Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

I've only been playing for a little over a month but I am a veteran of a number of other "pay for convenience" FTP games and I think this game is the best of the lot of them. The main reason why I like it is the absence of the obvious pay wall. Other FTP games hide new content behind pay walls, or offer P2W items or other gear. Platinum (the premium currency) is easier to obtain through the trade system than any other F2P game I've played. Most other games are very protective of their premium currency and many guard it so preciously that there is no way to obtain it at all without paying. Warframe doesn't have that. It's clear that this game's "grind" is in maxing out the mods and it's obvious that maxing out these legendary mods is supposed to take a substantial investment of time.

Now, one thing I have noticed about this community that surprises me is an extraordinarily over-developed sense of entitlement regarding the ability to instantly level up these mods to the max perhaps within meagre hours of obtaining them. I wonder why this is. It seems like perhaps DE set the bar a little too low in the beginning, and made it too easy to max these mods out. Or maybe it's these new legendary mods that take a massive amount of energy to max out.

I would also like to add that I have also experienced quite a lot of animosity (as a noob) from many players that seem to be utterly obsessed with doing nothing but farming. I like playing with PU teams in the recruitment chat but recently I can't find any games because 90% of teams were just calling out for egate or Draco runs. I asked to join these runs but basically told in quite vitriolic terms to "go away" either because I didn't have the right frames (fair enough, but still annoying) or because of being a "noob". I only have 3 frames but one of them is Excalibur. I learned the score with regards to Draco farming and tried joining these runs as well, but that was an even worse experience. I see "Draco run looking for Excal!", I reply, join and 50% of the time wouldn't even make it to the drop because the farmers could smell "noob" based on my aura (I didn't and still don't have either Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection).

Nobody was willing to drop with me, at best I was just kicked from the group, at worst outright insulted for even daring to accept an invite to some obviously elitist group without having the prerequisite "e-peen" requirements. The few that were willing to drop with me found a pretty decent player who'd done his homework, built his frame via the "rep farm" build on warframe builder and despite not having maxed out his mods, still managed to keep up with and sometimes even out-damage the other Exalibro. I guess what I'm saying is that I find this obsession with absolutely NEEDING to have maxed mods rather annoying. I don't have a single lvl 10 maxed mod, not even my Vitality mod is maxed (it's on level 9) as it's a better use of your energy to spread it out over all your useful mods evenly and level them all up at the same time. I do pretty well in T4 void, had no probs in derelicts and have no problems in nightmare mode all with a bunch of rare mods I've collected that are in and around the 7/8 level mark. I don't think you need max mods (or prime weapons and frames for that matter) to enjoy all of the end game content.

This game is full of min/maxers that are obsessed with having MOAR POWER! All the time. It's a terrible attitude and I'm glad this nerf makes it more difficult for them to max out their mods because as a noob(ish) player who's only recently got in to endgame Warframe, I know that MAX legendary mods are entirely unecessary for you to able to play.

It's just min/maxing and epeen waving and I hope this nerf goes some way to stop this "gotta do nothing but farm all day and everyday" habit that some people have picked up.

Why don't you guys try playing the game instead?

Edited by Lindonius

I've only been playing for a little over a month but I am a veteran of a number of other "pay for convenience" FTP games and I think this game is the best of the lot of them. The main reason why I like it is the absence of the obvious pay wall. Other FTP games hide new content behind pay walls, or offer P2W items or other gear. Platinum (the premium currency) is easier to obtain through the trade system than any other F2P game I've played. Most other games are very protective of their premium currency and many guard it so preciously that there is no way to obtain it at all without paying. Warframe doesn't have that. It's clear that this game's "grind" is in maxing out the mods and it's obvious that maxing out these legendary mods is supposed to take a substantial investment of time.

Now, one thing I have noticed about this community that surprises me is an extraordinarily over-developed sense of entitlement regarding the ability to instantly level up these mods to the max perhaps within meagre hours of obtaining them. I wonder why this is. It seems like perhaps DE set the bar a little too low in the beginning, and made it too easy to max these mods out. Or maybe it's these new legendary mods that take a massive amount of energy to max out.

I would also like to add that I have also experienced quite a lot of animosity (as a noob) from many players that seem to be utterly obsessed with doing nothing but farming. I like playing with PU teams in the recruitment chat but recently I can't find any games because 90% of teams were just calling out for egate or Draco runs. I asked to join these runs but basically told in quite vitriolic terms to "go away" either because I didn't have the right frames (fair enough, but still annoying) or because of being a "noob". I only have 3 frames but one of them is Excalibur. I learn't the score with regards to Draco farming and tried joining these runs as well, but that was an even worse experience. I see "Draco run looking for Excal!", I reply, join and 50% of the time wouldn't even make it to the drop because the farmers could smell "noob" based on my aura (I didn't and still don't have either Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection).

Nobody was willing to drop with me, at best I was just kicked from the group, at worst outright insulted for even daring to accept an invite to some obviously elitist group without having the prerequisite "e-peen" requirements. The few that were willing to drop with me found a pretty decent player who'd done his homework, built his frame via the "rep farm" build on warframe builder and despite not having maxed out his mods, still managed to keep up with and sometimes even out-damage the other Exalibro. I guess what I'm saying is that I find this obsession with absolutely NEEDING to have maxed mods rather annoying. I don't have a single maxed mod, not even my Vitality mod is maxed (it's on level 9) as it's a better use of your energy to spread it out over all your useful mods evenly and level them all up at the same time. I do pretty well in T4 void, had no probs in derelicts and kick ! in nightmare mode all with a large array mods I've collected in and around the 7/8 level mark. I don't think you need max mods (or prime weapons and frames for that matter) to enjoy all of the end game content.

This game is full of min/maxers that are obsessed with having MOAR POWER! All the time. It's a crappy attitude and I'm glad this nerf makes it more difficult for them to max out their mods because as a noob(ish) player who's only recently got in to endgame Warframe, I know that MAX legendary mods are entirely unecessary for you to able to play.

It's just min/maxing and epeen waving and I hope this nerf goes some way to stop this "gotta do nothing but farm all day and everyday" habit that some people have picked up.

Then dude, you should blame all players in all games for being "you're required to have certain SKILLS/ABILITIES/EQUIPMENTS as such to do this RUN/DUNGEON/FARM". Logic please, this is happening in EVERY game not only Warframe. You don't want this? then go play some MOBA, why? Coz u only need personal skill to play, no need to farm for hours, no equipments spent days to get, etc. Didn't u realize why people choose to play this way? Remember, players only adapting into the game system. We didn't choose to be that way. We are only trying find the most effective way of doing things in the game after got bored with the gameplay itself. This is how we still stay rather than to quit the game.

Edited by Brangien

You know, an easy fix for these exploits would be to separate the loot and affinity. That way only the person who kills, or runs/greedy pulls/carriers the loot actually moves it. Everyone else has to provide their own loot solution and actually kill the Grineer on Draco. No more leeching, no more exploits. Just you and your skill for victory.

"Separate The loot and Affinity, only the player who kills get loot" so if I kill the boss i get the loot that he drop (Orokin Cell Example) and the rest of the team do not get nothing ? such a  good idea (Sarcasm).

And if this is not what you mean then explain better :D

As long as that playstyle you polished, or that keyboard-mashing fest of yours, involves hitting the movement key at least once every few minutes, there should be no possible way this update interferes with your builds.

Well it does. I'm not trying to argue with you, but please try to understand. The way it is now you're basically saying "let me hold your hand and show you how you should play" . I don't want that. If i want to play the way i want to play, and if i'm within game's mechanics implementation i should be allowed to do whatever I want.

"Separate The loot and Affinity, only the player who kills get loot" so if I kill the boss i get the loot that he drop (Orokin Cell Example) and the rest of the team do not get nothing ? such a  good idea (Sarcasm).

And if this is not what you mean then explain better :D

Affinity only goes to the killer. Loot drops for everyone, but movement and pickup is individual, as opposed to current global movement. This way it kills all the farms, people can't exploit very well as its all separated out to their account and so on.

Though I would personally like to see it all separated and instanced out as you suggest, then mods like loot tentacles or desecration become useful by allowing for global loot.

Well it does. I'm not trying to argue with you, but please try to understand. The way it is now you're basically saying "let me hold your hand and show you how you should play" . I don't want that. If i want to play the way i want to play, and if i'm within game's mechanics implementation i should be allowed to do whatever I want.

It's more along the lines of "don't play this way, we didn't intend for it to be possible".

I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just presenting DE's justification.

It's more along the lines of "don't play this way, we didn't intend for it to be possible".

I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just presenting DE's justification.

It is clearly that way for other type of missions except DEF, EXCAVATION and INTERCEPT. What do you think you want us to do in both missions? Running to the spawn points and kill everything instead of defending? Pls explain. Oh and remember, moving in small space while using weapons/abilities is also considered as AFK.

Edited by Brangien

This smells like an Interception exploit halter.

One of the exploits was to capture a particular node (for example, Draco's C) and then prevent the Faction who controls the node from capturing any oither node.  Not only does this prolong the time spent, but it was also a ridiculously easy way to gain a ton of Syndicate rep/Experience for a weapon.

hey look !!!! there is still someone talking about rep points!!!!!!! as if i cannot max my 18 k in 10 min of t1 surv !!!!!!

Man, now I wish I'd gone with the friend who asked me to go to E Gate the other day... Missed the ONLY GOOD SOURCE OF MODS THE GAME HAS HAD WHILE I'VE BEEN PLAYING (since U6)... Depressing.

How about if everyone who didn't get the 1000 mods/hour from E gate gets a half dozen Legendary cores to make up for the nerf?

Edited by Alkira

Nerfing efficient grind, sure we can understand it more or less.

Bringing even more $&*&*#(%& AFK prevention, EVEN WHEN we said MANY times that the current AFK prevention we had was wrong and brought more issues than it should, is only a facepalm worthy.

Afkers werent a real problem, yes sometimes some random afker happened once every 100's of hours. But then afk fix came and hurt ALL but afkers, as true afkers just run macro that would do for them what is required.

Now this.

It doesn't do anything, we can still run 2 seperate macros or even one long macro that will spam powers then run then spam powers then run. No to mention a more sophisticated bot.

All this afk *fix* did, based on stories I read here, is hurt people playing *endgame* as in defenses and survivals in one spot or interception. If we aren't mindless drones wallruning and shooting our amazing AkLato we are AFK'ers based on the DE assumption.

Seriously I'm disappointed hard. We all knew E-Gate will get fixed today, it was obvious, but rest of stuff is well ...

lol I've never went/exploited the hell out of E Gate and still manage to have a steady income of cores, one of the DEs announced a lil while back that they're working on U16 fulltime so we unfortunately? won't have any new content in the mean time.

How is that hard to grasp? A portion of our community is so spoiled I can't even....

I've been on DE's side in a lot of forum arguments, but I have to admit that this frustrates me severely. It took weeks to make any real changes to Eyes of Blight, and even at the end of the event, it was still arguably an objective failure. There was player outrage everywhere, and while I get that this was during the holidays, it is not particularly hard to address an issue with a quick PSA delivered through the forums, something that did not come until quite some time after the initial exploit made its appearance on the competitive scene. 

In the three days that the EGate exploit took to become common knowledge from the first major leak, you managed to draft, create, and execute a fix for a "problem" that a large majority of players used and found to be an effective strategy for dealing with what is an incredibly off-putting grind element. Three. Days.

The nerf isn't what aggravates me here; it's the inconsistency with which "critical issues" are treated depending on whether or not they affect Platinum sales. 

this so much, actual enjoyable positive changes to the game takes months while punitive actions for players who found ways to have fun without buying things happens swiftly.

I would also like to add that I have also experienced quite a lot of animosity (as a noob) from many players that seem to be utterly obsessed with doing nothing but farming. I like playing with PU teams in the recruitment chat but recently I can't find any games because 90% of teams were just calling out for egate or Draco runs. I asked to join these runs but basically told in quite vitriolic terms to "go away" either because I didn't have the right frames (fair enough, but still annoying) or because of being a "noob". I only have 3 frames but one of them is Excalibur. I learn't the score with regards to Draco farming and tried joining these runs as well, but that was an even worse experience. I see "Draco run looking for Excal!", I reply, join and 50% of the time wouldn't even make it to the drop because the farmers could smell "noob" based on my aura (I didn't and still don't have either Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection).

Nobody was willing to drop with me, at best I was just kicked from the group, at worst outright insulted for even daring to accept an invite to some obviously elitist group without having the prerequisite "e-peen" requirements. The few that were willing to drop with me found a pretty decent player who'd done his homework, built his frame via the "rep farm" build on warframe builder and despite not having maxed out his mods, still managed to keep up with and sometimes even out-damage the other Exalibro. I guess what I'm saying is that I find this obsession with absolutely NEEDING to have maxed mods rather annoying. I don't have a single maxed mod, not even my Vitality mod is maxed (it's on level 9) as it's a better use of your energy to spread it out over all your useful mods evenly and level them all up at the same time. I do pretty well in T4 void, had no probs in derelicts and have no problems in nightmare mode all with a bunch of rare mods I've collected that are in and around the 7/8 level mark. I don't think you need max mods (or prime weapons and frames for that matter) to enjoy all of the end game content.

This game is full of min/maxers that are obsessed with having MOAR POWER! All the time. It's a terrible attitude and I'm glad this nerf makes it more difficult for them to max out their mods because as a noob(ish) player who's only recently got in to endgame Warframe, I know that MAX legendary mods are entirely unecessary for you to able to play.

Completely and utterly agree with everything you've said. Being a veteran player, it just disturbs me how strict other players are with max mods in games and how the recruit chat is literally 90% Draco runs and whatever this E Gate is. I hate them contaminating the gameplay.

Then dude, you should blame all players in all games for being "you're required to have certain SKILLS/ABILITIES/EQUIPMENTS as such to do this RUN/DUNGEON/FARM". Logic please, this is happening in EVERY game not only Warframe. You don't want this? then go play some MOBA

Yes you are correct it exists in every game in one form or another. I've never seen it at quite the level as it is in Warframe though. Having said that as per my big post before, I think that Warframe is better than all the other FTP games I've played thus far with regards to not paygating it's content and for that reason I think I will continue playing it.

AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply.

Translation: Standing around in a good sniper location waiting for enemies to show up will no longer give you energy. Sniper nerf, survival nerf when there isn't any enemies around your location, etc. 

GG

Certain mission types will no longer endlessly spawn enemies if the mission goals themselves aren't being met.

I assume this also means void, so now capture missions in the void, (the only one where enemies are spawned in unaltered, primed for stealth runs) will no longer be viable for gaining xp

Man, you guys are on a roll of nerfing this game to the ground right before a big update. Lowering the standards of the game so the update seems better by comparison? :)