The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Butchery Of Frames

I was admittedly expecting more of a Space Ornstein, but all the negativity around here is still getting to be pretty aggravating. All we've gotten for Chroma is one rather unflattering picture and a short clip. In the end it's probably gonna be another one of those things where, after seeing it in action, it stops being a big deal. Like Banshee's feet and Frost Prime's crown things for me.

He'll probably reply with "it breathes fire,duh!"

This argument has been going in a circle and the best thing the supporters can say to justify the design using logic and reason is that it breathes fire, that's it.

And the best the detractors can do is say "lol no it's not a dragon". Your point?

If they had gone with a western style dragon they could've gone with something like this

MM35_PG147.jpg

halfdragon.jpg

gith.jpg

dragonborn_fighter_by_zombwill-d4oars5.j

b7578ee019c40118510343a9668b0f65.jpg

If they went with an eastern style dragon they should've gone with a slimmer frame and no "wings", it has less in common with those dragons

asian-dragon-artwork.jpg

I couldn't find an image of an eastern style dragon with a humanoid body, no picures for that. But for that it would have to remove the wings and the shoulderpads, and it should have a thicker head and a pointy tail with spikes running down its neck.

My point is, it doesn't look like a dragon. Not this kind of dragon, not that kind of dragon. The thing it comes closest to is a seadragon or seahorse, or anteater.

If DE said "we're making a dragon frame" and then came out and said "LOL we meant sea dragon" that's just trolling.

abf79de0-92a1-46f9-a70a-4e9c22940c94_zps

fun fact not all dragons have scales, and there are more dragons than the eastern oriental ones and the western european ones. most dragons of south and north american mythos actually had feathers, or some times fur, middle eastern dragons had long thin snouts, african dragons often looked more like birds than reptiles, the list goes on. every continent that has had human populations on it have had dragons in their myths and most of them do not look like the typical japanese serpent, or the european winged lizard.

most people *@##$ing about what dragons do and do not look like clearly are not aware of the massive variety in dragon designs out there and how much this thing does look like a dragon, sure not modern depictions of dragons but if you sat down and looked at old art from a wide variety of cultures you will begin to see it.

I was honestly hoping for something similar to this, maybe slightly more organic and a little mutated, but not what we got.

So a fire breathing snout isn't dragon enough for you?

But a Doctor Who Cyberman with token scales on his suit is?

Won't deny Chroma was a surprise at first - but the more I see of what the "community" wanted or expected - the happier I am with what we have.

so you wanted an excal look alike o_0?

Sigh.

The only thing it shares with excal is that it's a male and he is average built. That's it.

Will you keep trying to find any miniscule and unreasonable fault in everything that goes against "Chroma is a bad design as a dragon" ?

So a fire breathing snout isn't dragon enough for you?

But a Doctor Who Cyberman with token scales on his suit is?

Won't deny Chroma was a surprise at first - but the more I see of what the "community" wanted or expected - the happier I am with what we have.

It looks more of a dragon than Chroma does, if you hadn't seen Chroma breathe fire then you would be none the wiser. Obviously the helmet would be different, it wouldn't have obvious face features.

To be honest, a lot of the frames look a bit weird, but interesting.

Frost: his helm reminds me of a crab.

Volt: His alt, reminds me of that Ram from the final fantasy series, where you summon this spirit thing. His original kind of reminds me of an electric eel.

Ember: her helm reminds me of a chicken.

Excalibur: reminds me of a rhinocerus beetle.

Vauban: Reminds me of an old man.

Nova: a weird looking giraffe?

Saryn: her original reminds me of a reptile, but her alt reminds me of a plant.

Banshee: like a triceratops?

Mag: kind of what a space ninja would look like, otherwise a futuristic astronaut. But her alt makes her look like she has headphones that a DJ would have.

Loki: while others see handlebars, he reminds me of a hammerhead shark.

Rhino: he looks a bit weird, perhaps another beetle of some sort?

Ash: reminds me of some bug, perhaps a centipede-spider mix.

Mesa: looks like a NPC, but with a fked up face, so she has that wrap around her face to cover it.

Nekros: reminds me of a bony shaman. So I guess the necromancer feel does apply here.

Valkyr: Her alt reminds me of some feline. Her other alt, reminds of a futuristic Huntress with braided hair that's tied up in a ponytail?

Hydroid: A squid/octopus pirate with HUGE thunder thighs.

Zephyr: I guess they were going for the bird look, but the helm just looks weird....

Mirage: Kinda reminds me of a frog, weirdly...... her alt is perhaps more clown/jester like. A cyborg Harley Quinn?

Limbo: a weird magician?

Oberon: deer god of the forest?

Nyx: a weird bug?

Trinity: that lobster tail

but yeah.... now we have Chroma: Seahorse - Anteater mutant. No matter who says it's a dragon, or looks like a dragon, I just see seahorse. It's like the anime Fruits Basket. certain characters turn into the animals of the chinese zodiac. The dragon was a seahorse......

So yeah, in a very weird and skewed way, the seahorse is a dragon.................................. but quite frankly if the alt helm comes out and it looks more dragonic like, i would switch over to it in a heartbeat....

Quite frankly there are some frames where I just stick alt helms on them, since they look better than their original helm look. Like Valkyr for example.

Edited by VoidWraith

The burden of proof is on you to actually find a depiction of a dragon (not a sea dragon or sea horse or dragonfly or monster hunter which is not representative of eastern or western dragons) that actually looks like chroma. Because so far you chroma supporters have not produced such an image. Everything you've posted, claiming to be resembling of chroma, has not been. The only thing has been the sea dragon, which is not a dragon but is named because of its vague resemblance to a dragon (the repeated attempts to try to portray a sea dragon as a mythological dragon, which is what "the community" requested for a dragon frame, by both regular users and mods have been quite dishonest. A sea dragon is not a mythological dragon nor what "the community" - those people who actually wanted and requested a dragon frame - actually wanted/requested and you all very well know this). So provide an image of a dragon that actually resembles chroma. The burden of proof is on you.

THIS. ALL. OF. THIS.

It seems that the main thing causing most of the negative reactions to Chroma is impossible expectations. DE promised us a dragon frame, so everyone started to think up what they would want a dragon warframe to look like. Then, once everyone has their own personal perfect dragon style warframe in mind, DE reveals Chroma. Obviously, Chroma is not going to be exactly like your own personal perfect design that you were getting yourself all hyped up for for so long, so you are sorely disappointed.

It is similar to how many good horror movies will never let the audience get a good look at the monster. Getting only hints at what is really there allows the viewer to fill in the blanks with their own personal fears, therefore making the monster much scarier for every person than it could be if all you got was the creator's full design. Your own personal ideas fit your likes and dislikes much better than any other person's ideas ever will.

So, Chroma does not look like what you imagine as the most awesome dragon design. That does not mean it is a bad design, it just means that he does not live up to your impossible to meet expectations. I personally really like his design.

Besides, there are so many different types of dragons out there. Classical fantasy dragons, Chinese dragons, Japanese dragons, dragon type pokemon, sea dragons, Mecha dragons, Wyverns, Gronckles, Zipplebacks, Etc. Heck, even Godzilla has been called a dragon.

So who is to say what may or may not count as a dragon when it comes to Warframe?

I tell you now that I was not expecting much. DE has crushed even my small expectation. 

Chroma looks more dragon than this. This just looks like a guy wearing reptilian armor.

Really. Just.... really ? Chroma doesn't even have anything reptile related to do with him, please enlighten on how does Chroma looks like a dragon ?

No, really, tell me how, i want to know what part of Chroma immediately triggers "that's a dragon" warframe in your brain.

It's the bacon wings, BBQ rib shoulders and anteater body shape all wrapped in even more bacon that just screams dragon Kitteohatto. Can you not see this?

Oh yeah and he breathes fire.... That's so stereotypical... Not all dragons breathe fire!!! So they should remove it even if some do... Why? Because it is too characteristic of a dragon and in a dragon themed frame we can't have anything that remotely resembles a dragon.

XD

Edited by sushidubya

okay then can you guys prove that alexstrasza is not a dragon?I mean all she has are horns which chroma does 

*snip*

Jack, that is a bad example and you know it. Alexstrasza has the power of shapeshifting, just as most of the powerful dragons in the Warcraft universe do.

Her true form is that of an actual dragon.

Edited by HolyDonut3

okay then can you guys prove that alexstrasza is not a dragon?I mean all she has are horns which chroma does so both are dragon themedWellthatssexy.jpg

If you look at the armor....

-so many horns

Horns are a somewhat widely shared common characteristic when it comes to eastern and western dragons, as well as some reptiles which are related to dragons worldwide lookswise.

If you look at the head. The subject has horns, she does not look like a demon, nor a devil.

-It's not a type of horns that mammals have, so she is not a goat.

If you look at her expression...

-She has a stern look and powerful presence about her, something that's shared between powerful beings, such as dragons.

We can conclude that the subject is a dragon inspired warrior or a dragon-related creature.

I did not need a text above her head to guess that she is a dragon inspired character.

Can you do the same with a Chroma picture ? I don't think so, if i am wrong then please do it. I'd be delighted to see it.

Edited by kiteohatto

Really. Just.... really ? Chroma doesn't even have anything reptile related to do with him, please enlighten on how does Chroma looks like a dragon ?

No, really, tell me how, i want to know what part of Chroma immediately triggers "that's a dragon" warframe in your brain.

Chroma has wing nubs on his shoulders, a huge tail, and a snout. That guy in the armor just has scales on him. Many reptiles and some animals have scales.