The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing A Good Melee Frame / 4K Res Problems

Hitomo

Question

hey pros

I am trying to figure out wich frame to get next for a nice and satisfying melee experience

I figured that all frames have like 100 Stamina except Valkyrie, wich has 600, correct ?

does this have any influence, because I dont seem to run out if stamina with any of the Frames currently

while doing things ...

is it true, that if u equip only a melee weapon, it will level up faster ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and finally, I am playin at 4K Resolution on my 1080p Monitor, but this imposes some problems when trying to read the chat or other text displayed like in the Navigation Interface ... and in planet view the overlay UI is totaly miss placed,

click this ^^

aSkqAt1.jpg

any solutions besides buyin a bigger screen ?

regards

excalibur is probably one of the better all around frames for melee, plus all of his skills involve using his ethreal skana so they fit the melee theme thematically

loki is good and all, but hes too squishy. AOE simply tears him apart. ash is more durable, and more offensive if you want that approach

valkyr is obviously good as her ult makes you invincible and puts you in a melee-only mode

trinity is good because you basically never die. you get a ton of dmg resistance from link alone, then you have blessing

i find melee incredibly easy with nyx. cast chaos then chop stuff up to your heart's content. if things are getting rough simply hop in your bubble and wait things out. you can run flow + quickthinking on her as well which makes you incredibly healthy. only problem you'll really face are nullifiers, but its easier to take them out with swords than with bullets

all in all though, you'll want somebody who is durable, has mobility, and some sort of escape utility like invis, a blind, or some movement ability, or dmg resistance/invincibility 

I like Ash for melee... because Teleport. For me, it is invaluable for keeping up combo counters and for the armor ignoring finishers. Then his 1 is awesome for taking out flying units without equipping a ranged weapon. Smoke Screen is more of an "oh sh!t" ability for me, only use it when the mobs get the jump on me. I try to avoid Bladestorm like the plague, but it does occasionally come in handy.

Oh... cant forget Volt. With Shocking Speed he can stun enemies in melee range and capitalize on the huge melee speed boost.

Stamina mods are useful for heavy blocking. If you plan on blocking attacks a lot then stamina mods are extremely useful. If your not going to block often then the stamina mods are useless. 

That's why I use Reflex Guard on my melee builds.

You can use 2 Stamina mods on your frame and maybe 1 on your weapon so you can use Blocking. Or you can just install Reflex Guard.

I melee with Ember (my favorite frame)

the AOE stun makes it possible.

Oho! Someone else who uses a melee Ember.

Edited by OniGanon

I personally like to frost prime for my melee build. I can leave my teammates inside the bubble and "technically" have my back against a wall as i stop anything from getting inside.

Makes reflex guard a beast of a mod because i can control where i'm getting hit from.