Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

I'm having a good time making fun of the stuff you guys get mad about lol. If anyone is cancerous around here it's you guys, halting progress and innovation with your silly complaints.

When Tails is in charge, all problems will be fixed quickly and without regret, a utopia for sane and reasonable players. Vote Tails for prez!

*flexes sinewy lady muscles*

Implementing ineffective systems to halt progress and disrupt already established game types is hardly what I'd call "progress" or "innovation". 

But oh well, keep sucking on DE's teat, maybe someday you'll be rewarded with half-intelligent game design

The current implementation of the AFK system is clearly and unequivocally broken. There are pages and pages of legitimate player being erroneously tagged as AFK in missions. This is clearly a problem that needs to be fixed in better why, largely the debate is how to fix it.

My ideas are well known and more in line with other games that use an automated AFK detection systems. Using movement alone for AFK detection was a quick and easy why for them to attack a problem but it's deeply flawed in its conception.

Base Detection on interaction with the environment and objects within the environment within a 5 minutes.

Example: Doing Damage with any Primary/Secondary/Melee Weapon or Player-Aimed (Non-Radial) ability (Example List: Smite, Fireball, Freeze, Shock, Ballistic Battery, Venom, ect...)

That is pretty much the same as my thought. Just something that checks more along the lines of being active but not necessarily moving a lot from point to point. Camp prevention is only really viable in PvP so a sniper or otherwise "turret" player is not really a problem in PvE, and in defense mission you tend to need people staying around a spot and protecting the defense object. As I've read these people lose rewards even though they are actively fulfilling the objective, just rotating at a single point mostly.

That is pretty much the same as my thought. Just something that checks more along the lines of being active but not necessarily moving a lot from point to point. Camp prevention is only really viable in PvP so a sniper or otherwise "turret" player is not really a problem in PvE, and in defense mission you tend to need people staying around a spot and protecting the defense object. As I've read these people lose rewards even though they are actively fulfilling the objective, just rotating at a single point mostly.

When I am playing my Frost in T4 doing 40-60minute missions I have to cast Snow Globe every 4 seconds for the invulnerability and still shoot enemies. Especially at the later waves there is no time other then between waves to move at all. We relies heavily on Duracell-Trinity or Team Restore Plates for Energy/Ammo.

However it has happened several times where I have been flagged AFK even thought I was killing enemies just seconds before the end of the wave. I play with a girl has been flagged AFK in missions because *gasp* it takes longer then 2 minutes for a lot of women to use the bathroom.

When I am playing my Frost in T4 doing 40-60minute missions I have to cast Snow Globe every 4 seconds for the invulnerability and still shoot enemies. Especially at the later waves there is no time other then between waves to move at all. We relies heavily on Duracell-Trinity or Team Restore Plates for Energy/Ammo.

However it has happened several times where I have been flagged AFK even thought I was killing enemies just seconds before the end of the wave. I play with a girl has been flagged AFK in missions because *gasp* it takes longer then 2 minutes for a lot of women to use the bathroom.

*gasp* There are GIRL gamers!? *shot and killed (most likely by Megan and/or Rebecca)*

But seriously, this is a problem. I'm an aggressive player but more slow and steady playtypes like Frost I see the necessity in and being punished for being a good frost? Ehhh... not fun. I see where you guys are coming from and I hope they do adjust it.

Heck, for all I know I lost stuff from that AW Tactical Alert even though I had the highest kill/kill participation most of the time. Just because I mostly sniped from a single point giving the rest cover fire with an Itzal as well as defending and securing a point.

Edited by MartinVole