The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Butchery Of Frames

IF the body was skinner, and designed completely differently, THEN I could see it looking like that dragon. But even then the helmet would very, very vaguely resemble that. But overall, it doesn't resemble that, or a Viking dragon, or any type of dragon. It still looks more like a "sea dragon" (which is not a dragon). Wyrm Prime is more of a japanese/chinese dragon than Chroma. And Chroma definitely doesn't look like a samurai (although that would've been really cool if they had made him samurai-like).

Actually I did more research, and found out exactly what Chroma is...

A Dragonic Armored Anteater...

anteater_monster_by_ankylosaurornis-d7p4

I see nothing of a samurai in it's design. It does not have an armored appearance. 

it has the same samurai armored appearance as Ash.

Edited by Arlayn

Sigh...

This is a Dragon:

Black-Dragon.jpg

This is not a Dragon:

1413473297843_wps_111_dmvidpics_2014_10_

This is an anteater wrapped in bacon:

ruXozXO.png

Why???  =(

Edit:  I shall anxiously await his alternate helm...  Perhaps he can be saved.

inspired

adjective

: very good or clever

: having a particular cause or influence

Just because he was dragon inspired doesn't mean he will look like a dragon. Very very different meanings. Perhaps you wanted it to look like a dragon so you assumed that is what it would be. But as things stand, it is dragon inspired and modeled after the seadragon. Personally I like the design and look forward to playing it. Not everyone is required to like everything, but from what I know so far I think it will be my new main frame. 

Which means that it doesn't look like a samurai at all.

inspired

adjective

Just because he was dragon inspired doesn't mean he will look like a dragon. Very very different meanings. Perhaps you wanted it to look like a dragon so you assumed that is what it would be. But as things stand, it is dragon inspired and modeled after the seadragon. Personally I like the design and look forward to playing it. Not everyone is required to like everything, but from what I know so far I think it will be my new main frame. 

No, that's what people wanted - something that looked like a dragon. That was the whole point of the request.

No, that's what people wanted - something that looked like a dragon. That was the whole point of the request.

But the point is that when they said inspired it doesn't actually mean it will look like a dragon. Besides that, if they did make it look like a dragon they would have a huge task choosing what kind of dragon and there would always be someone who doesn't like the design. I think it is better this way.

inspired

adjective

That's ok man. I'm just putting my opinion out there like everyone here in the forums does. At this point they can make a doo doo themed frame and It wouldn't matter to me since my favorite warframes already exist. I'm glad there are "unique" frames catering to different people.

But the point is that when they said inspired it doesn't actually mean it will look like a dragon. Besides that, if they did make it look like a dragon they would have a huge task choosing what kind of dragon and there would always be someone who doesn't like the design. I think it is better this way.

Any dragon would've been better than Chroma's design, imo. Again, I wasn't really gonna use the frame anyway. I'm only bothered because they specifically said they were doing what many people had requested, and turns out they really didn't, because looking like a traditional dragon was a large part of the request for a dragon frame. And they didn't deliver on that front (I think we all can agree that it doesn't look like a traditional eastern or western dragon). Again, I just think DE should've never tied this frame to the dragon frame that people requested, and should've just said they were doing their own dragon-themed frame. That's all, really.

That's ok man. I'm just putting my opinion out there like everyone here in the forums does. At this point they can make a doo doo themed frame and It wouldn't matter to me since my favorite warframes already exist. I'm glad there are "unique" frames catering to different people.

Yeah no offense meant. What frame is your favorite if you don't mind me asking?

Any dragon would've been better than Chroma's design, imo. Again, I wasn't really gonna use the frame anyway. I'm only bothered because they specifically said they were doing what many people had requested, and turns out they really didn't, because looking like a traditional dragon was a large part of the request for a dragon frame. And they didn't deliver on that front (I think we all can agree that it doesn't look like a traditional eastern or western dragon). Again, I just think DE should've never tied this frame to the dragon frame that people requested, and should've just said they were doing their own dragon-themed frame. That's all, really.

Something many people seem to fail to understand is they weren't making a dragon-themed frame just because somebody requested them to. They did as they pleased and it just so happened to match - at least on paper - with community's desires. None of Chroma's features have anything in common with any dragonframe fan concept out there. Neither aesthetically, nor mechanically.

The only mistake they did is mention that apparent similarity.

Edited by Artarrwen

Actually I did more research, and found out exactly what Chroma is...

A Dragonic Armored Anteater...

anteater_monster_by_ankylosaurornis-d7p4

And ash never had a samurai appearance. His appearance was based off of an insect hence his layered armored arms (which look terrible in my opinion just like chroma.) 

Something many people seem to fail to understand is they weren't making a dragon-themed frame just because somebody requested them to. They did as they pleased and it just so happened to match - at least on paper - with community's desires. None of Chroma's features have anything in common with any dragonframe fan concept out there. Neither aesthetically, nor mechanically.

Lets not go into that argument. While I do like the concept I don't approve of a second rhino. 

I do however agree that themes used by Endrian's concept would make a much better looking frame rather than a infested anteater.

I think DE tried too hard to be unique and therefore went overboard. They really should have spoken with more of the community, taken polls, asked questions and so on. They did not do that for a frame that was requested by the community. That was a mistake DE. You know you need to involve the community in community designs.

That's not the way they presented it.

Everytime we get a new frame the whine flows again.

"Whee Nova looks like a pony"

"Whee Oberons belly"

"Whee Zephyr buhu codpiece"

"Whee Hydroid hic hips"

"Whee Rhino Prime face"

"Whee Loki Prime leg armor"

"Whee Nyx Prime cage head"

"Whee Nova Prime rings"

And yet ater 2 weeks people stop

Can we have a single update where people just shut up and dont make a drama out of nothing ?

"Whee Oberons belly"

"Whee Hydroid hic hips"

"Whee Rhino Prime face"

"Whee Nova Prime rings"

Can we have a single update where people just shut up and dont make a drama out of nothing ?

I agree.

DE said it was a highly requested theme iirc and that theme was dragon. People are trying to claim the community unanimously requested a western or european theme dragon. We did not all request that kind of dragon.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed Insulting Quote

"Whee Oberons belly"

"Whee Hydroid hic hips"

"Whee Rhino Prime face"

"Whee Nova Prime rings"

If nobody expresses their opinion then DE will take it as a sign that everything is 100% ok and will keep doing whatever they are doing, we'll keep getting more weird stuff.(because they thought "hey, we thought the community was happy with it!".  We should "be polite" and "be quiet" because it annoys some people or hurts their feelings ? Give me a break.

You shouldn't have to keep quiet and eat up everything the company throws at you if you don't like it. They are a business, we are consumers. We tell them what we want and they should listen, we are supporting their business after all.

^This is how dlc's, preordering and early access got out of hand.

Edited by kiteohatto

If I'm going to complain, I'm going to complain about game design and payment systems.

But instead everyone's raising pitchforks and torches over a @(*()$ SNOUT like it's proof of all of DE"s future policies.

I don't like the body design either. I think it all needs a bit of a redesign.

If nobody expresses their opinion then DE will take it as a sign that everything is 100% ok and will keep doing whatever they are doing, we'll keep getting more weird stuff.(because they thought "hey, we thought the community was happy with it!".  We should "be polite" and "be quiet" because it annoys some people or hurts their feelings ? Give me a break.

You shouldn't have to keep quiet and eat up everything the company throws at you if you don't like it. They are a business, we are consumers. We tell them what we want and they should listen, we are supporting their business after all.

^This is how dlc's, preordering and early access got out of hand.

"we'll keep getting more weird stuff." oh dear,Assuming you mean weird as "strange" then it's safe to say warframes designs are all weird at that's is why it's loved by loyal fans.hardlaughing.gif

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

"we'll keep getting more weird stuff." oh dear,Assuming you mean weird as "strange" then it's safe to say warframes designs are all weird at that's is why it's loved by loyal fans.hardlaughing.gif

Nah, i meant weird as in "WTF is this thing?" instead of oh, well it looks humanoid enough but with a warframe mutated twist kind of weird, like every other frame that we have.

Did you change your forum picture or is my mind playing tricks on me ? =|

Edited by kiteohatto

Nah, i meant weird as in "WTF is this thing?" instead of oh, well it looks humanoid enough but with a warframe mutated twist kind of weird, like every other frame that we have.

Did you change your forum picture or is my mind playing tricks on me ? =|

yea I did change it ahaha XD amazed you noticed OhIGetItcat_zpscdfb078c.gif "wtf is this thing" would that not mean that it is strange though 0_0?

yea I did change it ahaha XD amazed you noticed OhIGetItcat_zpscdfb078c.gif "wtf is this thing" would that not mean that it is strange though 0_0?

In a way it would, but there is still a noticable difference between a strange with a clear theme and a strange for the sake of being strange(so strange that the theme is so ambiguous that people are arguing what animal the theme is coming from).

The reason Chroma is so ambiguous is because it's lacking any clear indication of what it's meant to be. Yes the head is kind of dragon-ish, but not only dragons have that type of head(ant eaters, sea horses).

When put together with the body its not easy to assume that its a seadragon(because the body is so bulky).

Why didn't they add some extra detail to support the idea that its a sea creature theme ? If it had any form of gills or sea creature traits then the anteater would be out of the question.

Im just upset that the theme is so mixed and ambiguous and then getting told by DE that its designed to a very specific and easy to define theme.

They can still make a strange looking warframe creature without making it look like a dragon knight.

YBvw4ol.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto