The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Butchery Of Frames

Im talking about "dragon parts" sharing some form of resemblance with dragons in general, not just in name.

Like the tail, does it look like a tail of a dragon or has something on it that has a dragon/reptile trait ?

To me, the tail looks like its a tail of a beaver, honestly speaking here. It's flattened and has a soft form.

Just like trinity's tail looks like a lobster/shrimp tail.

It does look reptilian to me. Tails come in various shapes and sometimes they are really weird. Like this one 9739796.jpg?486x364

How is this not badass? If I was a corpus/grineer and i saw that thing coming i'm pretty sure i'd need a change of underwear. I for one am PSYCHED for this frame.

Ikr? I can't wait for this frame. Need now.

It does look reptilian to me. Tails come in various shapes and sometimes they are really weird. Like this one 9739796.jpg?486x364

Does Chroma's tail has scales ? Does Chroma even have any scales, anywhere ?

The only reason we are able to associate the tail as a tail of a reptile is because it has scales.

If you cover the rest of the picture with your hand and only look at the tail, you will know that its a reptile hidden by your hand and not any other animal.

Edited by kiteohatto

Does Chroma's tail has scales ? Does Chroma even have any scales, anywhere ?

The only reason we are able to associate the tail as a tail of a reptile is because it has scales.

If you cover the rest of the picture with your hand and only look at the tail, you will know that its a reptile hidden by your hand and not any other animal.

We don't even have a complete back view of Chroma to answer your scale question. From the obscure view in another picture it appears that he does have a scale-like appearance on his tail. Again, you can't expect a Warframe's texture to literally look like an animal. The same can be said for Rhino. Even for Valkyr, she has no fur despite having a cat-like helmet and power that gives her claws.

We don't even have a complete back view of Chroma to answer your scale question. From the obscure view in another picture it appears that he does have a scale-like appearance on his tail. Again, you can't expect a Warframe's texture to literally look like an animal. The same can be said for Rhino. Even for Valkyr, she has no fur despite having a cat-like helmet and power that gives her claws.

Oh im not expecting to have the exact typical dragon appearance in warframe, it doesn't need to have dragon scales everywhere. All was needed was subtle hints here and there to give first time viewers an assumption that it's dragon-themed.

To get to the idea that it's dragon themed though we had to get Jackofblades to dissect the look of Chroma and show us parts of him that resemble features that some dragon related animals have. This is a case of too subtle.

I can see that it has dragon features, but i really had to look hard for them.

I'll ask you this now. If the white is where the face is then he is breathing fire out of his forehead/hat. Also, why are his horns make him look so hangable like a keychain ? Never seen dragons like that.

dylUbOF.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

I'll ask you this now. If the white is where the face is then he is breathing fire out of his forehead/hat. Also, why are his horns make him look so hangable like a keychain ? Never seen dragons like that.

dylUbOF.jpg

I believe the white part is his face.

First. He is clearly mutated. so he's not going to look like your normal frame.

Second. i'm sure there'll be an alt helm that will appeal to the people who like the generic dragon theme. this one is based on ancients (the infested sentients. that's how they look anyway) and based off of seahorses which are dragons according to Asian stuff. 

Third. I like the way he looks

goodbye

Edited by Oakenman

dylUbOF.jpg

Not sure if DE as confirmed that Frames are physical people or if they are incorporeal.like Vor has stated."We've been wrong all this time. Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno ARE that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light."

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Not sure if DE as confirmed that Frames are physical people or if they are incorporeal.like Vor has stated.

If I recall correctly, I believe Mynki said he had done concept art of the (original) frames unmasked. So at least at one point they were people.

But I believe DE said that this year - 2015 - is the year we'll finally find out what we (Tenno) really are.

Not sure if DE as confirmed that Frames are physical people or if they are incorporeal.like Vor has stated."We've been wrong all this time. Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno ARE that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light."

Metaphor. He's using metaphor to describe the source of the warframe powers. 

I love how several bits of art posted for what they expected/wanted Chroma to look like is generic as hell. Then I think back to the stuff who blasting DE over last themes being too literal.

Those poor DE artist just cannot win anymore can they? 

As for what I think of Chroma, ironically enough; thanks to this thread he's kind of growing on me. Especially seeing him in motion. I hope that flame breathing emote is part of the stance.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

"Each Warframe you control" explain this part then? how's this a metaphor?0_0 wish it was that simple

Let's not forget there's a separation of game and lore.

But in that particular quote, everyone gets so hung up on the "energy" bit they forget that he's talking about the divine energy of the warframes (the void powers).

Edited by vaugahn

I think DE needs to learn something obvious: if they are going to take the theme from a very popular fan concept and make their own completely different version, they should do it better than the original. If they can't do that, they should swallow their pride, make the popular version, thank the person who created the concept, and perhaps give them a plat reward. There is no virtue in throwing away great art or ideas and substituting worse.

In this case Chroma's external design is widely considered to be hideous and inferior to one of the most popular fan concepts ever.

Here is a poll on Chroma's appearance: http://strawpoll.me/3807541

Here is the link to the most popular Dragon concept: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-final-update-2092015/

Edited by jmforeman02