The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Skills Need To Get Rid Of Pinpoint Accuracy And Target Limit

Shimonoki_Ryuji

Teleport could be a bit more forgiving targeting-wise...

Not much, but some.

Right now it seems to have less range than BS, has a tendency to get the player turned around, and won't teleport to as much stuff as it used to.

BladeStorm should be left alone...

It took long enough just to get buffs to Shuriken and Bladestorm... Asking for more buffs or easier mechanics to a skill they did right by is asking for trouble.

As an Ash main, I actually don't mind the aim required for Teleport. For me personally, it feels more satisfying stringing them together in quick succession. However, that is not to say that I don't think that Teleport should have a free aiming function. Simply have it to where a pinpointed Teleport is required for staggering enemies and setting up finishers, while still having the ability to Teleport wherever you want freely. Although, the issue will quickly arise with free aimed Teleport, as players will abuse it like there's no tomorrow. Perhaps for balance purposes give the non-aimed Teleports a 3 or more second cool-down time between uses with a visible timer, and leave the normal aimed Teleport as is.

Another issue that really needs to be addressed with Teleport is the fact that stairs are apparently Teleport's worst enemies. Not to mention other odd obstacles that shouldn't affect LoS yet still give you an "Invalid Target" message.

With Bladestorm, I think it's fine the way it is. As many others have said already, requiring precise aiming gives it at least some balance, considering how powerful the ability already is.

As for Free Teleport, yes please. This has been requested by the community many times, and now that Itzal uses the exact mechanic we have been asking for, DE has no excuse.

As for no target to Bladestorm, no. Bladestorm is riding the OP line (riding, it has not crossed), removing the target limit would be... bad... if it was pasted on to the current Bladestorm. In my dream world Bladestorm would be reworked to be a mash up of Valkyr's Hysteria and the current Bladestorm. As an Ash player, Bladestorm is just boring (for me). I would love to be able to have input on Ash's rage and have it be less "press 4 to win".

Just for the sake of conversation... Make Bladestorm an energy drain ability. When active, ash equips his blades and can freely run around and stab enemies simpler to Valkyr's Hysteria. During this time, Ash would not have any damage reduction, but would have unlimited stamina and a decent movement speed boost. The blades themselves would scale in damage similar to Valkyr's (scale with equipped melee) and have the innate 100% bleed proc. The final part (and most important/useful part) of Bladestorm is when you fire on an enemy. It basically has the exact same effect as the current Bladestorm has, but at a massively reduced range and a max target count of only five-ish.

So... Bladestorm would be less "press 4 to win" as you have to actively input movement and can possibly scale with skill.

I have a feeling that I am going to get some flames for that idea.

Teleport is Ash's best skill ..... 

Why do you need Teleport to transport you from place to place when you have Coptering, Wall-fling and Jump slash to do that?

I need teleport to go to a specific enemy so I can cut the hell out of that enemy for tons of damage!

Edited by nekrojiji