Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

Unacceptable that the community was effectivly getting profits.Must have been fixed.Beyond everything else.

Bugs/Content gaps/Comming updates? Who cares!?

The most vital is that there is no way to farm effectively now.So much win.

Tsk tsk, what a surprise, DE is 4rf1_Ovx.gif again. Don't forget to thank all the White Knights for this wonderful plaything attitude we're getting, because there's a lot more like this coming. Looking forward to all the people that loved everything DE did so far, including redtext comments during Phoenix Intercept, wiping on upcoming raids and burning themselves out on dailies (that killed more than one successful MMO), while being gloated upon by DE.

I think the new AFK system isn't to good either. But common lets face it! Yesterday I was with a Greedy pull and exacliber in a team who placed themself at the center of the map with a macro that would pull the energy globes on excaliber while he just spammed his ability. They probaly went Tea drinking while letting there macro's farm. So you are actually complaining DE is trying to make you people "Play" the game instead of updating your Facebook status, while you press 1 button or even worse let your "Macro" do the work. I remember a time where you actually had to work for your progress, not this useless 1 button smashing, making everyone els in your team useless. And how fun do you think its for us guys who want to try to compete on the leaderboards with "Kills" but we can't because an excaliber gets 1 MILLION kills in 3-4 days, happened last week. Stop complaining, I agree the system isn't to good but it beats what it was.

~HUmar~

Edited by HUmar

I am only disappointed in the fact that so few people understood excavation enough to know what it yielded. It's nothing completely amazing, but the enemy counts are better than the old standbys Survival/Defense/etc. It really took that long for people to realize how good it is?

SO, not moving/moving in small space but still shooting but skill skill-ing not getting energy/not getting xp/not getting reward is your solution to prevent AFK players? How smart (I'm being sarcastic). Why don't you just fix your spawn problems in missions, fix warframe meant-to-not-move skills instead of messing in how people play? Just Erase all STAND YOUR GROUND missions then, its fkin pointless, sorry. Hope you guys understand what you're doing instead of finding easy way to fix things up which messes up the whole gameplay, THX and think.

Edited by Brangien

Hotfix 15.16.2

Changes

• AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply.

Why Why Why WHY!!?!?!?!?!

Maybe you can increase Energy drops in Corpus missions, cause seriously I AFK solo just to recover energy in them... Now they're even more tedious...

Also I measured it, From start to stop you get 38 Energy until the Afk mechanics kick in and cut you off...

Edited by Ebondevil

No, at the end of games like this, it still wasn't ridiculously broken, almost all of the mare just commons, so who gives a damn?

So it's broken but not ridiculously broken?  LOL

It's simple -- games should not encourage you to do boring stuff.  Games are supposed to be fun.  QED.

DE are probably embarrassed to have 'gameplay' like that in their game.  I know I would be.

Not only that, it cheapens the sense of achievement.  Why feel good about levelling up a Prime mod if you can just set a macro and go AFK for 2 hours?

Now you might argue that players need more gold cores to level up Prime mods but as soon as you had them all rank 10, the next complaint would be "there's nothing left to do in this game".

Now does that mean that this game isn't fun enough to play by itself?

For the first week I first played Warframe, it was brilliant.  Second week was still pretty awesome.  A month later and I'm kinda bored.  There isn't a lot that's fun for level 10+ to do:

Archwing: pretty annoying because your archwing blocks where you're shooting.

T4D: probably the second best option but Frost & Loki are kinda essential so not much variation.  Can only stand to do it twice a week.  

T4S: either get out at 20 mins and spend a quarter of that reviving your team  or do a 2 hour long "press 3" farmathon. Great.

Spy 2.0: actually pretty good for a while but once you've done it a few times...

Farming: says it all.

PvP: Thank God for PvP. Shame I have to wait a day or 2 for an alliance to offer  worthwhile rewards.

So little to do that I started playing Warforum...

Now this is not a problem unique to DE and I normally move on from a game after about this long anyway due to similar lack of fun.  But I want to point out to DE that some of this is fixable:

1. Make archwing first person or at least transparent self (can restore opacity for cool melee sequences).  

2. Stop people camping in survival missions -- removing life support drops would be a start, but it's easy enough for Loki to go solo Lotus' life support.

3. Pay people plat to report exploits (see my earlier comment #200) and fix them.

I'm also looking forwards to the new content.  So more power to your elbow, DE.  You have a mostly amazing game here and deserve to make a ton of $$ from it.

You know, an easy fix for these exploits would be to separate the loot and affinity. That way only the person who kills, or runs/greedy pulls/carriers the loot actually moves it. Everyone else has to provide their own loot solution and actually kill the Grineer on Draco. No more leeching, no more exploits. Just you and your skill for victory.

All the people calling for Parkour 2.0 and playing this way should be ashamed of themselves...just sayin'

Could you upload some video of you and whole group parkouring all over map at late-late defence? And explaining how it will protect pod over "staying near pod" and spaming CC abilities.

Edited by TargetDummy

Seriously? deleting my post, because it had bull's "droppings'" reference ? (if you know what i mean) seriously is that all what concerns you? Minor "bad word" .

You have bigger problems than that DE.

I like warframe, I really do, and i was fine with all fixes and nerfs, and i'm still cheering for you guys to make this game as good as it could possibly be. Unfortunately making the afk system so rigorous makes the game absolutely un-enjoyable.

Of course there will be players who would rather easily grind than play skillfully, but most of us think tactics. We don't cheat. All comes from in-game mechanics, not 3rd party software. what we are allowed to do was WRITTEN AND CODED by YOU.

If we don't use the game mechanics the way you intended, then fix it so it works exactly like you intended, and don't apply meaningless fixes that only destroy your game. If you don't like that people stay in one spot because you gave them that opportunity (greedy mag ) then why did you implement it in the first place? You obviously WANTED mags to pull loot for other teammates so this is not a problem. You made mesa's ult stationary, so this one's also on you (though i personally use mesa's ult for few seconds while running around... it's better that way) . I'm even okay with ults not giving the player exp that he deserves, because that makes the game fair. But current afk timers and requirements to not being flagged as afk are just terrible. Try to be innovative, and maybe implement something like logging input keys, intervals, camera movement. Anything. I believe in you.

You're better than this.

Cheers

Since I know the vocal few who happen to be negative will be replying to this post, I'd just like to say this:

Good job DE for fixing exploits. That's all there is to this. That was not how the game was meant to be played and it is trying to be remedied, I get that. I still find it funny how people won't accept a long term goal in any shape/form at all. Guess that's what our generation of instant gratification syndrome has led us to.

Seriously? deleting my post, because it had bull's "droppings'" reference ? (if you know what i mean) seriously is that all what concerns you? Minor "bad word" .

You have bigger problems than that DE.

I am not DE, but yes, profanity is not condoned. It does not matter how or when the poster uses it.

If you would like to discuss it, again, as mentioned previously, feel free to PM me.

Since I know the vocal few who happen to be negative will be replying to this post, I'd just like to say this:

Good job DE for fixing exploits. That's all there is to this. That was not how the game was meant to be played and it is trying to be remedied, I get that. I still find it funny how people won't accept a long term goal in any shape/form at all. Guess that's what our generation of instant gratification syndrome has led us to.

I blame the parents that kept pushing for all those time saving devices. People keep blaming the kids, but tell me, what kid went and made the new technology? Its always the parents finding ways to save time. Now we just shortened minutes to seconds, and are children's children will have true instant gratification.

I am not DE, but yes, profanity is not condoned. It does not matter how or when the poster uses it.

If you would like to discuss it, again, as mentioned previously, feel free to PM me.

I'm just saying, that you focused on a bad word, when instead the content should have been the main focus of my post.

This is so hilariously exaggerated.

Well, yeah i might have exagerated a bit. Don't get me wrong. I love the game. It's been a long time since i played a free game and enjoyed it so much. Hell, i have spent over 720 hours in this game, collected every single warframe and still working on weapons. I'm not a new player and i can appreciate good fixes. So let me rephrase myself. Afk system as of tonight's state, will make me and many other people who enjoy this game SO much, enjoy it less. We spent months polishing our gamestyles for every single warframe, and that afk change is nonsensical. When i play i don't go for a walk or cigarette i play, but i hate being flagged as afk, when i'm obviously mashing my keyboard like a maniac ;)

well lets see...

• AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply.

Excavation Nerf = OK we need to play, ok

AFK Nerf = Seriuosly? You can not use mesa, nyx or banshee with a mag anymore or even worst you have to stay dancing to get energy if you are mag, that complety insane. Did you think in small places? or in defenses with frost? Please rework that... this is impossible, how you can focus if u have to stay dancing all the time...?

I will continue checking it.... I think isn't good to lost orbs, i mean they are not infinite and is not fair to lead my team mates use items when actually i'm getting orbs but they do not regenerate my energy...

I am not talking about macros, i am talking about lost "items" orbs.

I have trying inclusive jumping while i use skills and it doesn't work, it start over the afk system... and normally we are 4 players in a mission everyone got a "role" sometimes that role don't let you to move so much or anything, per ex: nekros sometimes if u move so much the corpes go away and you lost, what about if i have 300-500 of energy and i want to keep spamming. At least it gonna be good not to lost the energy orbs.

-snip-

As long as that playstyle you polished, or that keyboard-mashing fest of yours, involves hitting the movement key at least once every few minutes, there should be no possible way this update interferes with your builds.

Edited by Nitresco