Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Warframes, Mods And Weapons In Pvp 2.0

DE_Adam

Our complete overhaul and re-balance of PvP is a process that requires a lot of time and experimentation, and while there are many changes still yet to come we're happy to share the fruits of our labor so far.  Enjoy this latest Building Warframe focused on PvP 2.0's mechanics.

What Mod selection may look like, how we're approaching Warframe balance and what weapons you can look forward to using are all covered this time.  If you're the kind of Tenno who likes to get a leg up on the competition now's an excellent time to prepare!

-DE_Adam

So, my question is, what about the Prime editions (of both Warframes and weapons)? With Volt Prime coming out soon, I for one won't have a single "base" Warframe that could go into the Conclave.

(Plus the devs implied Frost was getting tested next which - surprise surprise - also Primed.)

Strun/Latron Wraith? Lato Vandal? Dex Furis? I would assume by the lack of Mk-1 markers on Braton and Paris that the basic versions of those are allowed in...

Edited by Archwizard

Awesome post. Hopefully the regular balance team is also loo0king to this as a learning experience for things that might benefit PvE gameplay as well. We all know that everything is out of whack in the PvE realm and needs adjusting, so here's to hoping for something better in Warframe's PvE play.

This begs the question. Will the rebalance percolate throughout the rest of the game?

Hopefully so.

This begs the question. Will the rebalance percolate throughout the rest of the game?

pvp is standalone from the normal game so pvp shouldnt affect pve i think Edited by Aeon66

So, my question is, what about the Prime editions (of both Warframes and weapons)? With Volt Prime coming out soon, I for one won't have a single "base" Warframe that could go into the Conclave. 

Strun/Latron Wraith? Lato Vandal? Dex Furis? I would assume by the lack of Mk-1 markers on Braton and Paris that the basic versions of those are allowed in...

The list of Warfames, weapons and Mods is by no means comprehensive.  Other Warframes and weapons, Primes Included, can be introduced in the future -- adjusted properly for this new PvP environment.

pvp is standalone from the normal game so pvp shouldnt affect pve i think

Correct!  Any changes we make in PvP will not cross over into PvE.  These balances are intended for Tenno on Tenno combat.  There's no pulling punches when it's time to hit the Grineer!

In PvP 2.0, all weapons do flat damage instead of having their damage broken down into various types, removing procs that can bypass armor or force bleeds. Critical strikes have also been removed, replaced instead with a 1.5 damage multiplier on any headshot made. Further adjustments have been made to weapons on a per-case basis.

Hands down the best news in the post.  Crits especially have no place in a PvP game.

Edited by Aggh

I really like this, but there's one question i have.
As you've said the PvP is getting an overhaul, does that also include new move-sets to make the combat more exciting and intesnse in any way?

Like where dodging is actually required, rather than smashing LMB, or maxing your stamina to deflect all the enemy bullets and wait for him to reload?

Edited by XTH4rmal

pvp is standalone from the normal game so pvp shouldnt affect pve i think

No.  PvP and PvE will and always have had separate balance.

Uh-huh. I understand the difference. However, if the new PvP balance proves popular and successful, it would make sense to rebalance PvE. Yes, it wouldn't make sense to make it exactly the same, but if the tighter more skill based play is good, than more of it could be good too, don't you think?

Our complete overhaul and re-balance of PvP is a process that requires a lot of time and experimentation, and while there are many changes still yet to come we're happy to share the fruits of our labor so far.  Enjoy this latest Building Warframe focused on PvP 2.0's mechanics.

What Mod selection may look like, how we're approaching Warframe balance and what weapons you can look forward to using are all covered this time.  If you're the kind of Tenno who likes to get a leg up on the competition now's an excellent time to prepare!

-DE_Adam

be fast for melee weapon that lets you fly an entire map as in conclave using only tipedo completely ruined what would be called skill .in the example of the weapons attack speed would use the bo.make a specific change to the theme of movement within the game, but ignore the fact that this kind of moves in the game destroys the experience is different .I say this here and now, to avoid being ignored in the subject in which the whole community knows coptering be removed .is not normal cover the distance of a complete map with a gun as tipedo , just with a slide , destroy the work and the strategy that had as purpose.I would like to know what you think about it.

"Critical strikes have also been removed, replaced instead with a 1.5 damage multiplier on any headshot made. Further adjustments have been made to weapons on a per-case basis."

You really want to kill all crit weapons for ever in conclave? You only need to remove all crit dmg multiplers in mods for pvp and crits are balanced. I want my Sybaris back, pls DE :-( .

Edited by Feyangol

Uh-huh. I understand the difference. However, if the new PvP balance proves popular and successful, it would make sense to rebalance PvE. Yes, it wouldn't make sense to make it exactly the same, but if the tighter more skill based play is good, than more of it could be good too, don't you think?

Sorry, may have responded a little too quick on that.  Fear mongering on PvP balance leaking into and breaking PvE balance (as though PvE balance isn't completely broken anyways) has been an argument that the anti pvp crowd has been peddling for years now.

I would point out that DE has done multiple re balancing waves on weapons.  Any future balancing will probably have to work that way.   I doubt a dmg 3.0 will ever be in the cards.

"Critical strikes have also been removed, replaced instead with a 1.5 damage multiplier on any headshot made. Further adjustments have been made to weapons on a per-case basis."

You really want to kill all crit weapons for ever in conclave? You only need to remove all crit dmg multiplers in mods for pvp and crits are balanced. I want my Sybaris back, pls DE :-( .

Crits are random.  Randomness is the antithesis of balanced competition.  Start aiming for heads.  I'd guess that the sybaris and other precision weapons will have a better headshot multiplier.

Edited by Aggh