Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Additional Solar Systems?

Havenbrook

Ive seen people suggesting on-planet missions. I would like to see that, but I would enjoy seeing new Solar Systems introduced with more planets. I am a huge space fan, I love even watching the map with the planets doing their thing. I think it would be SUPER cool if we could get another one in the future.

One of my youth games that really hooked me on space themes is Earth and Beyond (very different style of gameplay from warframe). You could see differnet systems and travel to them and do missions, on world and off. Which was really cool. I think both are a excellent idea, but my I feel that seeing more systems would be more fun vs on world missions in the same system we have now.

While that content would be new and exciting, i do think that as players, we might be able to get more out of the game and give you guys as a company an option to expand with another system. With this being said, there is still the option to do on world missions, and at that point you have 2 systems to add on world missions to.

I had the same thought myself. While right now the levels are very fun and there are a great deal of them, eventually we're going to need more levels and new level types. New solar sytems will be a must, and likely will be considered by the devs if they haven't already thought of it. New level designs and enemy types are what I would love to see.

Since we aren't on planets, but boarding ships, an expansion of the fleet is neither hard to do, nor impossible. We don't need other star systems*, we need more map nodes and expansion on the available ships, tilesets, missions, etc.

Warframe does not strike me as a universe with the technology of extra-solar travel.

* The Solar System is a unique name. It is our sun, our 4 terrestrial planets, the asteroid belt, the four gas giants and the Kupier belt.

what about layers of levels? please, keep up: 3 layers (space, land and underground) for the terrestrial planets and 2 layers (space, moon land and random station located in the planet) for the gas giants... also 2 layers on the block of iron+ice people like to call pluto... to achieve a deeper layer, one must complete the entire layer (of course there will be either combo box or 3 buttons to indicate the current available layers) before entering the next... that way, most of the level designs would be added (ship interior [both outside and inside the planet], jungle, arctic, caves and someother to be made)...

still, it's just a thought...

* The Solar System is a unique name. It is our sun, our 4 terrestrial planets, the asteroid belt, the four gas giants and the Kupier belt.

Actually, I do believe it's called the Sol System... There are many Solar Systems (that's what makes a galaxy), but only one Sol System...

Edited by SigLonewolf

Actually, I do believe it's called the Sol System... There are many Solar Systems (that's what makes a galaxy), but only one Sol System...

Sol is the name of our sun. There are many suns, but this one is ours. Without our sun we are useless. Without us, the sun wouldn't care more or less. But still. It is our sun and we call it Sol. Hence, The Solar System. :)

Personally i believe this can be simplified if they can simply change the lighting and scenary out of the windows to simulate being close to Jupiter/Earth/Mars or even being within a gas giant.

What's stopping them from having them show a Jungle-esque scenary with slightly changed textures inside?

Sol is the name of our sun. There are many suns, but this one is ours. Without our sun we are useless. Without us, the sun wouldn't care more or less. But still. It is our sun and we call it Sol. Hence, The Solar System. :)

What a strange and beautiful way to make a Full Metal Jacket referance (or maybe just a referance to the rifleman's creed).

I'm hoping they let the game take place entirely in the Solar System and focus on fleshing it out as much as possible. Too many games try for the whole galaxy spanning thing and end up feeling pretty hollow. Limiting it to one system would give Warframe a chance to stand out against the hundreds of generic Star Wars/Trek clone settings.

Edited by Sealgaire

I'm all in favor of keeping things inside the Solar System. After all, there are plenty of unexplored options for environments: asteroids, moons, space stations (assuming all of the current maps take place aboard ships, of course) and each of these can have various different environments.

Something that would be less pressing - but still an addition that I would enjoy - would be missions that take place across several environments. Say, your overall objective is to assassinate a target in an underground bunker, but to reach him you have to fight through a space station to deactivate the anti-ship security measures, then take a shuttle down to the surface of the planet/moon/asteroid/rock and secure the entrance to the bunker before finally reaching the target.

to be honest i think the grand design is to add more solar systems to it, personally i would love to see the Andromeda Nebula in it, with a variety of stars and planets (each with more and different hazards on them).

Maybe a good idea? the andromeda Nebula?

I am in favor of the current biohazards they put in (fire, ice, some fog, vacuum when shooting windows, etc)

But maybe we can expand it by some sort of radiation or perhaps toxic fumes hanging around corroding your armor (your main armor works 50% less effective) stuff like that.

let me know what you think of it (both to players and developers)

I'm all in favor of keeping things inside the Solar System. After all, there are plenty of unexplored options for environments: asteroids, moons, space stations (assuming all of the current maps take place aboard ships, of course) and each of these can have various different environments.

Something that would be less pressing - but still an addition that I would enjoy - would be missions that take place across several environments. Say, your overall objective is to assassinate a target in an underground bunker, but to reach him you have to fight through a space station to deactivate the anti-ship security measures, then take a shuttle down to the surface of the planet/moon/asteroid/rock and secure the entrance to the bunker before finally reaching the target.

I have to admit, in terms of expanding the current solar system, i love your ideas. Asteroids, moons, space stations, etc. as well as conditions on how to get to your objective. This added with my proposal might be a bit too much to start out with but this will definitely keep this game going for a very long time with fun changing missions too.

Edited by Swakke