The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Nullifiers: Just What We Need

420degreequicksopeswag

I like it. But give them a really nice rare drop. An infested roller nullifier. If you kill it with out breaking the shield, the shield stays up until you break it. And it spam bots your email if it kills you to remind you to buy more plat and get gud.

But for real how about a switch telliport ancient instead of the silly hook?

Little tip dude, you can melee the bubble. Valkyr is still god.

That's very difficult to actually do without stepping inside.... which instantly collapses hysteria... which instantly kills valk in most situations.

viable option either rapid fire guns 

Yeah, so if it's bullet-permeable, rapidfire guns are still the best option as you can readily mow them down as if they're any other enemy, and any enemies clustering inside are just that much easier to kill. "Shooting fish in a barrel". With a machine gun.

As all most players do is grab the latest meta machine gun and shoot everything in sight, all nulls would do is make the game MUCH easier for them. There's no reason for the game to be heavily weighted towards machine guns, and your idea would make it even-more-so than it is now.

You know what would make these enemies really awesome?  Long invincibility frames, and a tiny weak spot when it's not invincible.  I also wonder if this enemy could use massive flat damage reduction on top of that, so it doesn't get shredded by rapid fire weapons in .01 seconds.

That's very difficult to actually do without stepping inside.... which instantly collapses hysteria... which instantly kills valk in most situations.

Yeah, so if it's bullet-permeable, rapidfire guns are still the best option as you can readily mow them down as if they're any other enemy, and any enemies clustering inside are just that much easier to kill. "Shooting fish in a barrel". With a machine gun.

As all most players do is grab the latest meta machine gun and shoot everything in sight, all nulls would do is make the game MUCH easier for them. There's no reason for the game to be heavily weighted towards machine guns, and your idea would make it even-more-so than it is now.

I know, but my dread is pretty useless against it because of that - and even if the lack of a snowglobe bubble WOULD still make machineguns more effective against them, at least it would push players to use them. Better that one thing be powerful but all things viable than try to balance that one thing and everything else fall flat.

Sorry nullifiers as they are now are broken.

Unit which can block bullets, powers, have decent weaponry and moves as fast as other units despite additional equipment. It simply doesnt have weak sides and still spawns as often as normal units.

I like the idea of enemy which can block our powers, but i really hate how they handled nullifiers.

Edited by Davoodoo

I stopped reading after that :

The corrupted and corpus nullifiers are working out GREAT, and after searching through the forums, it appears the community is also in support of these new captains of game balance and fun.

Pretty sure we're not talking about the same nullifiers, community and forums...

The majority says they suck and kill the fun. Not the other way around. Wake up mate.

They make 3 or more unit types irrelevant because they wear too many hats.

They take away a huge chunk of gameplay options from the players' hands. Which, if you need clarification, is never a good idea in any game.

They are a very poor attempt/Epic Fail at preventing "ult spam", nothing more.

We don't want any other unit of this type. Because they KILL this game. Warframe is dying and being replaced by WarGUNS, more of this BS will only accelerate the process.

We really need a downvote option...

Pretty sure we're not talking about the same nullifiers, community and forums...

The majority says they suck and kill the fun. Not the other way around. Wake up mate.

They take away a huge chunk of gameplay options from the players' hands. Which, if you need clarification, is never a good idea in any game.

We don't want any other unit of this type. Because they KILL this game. Warframe is dying and being replaced by WarGUNS, more of this BS will only accelerate the process.

Whoah! Actually someone, that does not like the way Waframe is heading, who isn't me! Is this my best dream?

Why do we need Infested nullifiers when so many Energy Leech / Parasitic Eximus Infested drains our energy away?

Many players don't like to play endless Infested mission anymore.

Currently, we have:

Swarm-Mutalist MOA, who blocks your vision a lot.

Tar-Mutalist MOA, who slows you a lot.

Energy Leech / Parasitic Eximus who drains your energy a lot.

Ancients with annoying hooks and damage reduction aura.

Adding Infested nullifiers would make players dislike Infested mission even more. If Infested nullifiers are added to the game, players will never play Infested mission again unless it offers Catalyst.

Edited by yles9056

Playsyles and weapons...? I get the playstyle system, but weapons? Nullfiers don't limit weapons... I mean, if you're talking about the whole rapid fire nonsense, that's full of crap. The bubbles have a damage threshold that is determined by (you guessed it) how much damage you do. My latron prime breaks through it just fine. And yeah, it's a bandaid, but you come up with a better idea that won't make most of the goddamn playerbase rage all over these forums.

Currently Corrupted Nullifier limit slow/hard hitting weapons. A fast ROF weapon can drop a Nullifer Bubble much much faster then a slow hard hitting weapon.

Example I and drop a Nullifier bubble with an un-ranked/un-modded Soma Prime faster than with a max rank/modded Paris Prime.

don't the infested have already worse than the nullifier... Something like the 10 energie sucker with the 20 ancient the boost their defense,the bees moa, the fart osprey and of course the little maggot that slow you down.

The sarcasm is lost on you

Edit: Its lost on most of you

Edited by KingMe42

Great suggestions, however, i think a power & firearm reflection shield would bring something refreshing and new to the table that we haven't seen so far. The entertainment value is limitless!

This is actually a VERY GOOD idea.

On second thought, guns are also stupidly overpowered. As with powers, i dare say they must be brought in line.

+1

This gives me an idea.

Ammo leech eximus: drains 25% of your maximum ammo each second.

Loki eximus: Permanently disarms all tenno, forcing them to use melee.

This would also rebalance weapons. Auto weapons would get the buff they need. If you accidentally shoot yourself, you might survive.

If you use a strong, one shot weapon, you will most likely kill yourself with the weapon reflection shield.

Finally, sniper rifles and bows will be nerfed.

The corrupted and corpus nullifiers are working out GREAT, and after searching through the forums, it appears the community is also in support of these new captains of game balance and fun.

So, with the success of nullifiers in the void and corpus tilesets, I would also like to think the community, myself included, would very much appreciate the addition of infested nullifiers. It would help reduce the power spammage and give the infested chargers, leapers, crawlers, etc. the ability to not die in .0000000001 seconds.

-In addition to the instant power nullification inside the bubble, i would also like to see a rapid, maybe instant energy drain.

-Make them spawn very often, maybe as often as chargers.

-Give them hooks like the ancients

-Give them lots of crowd control

-Make sure their attacks bypass shields

-Make them fast

-Make them small, maybe like the mutalist osprey

How about it? Let's help make fighting the infested a more pleasurable and balanced experience and support this change.

Edit:

THIS IS NOT A SARCASTIC TROLL POST, for those wondering

Yeah, yeah!!!! Ohh... umm, and make them poisonous and do the fire AoE thing...... and give them snowglobe!