Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Warframes, Mods And Weapons In Pvp 2.0

DE_Adam

now here is a problem you may run into, many people may only have the prime variants of the starting weapons for whatever reason and not have the vanilla counterparts, will that prevent them from joining into PVP 2.0? I only have the prime versions of both the Braton and Bo because in my early time of playing(two years ago) before I knew better I sold my Braton and never bothered to pick up the vanilla Bo because there were better melee weapons to get.

Primary Weapons:
• Braton
• Latron
• Paris
• Strun
• Boar

Wait. Boar is not obtainable any more. How do players that started playing after it was removed from market supposed to get it? (600 plat pack is not a solution)

Maybe you should make all Prime weapons be absolutely similar to regular counter parts. Mag Prime = Mag. Boar Prime = Boar. This way you don't need to waste slot for regular Mag and Boar unavailability is solved.

Edited by igo95862

So can i get a clarification? doe the changes in PVP 2.0 only affect what goes on in the new conclave missions or will it across the board affecting PVE too?

Allready answered by Adam on the first page in a second post.

Correct!  Any changes we make in PvP will not cross over into PvE.  These balances are intended for Tenno on Tenno combat.  There's no pulling punches when it's time to hit the Grineer!

So can i get a clarification? doe the changes in PVP 2.0 only affect what goes on in the new conclave missions or will it across the board affecting PVE too?

The PVP changes discussed in this effect this new PvP mode. I think existing conclave and dark sector mission will remain as is, for now. Unless I missed something.

Having said that, despite these new changes to balance being intended for PvP only, if the more skill based play proves popular enough I wouldn't be surprised if PvE would be on the table. Understand, that I mean if, if Pvp 2.0 more skill based action really takes off and is exceptionally popular, then why wouldn't some of those changes be considered for PvE? Taking in consideration the differences that exist between PvE and PvP, having a more skills based game, is not necessarily counter to the spirit of Warframe PvE.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Primary Weapons:

• Braton

• Latron

• Paris

• Strun

• Boar

Wait. Boar is not obtainable any more. How do players that started playing after it was removed from market supposed to get it? (600 plat pack is not a solution)

Maybe you should make all Prime weapons be absolutely similar to regular counter parts. Mag Prime = Mag. Boar Prime = Boar. This way you don't need to waste slot for regular Mag and Boar unavailability is solved.

Variations of each weapon are also permitted, although it's wise to keep in mind that changes may be made to any PvP weapon in the interest of balance and fair play.
Edited by Tails-san

All in all, from what DE has shared regarding PvP balance, it seems it's coming along very well. Or at least I am very pleased to see how they are shaping things up.

Even though I don't particularly care for PvP anymore, I used to be an advent Unreal Tournament player and a bit of CS, so I can appreciate the efforts made for those that still do.

Now here's to hoping you guys manage to stay on top of the Frame/Weapons balance side of things ;)

All in all, from what DE has shared regarding PvP balance, it seems it's coming along very well. Or at least I am very pleased to see how they are shaping things up.

Even though I don't particularly care for PvP anymore, I used to be an advent Unreal Tournament player and a bit of CS, so I can appreciate the efforts made for those that still do.

Now here's to hoping you guys manage to stay on top of the Frame/Weapons balance side of things ;)

Ardent, but I know what you meant. And yes, DE's Unreal Tournament pedigree is worth noting. I too am not much of a PvP player, but skill based play is certainly welcome.

While I understand the approach and see the intended goal the restriction to this minimal set of weapons and warframes seems to weigh heavy. I really was looking forward to a PvP / capture the flag gamemode and even thought it might be able to add something that I felt would fit in perfectly while also offering something that is being played for fun and not the grind. Sadly I have to realize that those huge restrictions and the divergence between PvE and PvP might draw me away from PvP again - even though I wanted it in the game more than anything else right now.

I wonder if it really wasnt possible to just add a few PvP maps and modes and give us the freedom to play warframe the way we know it - with all our gear, mods and frames and looks in teams against each other and add a proper ballance where neccessary and appropriate over time. Matchmaking could have offered options to ensure fair geared teams ( e.g. MR, Mod rating 2.0, Conclave rating 2.0 which is overdue anyways, etc ). Sure there would have been complaints about ballance but those are part of PvP and arent neccessarily a bad thing - those would have been a great opportunity to improve ballance threwout the whole ( including PvE ) game over time instead of now having to ballance out two completly different game modes doubling the effort required.

Again PvP will be its own thing and I fear I will not feel like adopting to it because I like warframes the way they work and like to know what a weapon does instead of being forced into a small completely different gear / mod subset.

Procs / Mods / Crit / Abilities / Energy - anything is basically abandoned and will work completly different in PvP ? Is everything in game really so unballanced that basically any in game mechanic had to be abandoned to get PvP working ? ( BTW anything that is unballanced can also be used on the opposing team - which in a way makes it ballanced again until a PvP ballancing team has ballanced it out. Maps could feature something like a chamber to change loadouts during a battle to adopt to situations so that anything overpowered could be countered ).

Another thing that crossed my mind is : As I mentioned above I was looking forward to a gamemode that finally would be a part of the game that some might play for fun only without a neccessity to grind - maybe even to take a break from it. Is the new mod system something that maybe is supposed to prevent this from happening ? There mustnt be a gamemode that works without grind ? There really have to be PvP specific mods so that even that gamemode becomes a grind ? Oh and what about ballance with regards to those - people who have them wont have an advantage over those who dont have them ( which leads back to the things that would have had to be changed for a more in line PvP adoption - e.g. mod rating 2.0, see above ) ?

Well those are only some things that bother me - the downsides aside I am looking forward to see how this new PvP mode pans out.

Edit : Someone mentioned crits shouldnt be part of PvP - dont certain types of damage have different effects on a body ? A slow heavy bullet for example most likely has a higher probability ( chance ) to do severe ( critical ) damage to an organ ( warframe ) than a small fast moving projectile ( which such a weapon will compensate for threw higher fire rate ). Its a matter of ballance and not denial. There is no neccessity to seperate PvP and PvE ballance if it is done right. Crit chance and crit damage result in DPS which has to be ballanced - headshots are the way to get more damage threw skill no matter if it is a crit or non crit weapon. Both are seperate and equally viable mechanics.

Edited by AdFinitum

While I understand the approach and see the intended goal the restriction to this minimal set of weapons and warframes seems to weigh heavy. I really was looking forward to a PvP / capture the flag gamemode and even thought it might be able to add something that I felt would fit in perfectly while also offering something that is being played for fun and not the grind. Sadly I have to realize that those huge restrictions and the divergence between PvE and PvP might draw me away from PvP again - even though I wanted it in the game more than anything else right now.

I wonder if it really wasnt possible to just add a few PvP maps and modes and give us the freedom to play warframe the way we know it - with all our gear, mods and frames and looks in teams against each other and add a proper ballance where neccessary and appropriate over time. Matchmaking could have offered options to ensure fair geared teams ( e.g. MR, Mod rating 2.0, Conclave rating 2.0 which is overdue anyways, etc ). Sure there would have been complaints about ballance but those are part of PvP and arent neccessarily a bad thing - those would have been a great opportunity to improve ballance threwout the whole ( including PvE ) game over time instead of now having to ballance out two completly different game modes doubling the effort required.

Again PvP will be its own thing and I fear I will not feel like adopting to it because I like warframes the way they work and like to know what a weapon does instead of being forced into a small completely different gear / mod subset.

Procs / Mods / Crit / Abilities / Energy - anything is basically abandoned and will work completly different in PvP ? Is everything in game really so unballanced that basically any in game mechanic had to be abandoned to get PvP working ? ( BTW anything that is unballanced can also be used on the opposing team - which in a way makes it ballanced again until a PvP ballancing team has ballanced it out. Maps could feature something like a chamber to change loadouts during a battle to adopt to situations so that anything overpowered could be countered ).

Another thing that crossed my mind is : As I mentioned above I was looking forward to a gamemode that finally would be a part of the game that some might play for fun only without a neccessity to grind - maybe even to take a break from it. Is the new mod system something that maybe is supposed to prevent this from happening ? There mustnt be a gamemode that works without grind ? There really have to be PvP specific mods so that even that gamemode becomes a grind ? Oh and what about ballance with regards to those - people who have them wont have an advantage over those who dont have them ( which leads back to the things that would have had to be changed for a more in line PvP adoption - e.g. mod rating 2.0, see above ) ?

Well those are only some things that bother me - the downsides aside I am looking forward to see how this new PvP mode pans out.

Edit : Someone mentioned crits shouldnt be part of PvP - dont certain types of damage have different effects on a body ? A slow heavy bullet for example most likely has a higher probability ( chance ) to do severe ( critical ) damage to an organ ( warframe ) than a small fast moving projectile ( which such a weapon will compensate for threw higher fire rate ). Its a matter of ballance and not denial. There is no neccessity to seperate PvP and PvE ballance if it is done right. Crit chance and crit damage result in DPS which has to be ballanced - headshots are the way to get more damage threw skill no matter if it is a crit or non crit weapon. Both are seperate and equally viable mechanics.

Ok, quick run though they are paid mmoney our money to figure out how to get this done they tried to do it piece by piece it was about a month then people got mad at it more cuz what is good and Over powered one day is trash the next.

Think of it as a training session with other tenno and that we are holding back to be a practice combat.

Ok, quick run though they are paid mmoney our money to figure out how to get this done they tried to do it piece by piece it was about a month then people got mad at it more cuz what is good and Over powered one day is trash the next.

Think of it as a training session with other tenno and that we are holding back to be a practice combat.

Well, mods, ranks and abilities are most of the mix that makes "warframe" at this moment, and has made it since it was released. They are trying to take that away, or lower its impact considerably, and trying to make it more "competitive". Hopefully they also revamped the recoil and improved the model positioning in the camera and crosshair to have more visibility for flick shots and precise aiming in general. Otherwise, I would be hard pressed to believe people will find that TPS "competitive" bland mode attractive, since the awesome flashy build you already have wont carry over, and, when there are FPS options that offer more consistency, with better recoil and shooting patterns, with dedicated servers and a much higher skill ceiling than warframe. We'll see what it brings.

Edited by nms64

Sounds like some good stuff going on there – I do have one question niggling at me though. Will we be able to play private matches with up to 7 friends? Since the new conclave system seems to be tied into progressing through a new syndicate, being able to play against people you know and can coordinate with would be exploitable – but it'd be a great shame if we didn't have the option to play against our friends as well as with them.

Several games I've played allow you to set up private matches that don't reward you with the points you'd get from playing publicly (Nosgoth, Loadout etc), will Warframe be going down a similar route?

Can the market rotation for the credit weapons be some that are available in pvp, and can you make a frame for credits? Because I don't wanna have to wait 12 hours for whenever it comes out.

Build them now? I don't understand what your issue is - we've been told what equipment will be available well in advance so that those of us who don't have these armaments can prepare accordingly.

You propose a complicated solution to a fairly simple "problem". 

Edited by Gale47

The list of Warfames, weapons and Mods is by no means comprehensive.  Other Warframes and weapons, Primes Included, can be introduced in the future -- adjusted properly for this new PvP environment.

I can see the issue as with others that ive sold any weapons ive maxed out that i have prime versions of. It would be good if the Dev team could add prime weapons in but make the stats the same as originals (also as having prime versions may be a balance issue.)

The article states:  "In other words, in PvP 2.0 players take survival into their own hands instead of relying on more health or armor than an opponent thanks to Mods."

Why not go the distance and get the clunk out of the movement mechanics?  Let Warframes respond completely to player input.  Let Warframes move fast and freely at top speed while performing all actions especially shooting.  If PvP is really going to be skill based then the player has to have complete control, otherwise it's not the player that's being tested, it's the machine.  For it to be skill based, the player would have to be the one to make the choice in trading off their natural ability to aim versus their movement speed.  If the game forces the player to slow down to shoot or aim then the game is forcing the player into greater natural accuracy because it's easier to aim when not moving.  Aim and movement speed are inversely proportional and it takes skill to aim while moving fast.    There is no skill in auto pilot.

Edited by ThePresident777

Build them now? I don't understand what your issue is - we've been told what equipment will be available well in advance so that those of us who don't have these armaments can prepare accordingly.

You propose a complicated solution to a fairly simple "problem". 

No they said "The following is a short list of some weapons that are being permitted at launch in this PvP 2.0 overhaul". That was what I was trying to address, for the newer players on PC who don't have as much expendable income.