Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Warframes, Mods And Weapons In Pvp 2.0

DE_Adam

So it seems apparent that you must have the weapon built and in your inventory to use in PvP or is the PvP loadout inventory set apart so that you have access to all of these and create a loadout that fits you rather than only using what you have built.

Another thing, will prime variants be available on Day 1? Not weapons because of their balancing but the Warframes, Excalibur Prime, Mag Prime, and Volt Prime?

Would like to know because the only Mag I have is Prime and I wanna make her my PvP gal.

wow, 

so i may not be able to play,

i have mag prime,

that's the closet i have of any of the frames listed,

and weaponwise,

i have boar prime,

that's it.

so i guess ill need to get excal or volt. or mag,

not sure if i can use my mag prime,

it doesn't say.

just sold my latron wraith as it was taking up a slot and i never use it too.

i like all the stuff in this,

but wow

never occurred to me that i wouldn't be able to play

without having to go grab tons of stuff to build

So it seems apparent that you must have the weapon built and in your inventory to use in PvP or is the PvP loadout inventory set apart so that you have access to all of these and create a loadout that fits you rather than only using what you have built.

Another thing, will prime variants be available on Day 1? Not weapons because of their balancing but the Warframes, Excalibur Prime, Mag Prime, and Volt Prime?

Would like to know because the only Mag I have is Prime and I wanna make her my PvP gal.

The screenshots have an Excalibur prime in them.

Boar is available in PvP... yet not available to get in the game (other than the ridiculous rhino pack)

Get ready for hate threads.

PS:

"affect", not "effect".

They'll probably put it back in the market :|

Boar prime isn't too hard to get too.

Edited by Aggh

i have to expirience that, after expiriencing it i can give feedback respectively i can say smth about, i cant think about smth which i didnt touch or feel :-)

means, the earlier u 16 is out, the better i feel about =))))))))

Edited by VOR73X

The list of Warfames, weapons and Mods is by no means comprehensive.  Other Warframes and weapons, Primes Included, can be introduced in the future -- adjusted properly for this new PvP environment.

Correct!  Any changes we make in PvP will not cross over into PvE.  These balances are intended for Tenno on Tenno combat.  There's no pulling punches when it's time to hit the Grineer!

But :C exalibur prime isnt even different nor is mag but oh well

A lot of people seem to be confused by this.

Your PvP loadout is different from your PvE one. I think that you will have Mag, Excalibur, and Volt in your PvP loadout even if you don't have those frames and any of the weapons listed in there. It also seems that if you have a Prime, Wraith, or Vandal varient of a weapon or frame you will be able to use that as a skin (going off of screen shots for this one).

Correct!  Any changes we make in PvP will not cross over into PvE.  These balances are intended for Tenno on Tenno combat.  There's no pulling punches when it's time to hit the Grineer!

GOOD.  

Seen too many games that introduce pvp that could cross over its rewards list into pve making games unbalanced.

What's the scope of PvP 2.0?

Do these changes apply just to solar rail conflicts, or will they affect all PvP?

I hope DE will leave conclave alone, or at least provide some sort of free-play arena. Sometime's it's fun to put on whatever silly gear you want to fight your equally ridiculously-equipped buddies.

Can't do "Everyone with unmodded Thrak Rhinos and Gorgons only" or "Everyone with max efficiency Zephyr/Valkyr, dive bombs/riplines only" in new enforced-balance PvP 2.0...

Well this sounds like the right idea to let players test their skills against each other, rather than perfect builds relying on hard to obtain mods and exploiting powers designed for PVE.

I wonder how this will effect future outcome of rail conflicts?

Also the limitation of the weapons at the start might have the funny effect of seeing a lot of people actualy using the Lato(s) and Skana again, something long lost in PVE.

However this carefull balancing makes me wonder, how many people are working on PvP balancing compared to PvE?

The list of Warfames, weapons and Mods is by no means comprehensive.  Other Warframes and weapons, Primes Included, can be introduced in the future -- adjusted properly for this new PvP environment.

Didn't Scott or Steve also mentioned the idea of players being able to obtain vaulted weapons for PvP only, including the "no go" Lato, Skana and Excalibur Prime?

Or do i remember that wrong?

Crits are random.  Randomness is the antithesis of balanced competition.  Start aiming for heads.  I'd guess that the sybaris and other precision weapons will have a better headshot multiplier.

I have a feeling headshots are gonna rarely happen since we move so fast. :P

Also there is no reason why DE should give some weapons a higher headshot multipler, because headshot=headshot - why should a headshot do more dmg than another headshot?

The next point is that headshots will also be 90% random. We are fast, you don't aim for the head if it is hard to hit the target himself. You aim at first for the target and if you hit the head, you had luck that you hit the head and nothing else. Only if you have more time than 1 sec to aim than you can aim for more - but Warframe is so fast that you will never have the time to aim longer than 1 sec, if you don't want to be an easy target.

Last but not least the most crit weapons depend on crits. If you remove crits, you will reduce the dps of such a weapon so significant that it will never be viable again. The other base stats of the weapons need to be also high (a Vectis is a crit weapon with dmn high dmg), if you want to continue to use this weapon.

And I don't know what happens now. Will they increase the stats of the crits weapons? Will they give us a nerfed crit back? Or will they do nothing now?

They are going to balance all weapons for PvP and I have to say that crits weapons will be underpowered if they leave them how they are but without crits. Where is the problem?

Edited by Feyangol

Also there is no reason why DE should give some weapons a higher headshot multipler, because headshot=headshot - why should a headshot do more dmg than another headshot?

The next point is that headshots will also be 90% random. We are fast, you don't aim for the head if it is hard to hit the target himself. You aim at first for the target and if you hit the head, you had luck that you hit the head nothing else. Only if you have more time than 1 sec to aim than you can aim for more - but Warframe is so fast that you will never have the time to aim longer than 1 sec, if you don't want to be an easy target.

Last but not least the most crit weapons depend on crits. If you remove crits, you will reduce the dps of such a weapon so significant that it will never viable again. The other base stats of the weapons need to be also high (a Vectis is a crit weapon with dmn high dmg), if you want to continue to use this weapon.

And I don't know what happens now. Will they increase the stats of the crits weapons? Will they give us a nerfed crit back? Or will they do nothing now?

They are going to balance all weapons for PvP and I have to say that crits weapons will be underpowered if they leave them how they are. Where is the problem?

Those weapons would have a higher headshot multiplier in order to reward aim and compensate for their lower dps.  Duh?  Are you new to video games or something?  This isn't a new concept we're speaking of.

Speak for yourself.  Plenty of games just as fast as warframe rely on headshots.  Most shooters have a ttk in the tenths of seconds.  People get on just fine aiming and killing in less than a second.

It looks like you got too comfortable in the bodyshot fest that the current pvp is.  Prepare to get rekt by people that can actually aim.

Edited by Aggh

Hopefully, it won't take long for Orthos to be added to the list, since that's the only weapon I use for conclave.

But I'm glad that at least Bo is being included in the first round. Really looking forward to it!

I just hope it doesn't get hidden deep within the Solar System, spread accross several nodes.

Having the ability to use variants of weapons at the standard balance level is a great idea.

Personally, I don't own a Braton, Latron or Paris, but I do have the prime variants

Being able to use these weapons means that I don't have to build/rank up lower level gear to participate in this content, and it also means that the balance team doesn't have to deal with people wanting prime/variants to be better when they would otherwise get put in.

I'm actually excited for this now.