The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me See Them Mirage Builds Tho

Anatolius

Question

Seriously.

I have been strugglin to make a decent build for Mirage. I obviously need duration but in my attempt to make a duration and efficiency build I ran out of space for any kind of shield/health mod

I need to start fresh

Anyone got some advice?

I have the primed mods maxed out so if you have a build with those, that is fine

Forma'd builds also welcomed

19 answers to this question

If you're just using Mirrors and Eclipse, and won't be throwing out the disco ball, efficiency is not nearly as important.

Redirection or Vitality for stray shots that make it through clones

Max TF, BR, and Intensify for max strength

Streamline to counter efficiency

Narrow Minded, Primed Continuity, and Constitution for duration

HoM augment can be swapped in for Intensify or Constitution, to preference, or even the ehp mod once you get comfortable being squishy (that's what I do).

Edited by Darzk

Mostly, when either stats health or shield is below 300 I don't bother modding for it, since Redirection and Vitality are percentage increase.

Mirage has a decent Energy Pool and along with Primed Flow, Quick Thinking suits her better.

Normally, people don't run Fleeting on her in the Illusion/Buff build simply because her Power cost already next to nill, but because I'm running QT so I need to conserve energy a bit. 

The rest of my build is pretty darn standard: Narrow Minded, Primed Continuity, Blind Rage, Intensify and Streamline.

http://goo.gl/KNM8EF

Blind Rage is not maxed first and foremost is to keep her power at a reasonable price

And the second and the most important reason is I don't want to forma her again.

Edited by tinyranitar

Don't forget that quickly detonating Prism after you cast it results in huge range, long duration blind that goes through walls and all obstructions. Blinded enemies are severely incapacitated and are unable to really do much to you. If you pair this with a silent weapon and avoid bumping into them, the enemies won't even have any means to fight you with, making for an easy cleanup.

Mirage builds constantly emphasize strength and duration at the cost of everything else, when her (in my opinion) most powerful, useful and infinitely-scaling ability is overlooked.

- Intensify

- Primed/Continuity

- Constitution

- Stretch

- Streamline

- Fleeting Expertise R3

- Natural Talent

- Redirection (or whatever you'd like).

This is a simple, multi-purpose build. You can swap out Fleeting Expertise and Redirection with Primed/Flow and Quick Thinking for more survivability and longer duration, which is useful in longer missions like survival or defense, but much less so in shorter missions, in my opinion.

That said, I do run 3 builds with Mirage. I use the one above usually, but I do, on occasion, use two other builds.

One Total Eclipse build with the standard strength/duration, and another specific Prism blind build with range/duration, both of which I only use on long, well-coordinated survival/defense runs, usually with friends or clan members.

I use a long duration with a bit of effciency and strenght thrown in. I basically never throw the disco ball unless i've got too much energy on my hands and nothing better to do with it (angry kitty venka channelling is the other option).

For survivability i use QT and vigor basically, and flow to top off the very good energy pool.

Disco ball is very useful as a radial blind but the cast time is too slow, unless you throw in natural talent.

I just feel like it isn't worth it. Also because you gotta get some range too, and that's another mod slot gone.

Keep in mind i don't have hall of malevolence yet so i'll redo the build when i get one... If you're intrested i can give you the details later this afternoon (17:30 cet).

The cast time is always brought up, and yet all it takes is 1 second of hiding behind something to blind an entire wave of enemies. With a bit of practice, you can learn the time window for queuing the detonation so you do it very quickly (less than a second) without much premeditation.

What people don't get is that Eclipse is stupidly strong by itself. With just an intensify you're talking about either having 95% damage mitigation or doing 2 and a half times your weapon damage, on top of the damage it is already doing. Sure you can go nuts with it but that is already overkill for all but the most extreme portions of the game by itself, and when you get to that point, the utility of completely incapacitating every enemy in a large radius for 20+ seconds is much more useful... the old damage vs. utility debacle all over again.

What people don't get is that Eclipse is stupidly strong by itself. With just an intensify you're talking about either having 95% damage mitigation or doing 2 and a half times your weapon damage, on top of the damage it is already doing. Sure you can go nuts with it but that is already overkill for all but the most extreme portions of the game by itself, and when you get to that point, the utility of completely incapacitating every enemy in a large radius for 20+ seconds is much more useful... the old damage vs. utility debacle all over again.

Y'know, you make an interesting point.

As such I've come up with the following build:

Corrosive Projection

Total Eclipse

Hall of Malevolence

Intensify

Transient Fortitude

Overextended

Consitution

Primed Continuity

Streamline

Giving up an awful lot of Strength here, but the addition of a 23s 47m radial blind should go a long way to making me feel better about it, even if it takes forever to cast. And although I lose a lot of personal damage, if I can buff just one teammate with Total Eclipse it should compensate for that loss.

The cast time is always brought up, and yet all it takes is 1 second of hiding behind something to blind an entire wave of enemies. With a bit of practice, you can learn the time window for queuing the detonation so you do it very quickly (less than a second) without much premeditation.

Well, to be honest i just don't like the ability. Also, it takes more than 1 second to cast, it's about 2-2.2 seconds. If you need that radial stun so badly you WILL die in that time. You can queue up the detonation as soon as the ball is flying, but the casting animation still stays far longer than one second :)

more than that, i got to Mirage with the illusionist theme firebranded on me, so i don't really appreciate the disco ball. I will use it on few occasions, but mostly i run permaeclipsed and with hall of mirrors on most of the time, purely because why not. i love the effect of Mirage half fading in darkness with her 4 clones stuttering like afterimages. It's just so dramatic <3

Also, i use light eclipse only when i've got unranked weapons to rank up. My Eclipse is a defensive skill 95% of the time.