Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Warframes, Mods And Weapons In Pvp 2.0

DE_Adam

No they said "The following is a short list of some weapons that are being permitted at launch in this PvP 2.0 overhaul". That was what I was trying to address, for the newer players on PC who don't have as much expendable income.

We've most likely got 2 weeks til u16 launches.  That's plenty of time for people to grind out resources+credits and build weapons.

Excalibur Prime spotted :p

Also spotted that Braton Prime... I hope it will be balanced, because that weapon like to do Slash procs... Like... A lot of them

There aren't going to be slash procs:

In PvP 2.0, all weapons do flat damage instead of having their damage broken down into various types, removing procs that can bypass armor or force bleeds. Critical strikes have also been removed, replaced instead with a 1.5 damage multiplier on any headshot made. Further adjustments have been made to weapons on a per-case basis.

Could you please clarify on "Variations of each weapon are also permitted", I mean, on which weapons will be included in this scope, and if those weapons, in PvP will all have the same stats? (i.e. Mk-1 Bo, Bo and Bo prime can all be brought in and will have the same stats)

This begs the question. Will the rebalance percolate throughout the rest of the game?

They mention, long long ago, that balancing in PvP would not have any impact on the PvE. But this was when they still said that PvP was just there and would not compromise the PvE as this was a PvE game. Now that PvP is going to be a proper part of the game, who knows. 

Correct!  Any changes we make in PvP will not cross over into PvE.  These balances are intended for Tenno on Tenno combat.  There's no pulling punches when it's time to hit the Grineer!

Like PvP conclave rating not affecting PvE?

Oh wait, tactical alerts inexplicably limiting equipment via conclave rating limits....

-

But seriously though, will the games still be hosted by players and can the host just quit when his side is losing causing everyone to lose all progress done as the server migration fails? The few times I tried PvP this always happened and I just gave up on it.

Edited by jepeman

Like PvP conclave rating not affecting PvE?

Oh wait, tactical alerts inexplicably limiting equipment via conclave rating limits....

-

But seriously though, will the games still be hosted by players and can the host just quit when his side is losing causing everyone to lose all progress done as the server migration fails? The few times I tried PvP this always happened and I just gave up on it.

PvE and PvP conclave values for mods etc. etc. are different.  The name for that number doesn't really mean what it used to.  Also, as Rakshal has noted, the system works a lot better for PvE limitations than it does for conclave limitations.

Edited by Aggh

PvE and PvP conclave values for mods etc. etc. are different.  The name for that number doesn't really mean what it used to.

The values aren't diffierent, this is just how DE tried to do some kind of weapon balance in conclave, but in fact the number doesn't mean anything neither in PvE nor in PvP.

Edited by Feyangol

i am not clearly against PvP. But the game was designed to be a PvE and the entire mechanic, gameplay, and so on is based on that. to change all this will help making a PvP game, but thats not a single piece of what warframe is. its an other game, just an other pvp 3rd person shooter, but with designs we know.

if i whant to play pvp i will play an other game and not warframe. and i would like to see the enrgy of DE put in the real game. but hey, if some one wants to play warframe as pve, its up to him, have fun :)

Can we have a match making with different gamemodes

like a key u build to do PVP

Gamemodes list as Team Deathmatch, Domination (or Interception 3 towers), Kill confirm collect enemy badge, death match ,Conqest (or Interception 4 or 5 towers capture in order a to e or e to a on different sides and a ticket system or how as the less tickets win), and CTC or capture the Cephalon.

Edited by (PS4)thebatmantyler

I've seen a few comments touch on something similar, so pardon me if this was already discussed in more detail, but:

Can PvP's loadout eventually be like Archwing?  (A subcategory that only appears when you click the Archwing button and run Archwing missions.)  Meaning, for example, if you are brand new to pvp you'll have the option of choosing from the three default frames and a handful of weapons forming the 'starter set' that only can be seen and used in PvP maps?  (Similar to MK weapons for PvE)  The PvP syndicate could even sell frames and weapons to expand your PvP arsenal which, again, would only work in PvP so it wouldn't be a way to game the system for PvE.

I know the patch is in the near future and this will not make it to that, but it's a suggestion for future iterations of it down the line and Around The Corner.

1. I can just about understand nerfing warframe powers for PvP, but I don't understand having different weapon stats for PvP.  If a weapon is too stronk for PvP, it's going to be too strong for PvE too.
Since this also duplicates work for DE, I would suggest rethinking this.

2. Keeping PvP fun is important, IMHO.  Keep matches short and don't allow communication with the other team.  Don't let players farm on bad players on the other team -- this is frustrating for their team and increases likelihood of flaming.  The 'levelling off AI opponents' mechanic works.
The more fun PvP is, the less that players will care about imbalance.

3. Rewards for PvP are currently very broken, with the system being unwieldy and almost inscrutable.  Rewards should be guaranteed if you join a match (and if you win, if you want to keep that system).  Arguably, losers should get some rewards too, because it's about fun remember?
There must be some reward for PvP at all times.  It should be less than is available for PvE (unless an alliance wants to pay you to fight for them).  The rewards should probably be based on level in order to be proportional to PvE rewards.

I've done a lot of consulting for game design so if you want any suggestions on eg implementation, you have my email address...

Edited by Fifield

This is just a lists of things i think should be considered for pvp,

matchmaking should be a skill based thing based on your stats during the game, for me i lack In the skill department and would like to play against people my skill level,

Interactable maps, using the hacking mechanic, use it to activate something on the map, open doors, locking doors, and or gaining acces to a sentry turret or camera ect

These are things i want

Arcade game modes, such as gun game from COD,

The ability to pick up dead players weapons (optional)

Atachments for weapons like a scope or a fire mode changer. (both pvp and pve)

First person mode, (its been a dream ever since i had a bug that made the game almost FPS)

PVP skins for weapons and warframes unlocked through PVP but can be used anywhere

If anything from this list make FPS a thing

Well this sounds like the right idea to let players test their skills against each other, rather than perfect builds relying on hard to obtain mods and exploiting powers designed for PVE.

I wonder how this will effect future outcome of rail conflicts?

Also the limitation of the weapons at the start might have the funny effect of seeing a lot of people actualy using the Lato(s) and Skana again, something long lost in PVE.

However this carefull balancing makes me wonder, how many people are working on PvP balancing compared to PvE?

Didn't Scott or Steve also mentioned the idea of players being able to obtain vaulted weapons for PvP only, including the "no go" Lato, Skana and Excalibur Prime?

Or do i remember that wrong?

Well that is very far from happening but one can dream right?

I would like to someday we had the chance since excalibur is my favorite...

Another thing i would like to be fixed is flying by a entire room just by your melee atack speed.

They really seem right to cover the distance of a entire room just for that?

Where is the skill?

This begs the question. Will the rebalance percolate throughout the rest of the

No.  PvP and PvE will and always have had separate balance.

But you cant deny Many PvE weapons need rebalencing. Some weapons are pretty much required for top tier gameplay (Soma, Boltor, etc) While others are just laughable past medium tier gameplay (Gorgon, Acrid, Machete, etc).

Edited by WorldWyrm

They have all the basics: assault rifle, pistols, shotgun, etc. But where is the sniper rifle? I prefer to see one of the sniper rifles included in this sooner rather than later. BTW the latron is NOT a sniper rifle. Its a battle rifle.

Also, how about some rewards for PvPing? How about whenever you kill a player they have a chance to drop a rare mod that can only be found in PvP? That would encourage PvE only people to at least try out PvP for a little bit. If for nothing else just to get the mods.

Edited by WorldWyrm

After reading the changes you plan for PVP 2.0, I am fairly certain that you know what you are doing, and have a good grasp of what is needed to be done for a true PVP experience. You have my trust, DE.

You see, PvE is about progression, PvP is about competition. One needs a sense of growth by stats and numbers, the other needs a sense of equality, so that the feeling of winning is derived from player skill, instead of gear. Warframe has incredible potential as a competitive game, as it's core mechanics are brilliant and reliant on skill.

What worries me is how the PvP will be implemented in the lore of the game, and how the players would be rewarded by PvP activities. To this end, I have a couple of suggestions:

1)From a story standpoint, I think it would be fitting to have the Corpus and the Grineer create arena fights for the tenno, where our famed ninja warriors would be restricted to using only certain modified frames and weapons given to them by their respective sponsors (Corpus or Grineer) as to maintain balance in the gladiatorial fights. I believe the return of the "Corpus Announcer" as a match narrator would be a very welcome addition, as well.

I must say that I heavily recommend the usage of these arenas from a lore perspective, since it will further imply the questionable nature of the Tenno as both mercenaries and as honored warriors: one day saving the galaxy from infested expansion, and the other gutting each other for fun and profit.

2)As for rewards, I believe that the reduction in credit pay has created a need for "credit farming", which, in my opinon, is stupid and dull. As a form of creating a competitive and fun atmosphere for PvP, I believe the arenas should give very hefty credit bonuses to the teams that win, with a small compensation to those who don't, thus encouraging the participation in PvP whilst reducing the need for dull farming.

Also, credits are an easily extinguishable resource, since so many things consume a truckload of credits nowadays, this creates a constant need for more and more credits. If the rewards relied on a static bonus once a set limit is reached (like the tactical alerts), or as a chance to get the thing you want (like the mods), once the person got the thing, he or she would have no incentive to keep playing PvP. Credits, however, are endless.

I also enjoy the idea of cosmetic rewards for PvP activities (skins, syadanas, etc): I know that people would go to extremes to get more bling.

Please DE, read this comment and think on it. It would make the game better.

(edit: expanded upon the second point.)

Edited by _Aecus

Predictions for this PvP. Weapons will be unbalanced at release with:

Boar Prime will slaughter anyone in close range

Braton Prime will be the all around go-to weapon

Latron Prime will be for the "Sniper" people

-------------------------------------------------------

Sicarus Prime  or Kunai will be only the viable choices for secondary the rest will remain utter garbage

---------------------------------------------------------

Bo Prime will be the only viable choice, all the other weapons are slow

as for frames,

I suspect these will be mostly balanced.

Most people will go for volt for capping

Excalibur for all around play

Mag will be for defense

Edited by 3thereal