The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Rank Up A New Ash

harys99

Question

13 answers to this question

Do some spy missions and do them in complete stealth with smokescreen. The xp boosts for the stealth kills and the xp given to undetected data transfers can get you ranked up extremely quickly.

Consider packing Redeemer; it's shots count towards stealth damage bonuses and the stealth attacks do more damage he higher the weapon level is.

Edited by R34LM

Whenever I get new gear, I always grind the Dark Sector Defense node on Earth.  Dark Sector bonus experience plus the chance to farm Neurodes.  I do that up to rank 10, then repeat on Dark Sector Defense on Saturn for Orokin Cells.  You could do Jupiter, too, but Neural Sensors seem to drop way less than Neurodes or Orokin Cells.

So, yeah, every post with abilities doesn't fit me, since I got Ash and all of the gear literally yesterday, so everything is Rank 2 :p. What about Survival missions in the Earth? I've heard they're pretty easy.

Also, it says that Ash is not very good on Defence missions...

So, yeah, every post with abilities doesn't fit me, since I got Ash and all of the gear literally yesterday, so everything is Rank 2 :p. What about Survival missions in the Earth? I've heard they're pretty easy.

In general, that's true.  There are no survival missions on Earth or Venus after one of the more recent updates that changed them to Excavation missions.  I recommend the Dark Sector Defense on Earth because, in my experience, there's always someone running it, and you can just hop in with a squad of randoms.  If things get too hairy, extract at the earliest opportunity.  I usually do 10 waves when leveling up new gear.  Whether a frame is "for" defense is irrelevant up through wave 5.  A squad of 4 competent players can kill anything up to wave 5 regardless of what they have equipped.  Getting to wave 10 can be a challenge, depending on who has what equipped, but up through wave 5 is generally pretty easy regardless.

My rule of thumb is: if anyone goes down before the end of the mission, extract at the next opportunity.  Otherwise keep going.

Tower defense or Orokin Derelict are good options as long as you have a good squad (from your clan or recruiting tab) and they know you're under-leveled, they'll often pick up the slack until you can get up to snuff.  Thing is: not every frame is ideal for defense, but each defense mission needs just one Frost/Vauban.  Everyone else can basically do what they want offensively as long as you have a good Vauban/Frost at the objective.

Ash is one of the easiest frames to level up. Use your abilities to kill enemies, this way you'll get 100% of xp towards Ash. If you kill with a weapon you'll get 50% of xp. If your teammates are killing enemies you'll get 25% of the xp towards your frame.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

I'd suggest running multiple spy missions.

Smokescreen is a low level skill... Slot for duration and go to town.

I don't suggest that playstyle as a general use option (Invis works better on Loki) but it won't hurt you for spy missions.

Hopefully, at least your melee is lvl 30 or the visits you get from the different faction assassins and stalker can become quite painful.

If you're running a completely unranked Frame, I'd recommend Tower 1 Survival. Don't force yourself to stay super long. One run of that should be enough to bump you up to around rank 10 if you can make it to 15-20 minutes or so, assuming you murder lots of enemies.

grinding spy missions will easily get you the most xp in the smallest amount of time, let alone give you lots of rewards like event mods / fusion cores / other rare mods / credit caches

you are going to want to play exterminate or something until you get your invis skill, then you can jump into spy. play the highest level spy mission you have in your solar system, and just speed run them. don't take the time to kill anything, use invis to get by a group of enemies when you need to. yes you do get affinity bonuses for stealth kills, however you'll be getting much more xp for hacking the data consoles and from the mission bonus

i grind spy missions on neptune and each data console gives 12,000 affinity when hacked (undetected). i can max out any new gear within a matter of a couple hours