Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

Let's get this out of the way first: Not cool, DE. (I would have choice angry words in place of this, but apparently even in censored form it counts against forum profanity code, and despite being in the context of this post as getting the raw emotions out of the way before moving onto mature constructive suggestions, is still construed as dev bashing by some more... stringent moderators.  I stand by the original version, as this post comes from a place of love for DE, tough love though this case may be.  I only desire to see them succeed, and make their game the best it can be.)

[original post resumes here]

Now that I've said what we were all thinking, time for some constructive feedback.

Put back excavation how it was, and rework your systems so players can be rewarded properly for doing other things and not feel forced into one pattern.  E-Gate was a symptom, not a problem.  The problem lies in your game and its unrealistic grindwalls.

My suggestion:  Change how core drops work.  Cores now occupy 1 slot on the drop tables, about where C3s do right now.  Instead of being fixed rarity, however, the rarity and rank is now based on the level of the enemy dropping it.  E Gate with level 9 and under would be giving only C0s.  Alternatively, T4S in the void may end up giving R3-R5s as the enemies scale.  Not nearly as many of them as E Gate, but each one is rewarding enough to make it still worth the player's time.  It also gives more life to normal high level tiles; A reason to run them again.

I know E-Gate was not the intended pacing behavior of the game, and I can somewhat respect you fixing it, but not without you realizing that the reason so many people flocked to it was because the "intended" pacing is preposterous.

Edited by Callback
Removed Rudeness

You know, I talked about the E.Gate with people in-game and I knew I couldnt stop everyone. There was not a bug in the spawnrate, It was working as inteded, unlike survival, excavation was harder and spawned more enemies much faster, so there was not gonna be a "fix" for E.Gate, just a Nerf for Excavation. Why? Because thousands of people could get easy loot without actually having to play the gamemode, (If survival didnt have oxygen, what would you do? hide safely in a corner for 4 hours and watch shows in another PC?)

So as a "punishment", all Excavation is screwed (RIP triton for R5packs) up surely and its not like you didn't see it coming. You had the easy chance to Leech the game without actually having to play it, and thats not what it was intended. As soon as I saw Devs note of "Today's gonna be an update" I played my 3rd and last E.Gate, and I respect DE's choice to not give us "cheat codes" or "everything instantly without effort" in this game.

So stop the butthurt cause everything costs effort and if you had every single mod and weapon maxed in the game without much effort you wouldn't have fun.

I see people crying because they fixed a bug that was being exploited by themselves ... all bug breaks the game as there are always those who exploit them. Such as what cry so here.

well greed and easy ways out are half the problem. why are people doing this? I say it's half of that and half is frustration with grindwalls and the amount of time it takes doing it normal. at the heart of this is the business where plat needs to be sold in order to survive, which is understood and that's how it is.

I feel that the grindwalls have gotten higher lately. I don't have an example of that other than a general feeling.

I could be wrong but I don't think an exploit like this or Viver wouldn't have been as widespread and exploited 12 months ago.

That really bugged some people didn't it? o_o

Even though I'm not DE I'll try to clarify on the AFK deal. Players who are idle will not receive energy. That means you can't put on Energy Siphon and sit in a corner for a long time filling up your energy. This is easily bypassed by not being idle.

Edited by MartinVole

I completely understand the need to nerf those pesky farming exploits. Make people actually, y'know, play the damned game for once. Good on y'all for that.

Buuuut.

AFK needs to be defined better. The whole movement as an AFK indicator thing is, honestly, not very good. I'm glad y'all are trying to stop afk-ers and exploiters, but this is affecting everyone negatively. I kindly ask that you fix it, either in a minor hotfix before U16 or U16 itself. I would definitely define this as an emergency.

I see why Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm was nerfed, and I totally understand and even defend the whole spawn rate dropping when not playing the mission like it was meant to be played, but no energy when AFK makes no sense... if we're actually AFK, then we won't be using any energy we come across. And if we're not AFK, but being penalized for not moving around in, say, a defense, it's a problem. Now, if you mean you want us to have to sprint laps around the defense point, please make that known. I'm all for it. A little more difficulty, a little more danger, and a lot more rewarding in that it improves your skills, not just your stats.

Anyway, that's my half-cent. Do with it as you will, I'll be here playing your wonderful game anyways. ^_^

So no energy to AFK players. Do you really think that'll stop exploitations? It really won't. There are flaws all through the spawning system of the game, along with drop issues, and ability issues.

DE, you need to take a VERY good look at how the game is played and how to fix it.

So no energy to AFK players. Do you really think that'll stop exploitations? It really won't. There are flaws all through the spawning system of the game, along with drop issues, and ability issues.

DE, you need to take a VERY good look at how the game is played and how to fix it.

This was just a response to E-gate. In order for DE to effectively get rid of exploiting/power farming they are gonna have to rework powers and rework the energy system.

This, right here. Late game is all about staying in one place, at least in Defense and Survival missions... when enemies can kill you in 1 hit, you have to focus in crowd control and killing them fast enough, and you do it in a small room, or around the pod. You don't go out to get drops, cause that would mean being killed. Then, you get detected as being AFK!! =/

Mesa's Peacemaker+Mirage's Total Eclipse/Narrow Minded in a defense is the first example which comes to mind. As Mesa, you can't go too far so you don't loose Mirage's buff. You do 90%+ of the damage, but still get's detected as being AFK:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/405135-rewards-missing-patches-didnt-fix-it-void-is-unplayable-right-now/

Id like to +1 that

Some people are saying that this is fixed now?

Edited by Maxxy-Desu