Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods need Nerfing. Not the Weapons.

Sikab

I faceroll pluto with a latron 50% multi shot +200% crit damage +21% crit chance. Since the HEK is supposed to be a rank 5 gun idk why they need to nerf it. With the recent patch you weren't supposed to have it till then and I see no reason why it was nerfed in the first place. I'm only rank 2 got it from the blueprint.

All mods need to be applied additevely and the game balanced around that. Multishot is horrendously broken because it stacks multiplacatively, it's like exponentially increasing your ammo and damage. When the range of power a weapon or frame can have is smaller the game will be much easier to balance.

Edited by Sealgaire

I agree with the OP. There are some mods that are straight overpowered compared to others. This forces people to use certain setup for weapons to get optimum performance. I assume the mod system was introduced to allow player to taylor their weapons to their playstyle. Lets stick with that idea.

I dont know why multishot gives 60% chance of another bullet compared to +20% damage on equal level blue mod. Multishot 60% basicly gives you 60% more dps, so whats up with that?

Mod powers should adjusted to the point it is actually hard to decide whether one of them is better than the other and we have flaming duscussions on forums with people argueing which one is better. Then you know you have more or less achieved balance. If i have to decide between +100 shields or +7% sprint speed then there is no decision here.

All mods need to be applied additevely and the game balanced around that. Multishot is horrendously broken because it stacks multiplacatively, it's like exponentially increasing your ammo and damage.

true!

When the range of power a weapon or frame can have is smaller the game will be much easier to balance.

Also true.

Though the need for real difference between supercharged and non supercharged weapons will still remain.

And from that difference a balance issue between the two will continue.

Mod powers should adjusted to the point it is actually hard to decide whether one of them is better than the other and we have flaming duscussions on forums with people argueing which one is better. Then you know you have more or less achieved balance. If i have to decide between +100 shields or +7% sprint speed then there is no decision here.

Good point

Edited by Ronyn

Though the need for real difference between supercharged and non supercharged weapons will still remain.

As the supercharging weapons and frames can now be done with blueprints available in game, i do not see a problem in that. Consider it just a leveling mechanic different from just farming xp with the gun/frame.

But the difference won't be anywhere near as great. With multiplacative stacking, double the mod slots gives you much more than double the power potential. There's supposed to be a significant differance between supercharged and non supercharged anyway. If there wasn't, what would be the point? Though just to throw something out there, it might be more palatable to people if supercharging only unlocked the last third of the upgrade tree. The difference would still be great enough between the two to encourage the purchase or farming of reactors and catalysts without crippling you if you don't have them.

As the supercharging weapons and frames can now be done with blueprints available in game, i do not see a problem in that. Consider it just a leveling mechanic different from just farming xp with the gun/frame.

If thats how they want to go thats fine.

Im just saying it needs be one way or the other for real balance.

But the difference won't be anywhere near as great. With multiplacative stacking, double the mod slots gives you much more than double the power potential.

completely true.

There's supposed to be a significant differance between supercharged and non supercharged anyway. If there wasn't, what would be the point? Though just to throw something out there, it might be more palatable to people if supercharging only unlocked the last third of the upgrade tree. The difference would still be great enough between the two to encourage the purchase or farming of reactors and catalysts without crippling you if you don't have them.

This is the hard part.

Where is the line?

10 or 20 percent difference in power may be reletively easy to balance around.

But If its only a 10 or 20 percent increase to power would enough people really pay real money for it?

Now a literally 100 percent increase in power, straight up doubling your offense/defense will likely cause some folks to straight up pay money.

But that kind of power difference is hard to balance for.

Sure we can now get supercharge without paying money but Im sure the idea from DE is that some folks still will.

It needs to be inticing enough to make that happen.

I don know how to solve that one other than just picking a place to balance conent and expecting people tow ork around it.

This is why I like the idea of difficulty selection.

i dont know man..seems like a rough one.