Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Warframes, Mods And Weapons In Pvp 2.0

DE_Adam

Predictions for this PvP. Weapons will be unbalanced at release with:

Boar Prime will slaughter anyone in close range

Braton Prime will be the all around go-to weapon

Latron Prime will be for the "Sniper" people

-------------------------------------------------------

Sicarus Prime  or Kunai will be only the viable choices for secondary the rest will remain utter garbage

---------------------------------------------------------

Bo Prime will be the only viable choice, all the other weapons are slow

as for frames,

I suspect these will be mostly balanced.

Most people will go for volt for capping

Excalibur for all around play

Mag will be for defense

Sicarus or Kunai?

Lol nope.

It will be the Dex Furis.

So we will have a Excal/LatronP/DexFuris/BoPrime tryhard build :D .

But you cant deny Many PvE weapons need rebalencing. Some weapons are pretty much required for top tier gameplay (Soma, Boltor, etc) While others are just laughable past medium tier gameplay (Gorgon, Acrid, Machete, etc).

PvE weapon balance has gotten a hell of a lot more attention than PvP weapon balance.  There has been a complete overhaul of the damage system for PvE and multiple weapon group rebalances while PvP weapon balance has ridden on the coat tails of PvE balance despite how little sense that made.

Edited by Aggh

-snip-

They mention, long long ago, that balancing in PvP would not have any impact on the PvE. But this was when they still said that PvP was just there and would not compromise the PvE as this was a PvE game. Now that PvP is going to be a proper part of the game, who knows. 

I made that comment before [DE]Adam's official response. I followed with the question of, if the new skill based PvP should prove to be very successful and popular, would it not make sense to consider some of those changes for PvE.

So basically, Warframe PvP 2.0 will be what Warframe as a game should have been from the start(challenging fun), instead of the brainless DPS optimization grind-fest that it is currenlt in PvE...

Might be worth playing when it all rolls out.

Although the amount of work put into adding another(4th? 5th?) separate game into Warframe could have been better spent making all the scattered bits of a great game already floating about into some form of a cohesive experience.

You should make 2 different PvP styles with one being the new PvP style with all the other PvP game mode but for the people that enjoyed the current PvP style let them continue on playing the same PvP that they have known since PvP came out.

Edited by NGTZombieman11

You should make 2 different PvP styles with one being the new PvP style with all the other PvP game mode but for the people that enjoyed the current PvP style let them continue on playing the same PvP that they have know since PvP came out.

That would be nice (mostly because I formaed a lot of my weapons for conclave. :P ).

Oh baby can't wait to kill everything with my 6 forma'd Lato. Things just got real.

The mods and stuff are gonna be restricted, and the damage is getting a rework. I wouldn't be surprised if your 6 forma Lato doesn't preform how you want it to.

You should make 2 different PvP styles with one being the new PvP style with all the other PvP game mode but for the people that enjoyed the current PvP style let them continue on playing the same PvP that they have know since PvP came out.

No. Splitting the player base when you're trying to rebuild a system from the ground up is a very bad idea.

The mods and stuff are gonna be restricted, and the damage is getting a rework. I wouldn't be surprised if your 6 forma Lato doesn't preform how you want it to.

They've said in live streams that weapons would only have their default polarizations for PvP.

Edited by Aggh

No. Splitting the player base when you're trying to rebuild a system from the ground up is a very bad idea.

But the majority of the people I talk to that likes PvP says that there is a big chance that they will stop playing Warframe after this PvP 2.0 is out. They said that PvP is the only thing keeping them around That's even including me. PvE is just all the same and get boring fast after playing it for a while.

But the majority of the people I talk to that likes PvP says that there is a big chance that they will stop playing Warframe after this PvP 2.0 is out. They said that PvP is the only thing keeping them around That's even including me. PvE is just all the same and get boring fast after playing it for a while.

They cant say that until they've tried it, and may I ask what they dislike about 2.0 compared to the current pvp?

Something Else I wanted to say as about weapon variations. Wouldn't the best option with these is for them to be completely identical to their originals when it comes to stats? This for one thing would make it more fair and balanced so no one will feel as if they have a disadvantage having a prime/wraith/vandal version. + I really dont want to waste a weapon slot to get a weapon I will only use in pvp.

Edited by LordAn6r3

I sincerely doubt that the majority of players that have put a decent amount of time into PvP would not like to see it completely reworked.  If anyone should truly know how completely and utterly broken it is, it's them.  People who actually want to keep playing that broken version of the game are most likely a tiny minority of the player base.

Thats what they said about WF staying a PvE game..

They never actually said that.  Steve was talking about at least adding dueling since beginning of cbt.

Edited by Aggh

I sincerely doubt that the majority of players that have put a decent amount of time into PvP would not like to see it completely reworked.  If anyone should truly know how completely and utterly broken it is, it's them.  People who actually want to keep playing that broken version of the game are most likely a tiny minority of the player base.

I Know its broken but still I much rather play the current PvP than the new one because I worked hard to get the weapons I have now and if they become restricted and not be able to use them then all that hard work will be for nothing. And also I'm sure i'm not the only one to spend money on the game for Forma or Reactors "Potatos" and use them on their weapons for PvP.

They cant say that until they've tried it, and may I ask what they dislike about 2.0 compared to the current pvp?

Something Else I wanted to say as about weapon variations. Wouldn't the best option with these is for them to be completely identical to their originals when it comes to stats? This for one thing would make it more fair and balanced so no one will feel as if they have a disadvantage having a prime/wraith/vandal version. + I really dont want to waste a weapon slot to get a weapon I will only use in pvp.

A lot of my friends only play pvp unless they need some credits or resources and mods. They dont like how they will be restricted to certain mods warframes and warpons. The warframe That I use is the Rhino and for my weapons I use the Snipetron Vandal and Tipedo. And also no game will ever be balanced even if nerf all of the primes vandals and other weapon variations the game will still  be unfair do to the people that has more money being able to buy platinum and having the best things in the game that they can get.

I Know its broken but still I much rather play the current PvP than the new one because I worked hard to get the weapons I have now and if they become restricted and not be able to use them then all that hard work will be for nothing. And also I'm sure i'm not the only one to spend money on the game for Forma or Reactors "Potatos" and use them on their weapons for PvP.

"Hard work" is not worth breaking balance.  It's your problem that you felt the need to pay to win (especially on forma since they are so ridiculously easy to get that it makes no sense to waste plat on them).

And also no game will ever be balanced even if nerf all of the primes vandals and other weapon variations the game will still  be unfair do to the people that has more money being able to buy platinum and having the best things in the game that they can get.

This is utter nonsense.  Weapons variants will most likely have the same damage stats or be even worse compared to normal versions of weapons.  The vast majority of weapons can be gotten with relative ease and the easier to attain weapons will probably be given priority towards being phased into pvp.

Edited by Aggh

This is utter nonsense.  Weapons variants will most likely have the same damage stats or be even worse compared to normal versions of weapons.  The vast majority of weapons can be gotten with relative ease and the easier to attain weapons will probably be given priority towards being phased into pvp.

There is no reason to make weapon variants worser than their normal versions and DE never said something like this.

That they should have similar stats makes sense but not worser stats.

Edited by Feyangol

There is no reason to make weapon variants worser than their normal versions and DE never said something like this.

That they should have similar stats makes sense but not worser stats.

From the dev post:

Variations of each weapon are also permitted, although it's wise to keep in mind that changes may be made to any PvP weapon in the interest of balance and fair play. An unwieldy weapon with good stats is no match for a gun you know and trust.

The dev post only says that the prime/wraith/vandal/whatever version won't stay the same like in pve, not that they will be worser than their normal versions.

Do you not understand the meaning of unwieldy?  This most likely means higher recoil/spread.  Depending on the ttk and the general pace of gameplay in PvP 2.0, this could most definitely mean that some variants would be worse.

Edited by Aggh