The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NEW HAMMER: FRAGOR (Pictures! Stats!)

BlackDogCpt

Now I've tried the Axe and Hammer out and I ask this.

Why would you chose either of the 2 new melee weapons over the Dual Skana?

I can solo levels with my eyes shut using the Dual Skana, but these new 2 handed wea#pons seem like more like I am handicapping myself.

If an enemy does't walk out of range while my Tenno stuggles to move with the damn thing, the horrible hit registration kicks in and the weapon magically misses the target straight in front of me. Hell I have to take 3 swings at half of the storage cells I keep coming across before it hits. This is in single player BTW, so I don't have to worry about lag.

The weapons are fun for sure... in a very limited sense being that it's fun when you manage to hit stuff... otherwise it's massively frustrating, and even then, it's fun when you land a charge attack after absorbing the 300 bullets it takes before you can swing it... otherwise it's frustratingly weak for the 8 minutes he takes to complete a 4 strike combo.

But from a practical point of view the Dual Skanas (Or any other melee weapon for that matter) seem to be FAR better in comparison as a melee weapon.

Fun can sell, but not as well as functionality does... that's why Pay2Win makes money, as disconcerting as that may be.

could somone compair the dual skana to the axe?

Dual Skana are massively superior in practicallity, in almost every way possible.

Faster attack speed, higher consistent DPS, Better at engaging moving targets.

Attacking doesn't leave you as open to damage from other enemies, better hit registration.

Axe and Hammer are the same, same animations and same damage, just different effect.

Did you read his post?

Yes it's basic combat 101. I am talking comparatively between armored and unarmored targets, not between sharp vs blunt weapons. If the target isn't wearing armor, the damage inflicted by the hammer should be even greater.

Not necessarily. Soft structures will absorb blunt impacts.

You wear a helmet to prevent the skull, a hard, brittle structure, from fracturing into splinters upon impact with a forceful object.

That is correct, because the head as well as the rest of the body is all covered by squishy, fleshy bits that don't protect against damage of any kind. It most definitely does not serve to aid in absorbing impacts of blunt force trauma. Crushing or slicing, fleshy bits are equally vulnerable without armor.