Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Lance.

Maaya94

Hello fellow Tenno.

This is my first post here and I wanted to make it interesting... maybe. xD

I was thinking about a kind of spear, but I think that a throwable weapon that doesn't come back by itself would be impractical. So this is my concept:

23kyixf.jpg
The Lance would be a Heavy Blunt Melee Weapon, Tenno designed.

The difference with other melee weapons will be Charge+Running:

The Tenno will start running and when the charge is complete he'll make a little jump, landing on the enemy and stabbing him.

x2rk8j.jpg

Dealing always a critical hit, but it's slow and you can easily miss the target.

So tell me what you think people, good criticism will be really appreciated :) questions too.

Edited by Maaya94

I would love a weapon like this. A charging wep is a neat idea, and you could totally spec into crit dmg so if the regular melee thrusts are slow, the running attack would make up for it because, like a medieval lance, its all about that one blow.

Love this. If it were thrown I'd like the idea that you'd wrench it out of its target, be it the environment or enemies. Perhaps to offset throwing it into dead zones, you could hold E to call it back, think the force but rather executed with powerful magnetics

Hi people!

The second drawing... Such wonderment...

Would like to see a Lance, but I'd also love to see some polearms. Perhaps a different kind of Glaive, or a halberd.

Somehow you gave me an idea, thanks. xD
Tenno/Medieval Knight stickman for the win! >:D

Love this. If it were thrown I'd like the idea that you'd wrench it out of its target, be it the environment or enemies. Perhaps to offset throwing it into dead zones, you could hold E to call it back, think the force but rather executed with powerful magnetics

Hahaha, a Jedi Tenno.
I was thinking, you can throw the Lance but there is something you keep, like a bracelet, that use magnetics to bring back the weapon. What you think? :D

The second drawing... Such wonderment...

Would like to see a Lance, but I'd also love to see some polearms. Perhaps a different kind of Glaive, or a halberd.

Well get ready to be happy after DEGeoff finishes the animations and all that for them, because they are indeed coming. "SOON"

Just some friendly input :D

google rapier. you will see a difference. for now we got tons of slashing swords. piercing swords will be nice addition. so my loki will look classy with revolvers and rapier like a true gentleman

Edited by n7snk

Ohhohohoho I would love to pierce through many enemy with thisssss! and the design is lovely!

I was just reading your comics, and suddenly you comment my toppic xD now I'm like "OMG LOL"

Thaaanks~ :3

Cool! I always loved oversized weapons in my games! Buster sword, Runic Carver! Mith-Marr's Replica Two-Hander!!

I can picture a Tenno doing an epic floorslide with this baby sticking out front, lined up with a squishy Grineer or Boxhead  :)