy, but you are making it out to be an issue how you need such mods to go to Pluto. And that's plain wrong. You don't need 250% Multishot, +100% damage and +75% armor-piercing. You don't even need a Gorgon or a HEK.

Why not just have different difficulty options, with proportional rewards?

Non-pro users don't need that many mods so they can keep grinding lower difficulties, while pro users won't get the nice rewards they want out of the easy difficulties.