The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea/suggestion] Ash - Blade Storm Ability Reimagined.

StarScribe

So you want to increase Ash's  damage by staying stealth, creating 2 clones to deal the most effective damage in all the game to a ton of enemies and all of this while you can also dish out a lot of damage with your weapons ...... all of which happens while you are almost untouchable.

NO!  ... this is not a balancing suggestion .... this would make Ash OP ...... 

By the way .... I play Ash .... a lot ..... and I don't want it to be OP.

Edited by nekrojiji

So you want to increase Ash's  damage by staying stealth, creating 2 clones to deal the most effective damage in all the game to a ton of enemies and all of this while you can also dish out a lot of damage with your weapons ...... all of which happens while you are almost untouchable.

NO!  ... this is not a balancing suggestion .... this would make Ash OP ...... 

so when somebody denies this idea being a nerf, you claim that its actually a buff, you are more than happy with this viable p4tw mechanic, arent you?

Edited by rockscl

so when somebody denies this idea being a nerf, you claim that its actually a buff, you are more than happy with this viable p4tw mechanic, arent you?

if the created immersion caused BS to become stupidly OP it wouldnt help anything, it would still be spammed non stop more so than it already is. having two clones run around that dont care about armor, while youre invisible and can shoot? it would be insanity as far as dishing damage goes. imagine blade storming but still being able to shoot a boltor prime. thats madness 

I totally agree... that Bladestorm should remain unchanged.

When you think about it, the change suggested is quite small actually; only about controling one of the clones and performing those awesome wrist blades attack manually, while other clones work on their own. Trouble is... it really looks like Hysteria, and maybe a small mix of Mesa' ult (forgot the name), so it will remove a bit of Ash's original feeling and personality. Also, it will be VERY difficult to aim at targets when there is a crowd of mobs running like beheaded chickens among covers and allies, reducing overall effectiveness of the ability. Or you can do it Mesa's way and hit frenetically E to trigger attacks, without any aiming. But again, it will just make Ash look like "another frame", and loosing its specific gameplay. Don't forget that part of Warframe greatness is to propose very different approach of the same situations depending on the frame you choose, so I really think we should not try to adapt some frame mechanics (here, hysteria) to another frame.

It deserves only visual tweaks, as it still seems "unfinished" to me; camera angle and all of the visual stuff is still the same from the time when there was only one Ash performing BS and no clones. I would be happy to see a bit of polishing, like turn holograms into actual clones (yes, as it was for the first rework) and tweak camera angle so that we can see all of the three characters when they performs their attacks.

But I really feel the general mechanics and damage (clones, no control, head spinning around, damage ignore) should remain as they are.

if the created immersion caused BS to become stupidly OP it wouldnt help anything, it would still be spammed non stop more so than it already is. having two clones run around that dont care about armor, while youre invisible and can shoot? it would be insanity as far as dishing damage goes. imagine blade storming but still being able to shoot a boltor prime. thats madness 

im curious now, none of those concerns are compatible in the OP´s idea, why are you talking about that?

Escapes with cheap invulnurability periods are cheap... Ash is to "cool" for dat :D Ash is as close to a real ninja as it gets, dont see why players who play him and realise that would need such things to survive. :|

Speed and agility... smoke screen to stun enemies, and teleport away in the confusion. Besides, clones would draw enemy attention away from you anyways, if you read one of the points I made in the OP.

.wut?

you speak wise words sir. i dont think nerfing any frame is really a smart way to move, not with how many other things in this game don't work.and i hate when people refer to anyone as an ash fanboy or a loki fanboys, i mean yea we're fans but if someone started trying to change the frame you love in a drastic way you'd probably go off too! its just the way popularity and support works. but as i said earlier in the thread, there is a way to satisfy both parties in this argument. a while designed augment will do wonders for this whole debate on BS

I agree. When it comes to your favorite frame and you become very accustomed to playing with them in a very particular way, it can indeed feel a bit threatening when others want the frame changed in a dramatic way. I can understand why others would scream "don't nerf him!!!" reflexively, but I think there are just as many open minded Ash fans such as yourself, that can appreciate changes of they are done properly.

So you want to increase Ash's damage by staying stealth, creating 2 clones to deal the most effective damage in all the game to a ton of enemies and all of this while you can also dish out a lot of damage with your weapons ...... all of which happens while you are almost untouchable.

NO! ... this is not a balancing suggestion .... this would make Ash OP ......

Not necessarily. Granted, I do think there are a few needed tweaks for the OP's proposal to prevent BS from being insanely op. I think if DE considers making such changes, there is a plethora of things they could do to prevent it from being OP while still maintaining the spirit of this proposed revision. The OP is not the first Tenno to suggest that BS is reworked into something more similar to Hysteria and I think that, being the only other melee-focused Frame that has it's own built-in weapons, it would be a logical revision. Again though, my support of this idea does not necessarily mean I actually want BS to be changed, but rather it means that if DE decided to reimagine BS, I'd like it to be something similar to this.

im curious now, none of those concerns are compatible in the OP´s idea, why are you talking about that?

so the OP suggested allowing Ash to cast a circular area in which the clones are free to attack and essentially kill as they wish, you can enter the circle if you wish and take on special characteristics, such as utilizing arm blades. however they way the OP worded this made it seem as though you do not need to enter the circle and can do whatever you wish and let the clones kill, imagine casting your murder room (though i do like this idea actually reminds me of the Ope Ope no Mi from One Piece if there are any fans here lol) and letting your clones wreck a group of enemies while you turn around and unload a magazine on another group of enemies. if i am wrong and this is not how OP's suggestion works, then i apologize, but its current wording seems like it would create an ability that while cool in theory would be devastating 

the OP's post is not perfect, however a few tweaks could make it great, but id like to reiterate that i do not think BS needs a rework in the first place, nor i think it's OP or anything like that. i just think if this argument is continue to come up, we need to work towards something instead of being at each others throats 

Edited by JayGideon1