The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Butchery Of Frames

It's funny, seems like people do not know of dragons outside of the European style dragons which are most commonly known.

It's a dragon, just not the kind you expected.

I am more interested in how the thing actually plays, that is what really matters.

Edited by (PS4)RedChili69

It's funny, seems like people do not know of dragons outside of the European style dragons which are most commonly known. Also, what exactly is a fictional character "supposed" to look like?

This is a stupid argument I've seen several times now. We have all seen eastern dragons too. Who hasn't seen Dragon Ball Z, eaten at a Chinese restaurant, or seen the giant dragon puppets used in eastern celebrations? The problem is that Chroma doesn't look like an eastern dragon either. He looks like an anteater. At best you could say he looks like a sea dragon, which is of course a real creature related to a sea horse and not a dragon. Even then it would just look like a gigantic sea dragon died on his back, not like he was a dragon, and that's stretching it. He more closely resembles an anteater wrapped in bacon as many have pointed out. And a fictional character is "supposed" to resemble the thing it was based on, obviously. Also most people would like it if their fictional characters weren't hideous, and were actually cool looking.

Edited by jmforeman02

To be honest, im not a fan of the looks of chroma or zephyr, then it hit me maybe every fan frame concept that DE decides to put into warframe will get to look like these two frames. That being said I don't not want typhus in this game anymore, before they make him look like a prawn from district 9. [Look it up]

PS this is strictly from the perspective from the looks of these frames. Zephyr is a lot of fun , and I'm sure chroma will be pretty strong / supportive.

Assuming they used Endrian's Dragon concept for Chroma, in which case, they didn't. 

I think DE needs to learn something obvious: if they are going to take the theme from a very popular fan concept and make their own completely different version, they should do it better than the original. If they can't do that, they should swallow their pride, make the popular version, thank the person who created the concept, and perhaps give them a plat reward. There is no virtue in throwing away great art or ideas and substituting worse.

In this case Chroma's external design is widely considered to be hideous and inferior to one of the most popular fan concepts ever.

Here is a poll on Chroma's appearance: http://strawpoll.me/3807541

Here is the link to the most popular Dragon concept: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-final-update-2092015/

Agreed even if I don't quite agree with the fan concept used.

"Telephone surveys are often considered bad anyway because it's mainly only old people who are home" same thing could be said about the chroma poll because majority of the people voting are people who are unhappy.Do you see big mega threads of appreciation?No you don't only of people outraged by how something isn't how they wanted it.

That could also be representative of how many people dislike Chroma's design. Statistics can apply to forum posts too you know.

This is a stupid argument I've seen several times now. We have all seen eastern dragons too. Who hasn't seen Dragon Ball Z, eaten at a Chinese restaurant, or seen the giant dragon puppets used in eastern celebrations? The problem is that Chroma doesn't look like an eastern dragon either. He looks like an anteater. At best you could say he looks like a sea dragon, which is of course a real creature related to a sea horse and not a dragon. Even then it would just look like a gigantic sea dragon died on his back, not like he was a dragon, and that's stretching it. He more closely resembles an anteater wrapped in bacon as many have pointed out. And a fictional character is "supposed" to resemble the thing it was based on, obviously. Also most people would like it if their fictional characters weren't hideous, and were actually cool looking.

In all honesty though every single time you state that to a choma supporter they just brush it off or ignore it completely. 

And they say the haters are stubborn.

This is an anteater wrapped in bacon:

ruXozXO.png

Why???  =(

Edit:  I shall anxiously await his alternate helm...  Perhaps he can be saved.

It looks more like a komodo dragon though but I giggled at the "anteater wrapped in bacon" part

Actually it looks like a samurai with Japanese dragon head.

Based on the samurai armor on arms, and legs. The inverted horns on head coming together as a lotus petal, and similar to a samurai helmet crest. The head is elongated, and has whiskers on the chin.(which is possibly a design built into the helmet to represent it comes down and hangs below the chin, but moves back as if its flying.)

japanese_dragon-710x399.jpg

See Chroma has horns, and whiskers with an elongated head.

With organic samurai armor

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Arlayn

Based on the samurai armor on arms, and legs. The inverted horns on head coming together as a lotus petal, and similar to a samurai helmet crest. The head is elongated, and has whiskers on the chin.(which is possibly a design built into the helmet to represent it comes down and hangs below the chin, but moves back as if its flying.)

hqdefault.jpg

Wow you are reaching.

hqdefault.jpg

IF the body was skinner, and designed completely differently, THEN I could see it looking like that dragon. But even then the helmet would very, very vaguely resemble that. But overall, it doesn't resemble that, or a Viking dragon, or any type of dragon. It still looks more like a "sea dragon" (which is not a dragon). Wyrm Prime is more of a japanese/chinese dragon than Chroma. And Chroma definitely doesn't look like a samurai (although that would've been really cool if they had made him samurai-like).

You don't have to see it as a dragon ~ or an Anteater ~ or a Seahorse ~ but he will be added to the game like this. And we will enjoy playing as Chroma (you included or excluded) with all the efforts to discredit Chroma being wasted for nothing. Isn't that great? all the BS claims of a better fan-made model will be gone forever and we can get back to whining about other - more serious - problems with the game.

You don't have to see it as a dragon ~ or an Anteater ~ or a Seahorse ~ but he will be added to the game like this. And we will enjoy playing as Chroma (you included or excluded) with all the efforts to discredit Chroma being wasted for nothing. Isn't that great? all the BS claims of a better fan-made model will be gone forever and we can get back to whining about other - more serious - problems with the game.

Lol, if you have such a low opinion of opinions or feedback, why are you here? That is the point of these forums. 

What's funny though is all your exemple actually looks like dragons, as their share some of the commonly physical characteristics of one.

Now tell me, what chroma does share with a dragon? I'm curious

My point is that all these different dragons look different. Sure, most of them share similar features with each other, but they still have major differences. Some have four legs, some have none. Some have wings, some do not. Some are cute, some are monstrous. Some are scaly, some are smooth. Some have horns, some have beards. Etc, etc.

So why does Chroma not look like a dragon, then? Which of his specific features make him not a dragon?

Maybe he looks like a specific dragon from Tenno or Orokin myth? Just because he does not look exactly like any existing dragon design does not mean he cannot possibly be a dragon. Being a dragon themed frame does not mean he has to be a specific existing dragon design. Chroma is like an impressionist painting of a dragon. He may not have the specific features that most dragons have, but he still gives the impression of being a dragon. It just takes a little bit of imagination to see it.

I am really glad that Chroma does not look like every other "Dragon Knight" out there. Wedge shaped horned helmet, spiky scaled armor, wings. That design has been done so many times, do we really want yet another rehash of the same? I definitely do not. I do not want Chroma to be a Final Fantasy Dragoon, or any of the other generic dragon warriors that have been posted in this thread. I want him to be a dragon style warframe, and that is what he is.

Besides, if he looked as generically dragon as this, then all the same people who have been complaining about the clown and pirate frames would hate him instead for not being original enough.

But hey, if you really want to see him as a cute little anteater then who am I to stop you from thinking of him that way? Meanwhile, I will be happy with the badass dragon DE gave us.

My point is that all these different dragons look different. Sure, most of them share similar features with each other, but they still have major differences. Some have four legs, some have none. Some have wings, some do not. Some are cute, some are monstrous. Some are scaly, some are smooth. Some have horns, some have beards. Etc, etc.

So why does Chroma not look like a dragon, then? Which of his specific features make him not a dragon?

Maybe he looks like a specific dragon from Tenno or Orokin myth? Just because he does not look exactly like any existing dragon design does not mean he cannot possibly be a dragon. Being a dragon themed frame does not mean he has to be a specific existing dragon design. Chroma is like an impressionist painting of a dragon. He may not have the specific features that most dragons have, but he still gives the impression of being a dragon. It just takes a little bit of imagination to see it.

I am really glad that Chroma does not look like every other "Dragon Knight" out there. Wedge shaped horned helmet, spiky scaled armor, wings. That design has been done so many times, do we really want yet another rehash of the same? I definitely do not. I do not want Chroma to be a Final Fantasy Dragoon, or any of the other generic dragon warriors that have been posted in this thread. I want him to be a dragon style warframe, and that is what he is.

Besides, if he looked as generically dragon as this, then all the same people who have been complaining about the clown and pirate frames would hate him instead for not being original enough.

But hey, if you really want to see him as a cute little anteater then who am I to stop you from thinking of him that way? Meanwhile, I will be happy with the badass dragon DE gave us.

Okay great, then dragon has no meaning. Ta-Da!!! They are ALL dragon frames. Problem solved.

Regarding the silence after the reveal - was anyone actually there at Tenno live who can comment on this? I too noticed the silence but I figured maybe it was due to poor comm's after the video being shown as it was so quiet. However, if I were there I would've been quiet after that too.

Admittedly in the first reveal I wasn't a fan. The frames design has grown on me though so I'm edging towards it looks decent. I like how there is a faceplate hnderthe 'snout'. Reminds me of Gundams/Zone of Enders. However, that doesn't change the fact that he is still chubby in design and the plastic and 'smeared' textures (primarily the arms) are poor. As someone else, they do remind me of BBQ ribs. It would just be nice to have a slim decent looking male frame for a change with nicely defined textures. Limbo was just... Weird.

Edited by Naith

hqdefault.jpg

I see nothing of a samurai in it's design. It does not have an armored appearance.