Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

That's very, very vague.

Could we have some clarification?

possible translation: capture missions won't spawn unlimited enemies if you simply walk around the entire map, before capturing the target. so the only stealth viable mission in the void is now nerfed in terms of leveling up weapons through stealth. 

E gate nerf, but wait a second. IF a squad does one excavation and gets extraction point, why not start farming then? I mean that way mobs in theory should spawn.

"Certain mission types will no longer endlessly spawn enemies if the mission goals themselves aren't being met."

Or does this mean they will only endlessly spawn when drill is out and when its out only?

Okay so here's the list, minus threads that DE has posted in to say "this will be fixed with the next game update".

Still no fix for private messages going to the wrong person?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/402488-chat-bug-when-messaging-people-who-are-offline/

Still no fix for the in-mission bonus affinity challenge reminder only showing up for the host?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/366433-affinity-bonus-reminder-only-shows-up-for-the-host/

Still no fix for flight trails on throwing weapons (and Null Star) being gone?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/397159-flight-trails-for-throwing-weapons-gone/

Still no fix for Boilers and Brood Mothers being unable to be Desecrated from their normal death animation?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395967-brooder-and-boiler-ancients-still-cant-be-desecrated/

Still no fix for the total credit income display on clans being a DWORD instead of QWORD, causing incorrect display due to multiple rollovers?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/320342-profile-stats-incorrect-variable-type-for-display/

Still no fix for Nyx's Mind Control targets not taking the proper damage amount at the end?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/345656-mind-controlled-enemies-take-less-damage-at-the-end/

Still no fix for foundry sparks rendering over the chat interface?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348091-foundry-sparks-render-over-chat-window/

Still no fix for wall sliding down onto a slope detaching you from the wall but keeping the slide mechanics?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348099-wall-sliding-onto-some-slopes-detaches-incorrectly/

Still no fix for badges on others rendering overtop of wormhole?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/354107-player-badges-render-in-front-of-wormhole/

Still no fix for the Corpus Grey and Gallium Grey Kubrow colors being almost exactly the same?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/385531-corpus-grey-and-gallium-grey-are-too-similar/

Still no fix for extractors pulling resources not listed from planets?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341211-extractors-are-gathering-research-materials/

Still no fix for resources being incredibly unbalanced in use/drop ratios?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/369529-grind-factor-an-analysis-of-resource-drops-versus-uses/

AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply.

Translation: Standing around in a good sniper location waiting for enemies to show up will no longer give you energy. Sniper nerf, survival nerf when there isn't any enemies around your location, etc. 

GG

Certain mission types will no longer endlessly spawn enemies if the mission goals themselves aren't being met.

I assume this also means void, so now capture missions in the void, (the only one where enemies are spawned in unaltered, primed for stealth runs) will no longer be viable for gaining xp

Man, you guys are on a roll of nerfing this game to the ground right before a big update. Lowering the standards of the game so the update seems better by comparison? :)

Yeah i dont think capture missions were ever made for farming exp. Ever, if you consider that an area to farm... clearly you've been doing it wrong.

Capture missions are.. in and out.. grab the objective and get out of there. You arent meant to stay and fight the horde. 

With every change comes complaining... They arent lowering standards of the game, frankly it makes sense to make them spawn only if you're doing the objective, whether you like it or not.. these changes are for the better.

Edited by Genzaio

*slow clap*

this is propably on of the very few fixes where DE has thought about what they are doing instead of nerfing frames

i appreciate that

for the first time in my 2 years+ i say "thanks DE" after a hotfix

thanks DE for thinking

maybe we u are taking "The Year of Quality" a little more serious that we all thought

have my respect

Except they didn't.  They forsook the knee jerk reaction to nerf frames and instead went one step further and stumbled face first into full body seizure for the AFK system.  It's a severe overreaction, much like Viver's was, except this is worse because it affects EVERYONE, on every frame.  Now, if you so much as stop to take a bathroom break while other people protect you, you can come back to no energy, an enemy wailing on you with a Prova and find to your dismay that you get nothing because the game thought your 'me time' was some sort of Elder ritual to summon forth Farm-thulu. (Yes, this happened to me, No, I wasn't trying to summon forth that which should not be.)   I can understand why they did it, but that doesn't make it right, It doesn't make it right to penalize people who aren't doing anything wrong, adding a horrible game mechanic to "Fix' another horrible game mechanic makes no sense; Shall I tell you about the definition of insanity?  Because as it stands doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is a fairly good descriptor of it.  They've continually been putting a bandage over a snake bite for the last 3 major updates or more without bothering to remove the poison.  If they wanted to "Fix" things, then they need to fix drops and they need to how the game is presented.  Mainly because of two reasons.  

Drops, when you have to literally farm half a day, doing dozens if not hundreds of void runs for one prime part or node missions to farm a specific resource it gets ridiculous.  I mean look at Neurodes.  I've done 5 missions of Cambria in a row for 1000 points and got 1 Neurode.  Not one per mission.  ONE. PERIOD.  If I wanted my farming to take forever and have little pay off I'd just start tilling my back yard to pass the time, at least then I'd have something to show for it.

Gameplay, quite simply, has a truly horrible return on time invested. Ties into the above but slightly different.   There are only, MAYBE six nodes worth doing because of their somewhat brokenness, and the only reason they haven't been patched yet was because they're simply not THAT broken, they actually take SOME effort and awareness or you get rekt easily.  Problem is, that's only fine and dandy if you're happy with what you have.  Farming anything even REMOTELY outside those six nodes is easily the most annoying thing ever.  Not because they cant give you want you want, simply put, they do.  Problem is, they don't give it to you in a reasonable way and even when you come out of the mode with something worth keeping it usually gets shunted into something else than what you wanted because of some pressing need.  Resources?  Those go into pots, keys, gear etc because of all the dirt, blood and bullets you've had to crawl through to get them.  Standing?  Those go into that augment mod you NEED to even begin making a profit.   And lord forbid exp if you want to get anywhere in this game without dropping more time and money than a professional dubstep artist drops beats. 

In short, fix how the game is inherently played, quit throwing farm at us and expecting us to mindlessly keep scything through that endless field of wheat expecting to run across a stalk of corn and wonder how it got there.  Or heaven forbid we find a patch of something we actually like to eat and then you come along with a bulldozer and rip them up with the speed and brutality of the spetsnaz.

I know E-Gate was not the intended pacing behavior of the game, and I can somewhat respect you fixing it, but not without you realizing that the reason so many people flocked to it was because the "intended" pacing is preposterous.

What I just said.  People who make the game say it's an incline, people 40-80 hours in say its a cliff, people like you and me with hundreds of hours into this thing know that with the sun dead overhead this Grind wall can actually blot out the sun.  And no, fighting in the shade is only applicable for Spartans who dress in a leather thong and carry around a giant bronze shield of nope.

Look on the bright side, guys!

"Fixed incorrect Market description of Neural Sensors and Neurodes."

A very good analogy works here.  They sunk the boat they were working on to kill the captain.  And since you cant reasonably farm Cambria anymore and Jupiter has Nullifiers you can't really farm that either.  So it's back to tossing (S)Alad around and expecting him to drop something more than some moldy lettuce.   So instead of looking at that little 'fix' as a positive, look at it the way it actually is. 

They nerfed a game mode that is supposed to give one of those resources and made farming the other unreasonably difficult, then buffed those same resources in their real-money market. 

That has all the makings of a mob shake down, and I don't like it, it sets a precedent that it really shouldn't.  I know they need to make their money, it's a business, I get that but this game really shouldn't be a Pay2Advance, because really, that's what it is.  You can buy nearly everything with plat sometimes for ludicrous prices (High roller bundle anyone?) and then there's the slots for weapons/warframes/Potatoes/etc.  If they gave you a reasonable amount to start out beside the 50 plat and 2-3 slots for everything then fine I could complain less, but seriously. Paying money in a game like this should be reserved for cosmetic items.  If they charged plat for cosmetic alone or maybe sold a weapon with the skin pack included then I'd be perfectly ok with that. Why?  Because it's fair, because it doesn't show favoritism for the paying customers and somehow chastising those who either don't have the funds to pay to support the game or don't have the time to make that monetary investment worthwhile.  There comes a point where the farm just won't be enough any more and that's the point where DE's magnum Opis loses it's joy and falls to the way side because you can't milk a dead cow... well you could, but whatever comes out of that would never be pleasant...

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

E-Gate (and Draco) needed to be fixed, the sheer amount of recruitment for those two locations alone was enough of a reason. Having 200+ missions available and seeing two recruited for 90% of the time just shouldn't be happening. Yes, there will always be the MOST efficient place to do things, but keeping that difference small between missions is the only legitimately good way to balance it.

That being said, blanket "fixes" to relatively specific problems are, have been, and always will be a terrible way to address anything. I haven't played enough since the hotfix to say whether or not the energy adjustments to the AFK detection system are as terrible as they seem or not, so as to those specifics I'll leave them to those who have- but just looking at them in theory, the effects are far-reaching and hurt more than what you have (or should have been) targeting.

People are talking as if those making these changes are unaware of certain aspects of the game, and are disappointed by this. I don't believe that for a minute- I think you're fully aware of what you're doing, and that's what I find truly disappointing. What I think you might fail to grasp are the possible (and likely) consequences if updating continues in a similar trend, and I'll just say this: There have been a multitude of successful games destroyed by too much of a focus on grind walls with premium currency being offered as the alternate. No game is immune, not even Warframe.

Except they didn't.  They forsook the knee jerk reaction to nerf frames and instead went one step further and stumbled face first into full body seizure for the AFK system.  It's a severe overreaction, much like Viver's was, except this is worse because it affects EVERYONE, on every frame.  Now, if you so much as stop to take a bathroom break while other people protect you, you can come back to no energy, an enemy wailing on you with a Prova and find to your dismay that you get nothing because the game thought your 'me time' was some sort of Elder ritual to summon forth Farm-thulu. (Yes, this happened to me, No, I wasn't trying to summon forth that which should not be.)   I can understand why they did it, but that doesn't make it right, It doesn't make it right to penalize people who aren't doing anything wrong, adding a horrible game mechanic to "Fix' another horrible game mechanic makes no sense; Shall I tell you about the definition of insanity?  Because as it stands doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is a fairly good descriptor of it.  They've continually been putting a bandage over a snake bite for the last 3 major updates or more without bothering to remove the poison.  If they wanted to "Fix" things, then they need to fix drops and they need to how the game is presented.  Mainly because of two reasons.  

Drops, when you have to literally farm half a day, doing dozens if not hundreds of void runs for one prime part or node missions to farm a specific resource it gets ridiculous.  I mean look at Neurodes.  I've done 5 missions of Cambria in a row for 1000 points and got 1 Neurode.  Not one per mission.  ONE. PERIOD.  If I wanted my farming to take forever and have little pay off I'd just start tilling my back yard to pass the time, at least then I'd have something to show for it.

Gameplay, quite simply, has a truly horrible return on time invested. Ties into the above but slightly different.   There are only, MAYBE six nodes worth doing because of their somewhat brokenness, and the only reason they haven't been patched yet was because they're simply not THAT broken, they actually take SOME effort and awareness or you get rekt easily.  Problem is, that's only fine and dandy if you're happy with what you have.  Farming anything even REMOTELY outside those six nodes is easily the most annoying thing ever.  Not because they cant give you want you want, simply put, they do.  Problem is, they don't give it to you in a reasonable way and even when you come out of the mode with something worth keeping it usually gets shunted into something else than what you wanted because of some pressing need.  Resources?  Those go into pots, keys, gear etc because of all the dirt, blood and bullets you've had to crawl through to get them.  Standing?  Those go into that augment mod you NEED to even begin making a profit.   And lord forbid exp if you want to get anywhere in this game without dropping more time and money than a professional dubstep artist drops beats. 

In short, fix how the game is inherently played, quit throwing farm at us and expecting us to mindlessly keep scything through that endless field of wheat expecting to run across a stalk of corn and wonder how it got there.  Or heaven forbid we find a patch of something we actually like to eat and then you come along with a bulldozer and rip them up with the speed and brutality of the spetsnaz.

What I just said.  People who make the game say it's an incline, people 40-80 hours in say its a cliff, people like you and me with hundreds of hours into this thing know that with the sun dead overhead this Grind wall can actually blot out the sun.  And no, fighting in the shade is only applicable for Spartans who dress in a leather thong and carry around a giant bronze shield of nope.

A very good analogy works here.  They sunk the boat they were working on to kill the captain.  And since you cant reasonably farm Cambria anymore and Jupiter has Nullifiers you can't really farm that either.  So it's back to tossing (S)Alad around and expecting him to drop something more than some moldy lettuce.   So instead of looking at that little 'fix' as a positive, look at it the way it actually is. 

They nerfed a game mode that is supposed to give one of those resources and made farming the other unreasonably difficult, then buffed those same resources in their real-money market. 

That has all the makings of a mob shake down, and I don't like it, it sets a precedent that it really shouldn't.  I know they need to make their money, it's a business, I get that but this game really shouldn't be a Pay2Advance, because really, that's what it is.  You can buy nearly everything with plat sometimes for ludicrous prices (High roller bundle anyone?) and then there's the slots for weapons/warframes/Potatoes/etc.  If they gave you a reasonable amount to start out beside the 50 plat and 2-3 slots for everything then fine I could complain less, but seriously. Paying money in a game like this should be reserved for cosmetic items.  If they charged plat for cosmetic alone or maybe sold a weapon with the skin pack included then I'd be perfectly ok with that. Why?  Because it's fair, because it doesn't show favoritism for the paying customers and somehow chastising those who either don't have the funds to pay to support the game or don't have the time to make that monetary investment worthwhile.  There comes a point where the farm just won't be enough any more and that's the point where DE's magnum Opis loses it's joy and falls to the way side because you can't milk a dead cow... well you could, but whatever comes out of that would never be pleasant...

This game is, by far, the best F2P game that I've found (and I've played a lot) for not paywalling it's content.

While you have valid points--I was just trying to funny.  It was just sarcasm and an excuse for a funny GIF. 

I'm not a huge fan of the majority of these changes but frankly I don't care until U16 drops.  Things change.

I was too, which is why there's so many jokes tucked into that wall, so people don't get bored of me 'complaining'  

"-but frankly I don't care until U16 drops."  And it's really that attitude that ruins the gaming for those of us that genuinely love this game.   You're basically saying that the game can rot until the next shiny new bauble gets thrown your way so you can go digging through a mountain of garbage to find.  If DE actually buried that landfill and placed a nice community park over it, everyone else could enjoy the game as it's supposed to be enjoyed.  Personally I want more lore, the shiny new gun could get shafted for all I care.  I don't need new weapons I have like 50K of them and they all murder things pretty good but the core of this game that needs expanding the most is the backstory the thing that actually makes you interested and involved with the game play.  I can murdernate a Grineers face all day long and be happy, but I would like to know WHY I'm doing it besides "Here's pieces of that guys armor that you just stabbed, go build something with it"  I'd like to see an actual Grinner hub city with Grineer NPC's, or a Corpus corporate building to see how the the trashcan heads actually run their day to day businesses, I'd like to see how they LIVE.  Because that's what makes the game FEEL ALIVE, instead of this proxy of life, this constand daily grind that reminds me too much of life to be fun,  if I wanted this to be my job I would have applied to be a beta tester.

This game is, by far, the best F2P game that I've found (and I've played a lot) for not paywalling it's content.

You CAN get everything in-game except for cosmetic stuff without spending a dime on this game, it's true, but someone else somewhere else had to spend that money to buy that plat that you fleeced them out of in Trade (or that they fleeced out of you)  It's still money going into DE"s pockets so they don't care either way, and that's the rub, every game company I've ever dealt with has been the same way, I can understand this and DE is quite a bit better about making it available if a bit tedious, but it's still a practice that I really don't condone because it makes the player-dev connection seem, cheap... well not cheap since plat costs about as much as a night with a lady of ill repute.

You CAN get everything in-game except for cosmetic stuff without spending a dime on this game, it's true, but someone else somewhere else had to spend that money to buy that plat that you fleeced them out of in Trade (or that they fleeced out of you)  It's still money going into DE"s pockets so they don't care either way, and that's the rub, every game company I've ever dealt with has been the same way, I can understand this and DE is quite a bit better about making it available if a bit tedious, but it's still a practice that I really don't condone because it makes the player-dev connection seem, cheap... well not cheap since plat costs about as much as a night with a lady of ill repute.

I agree with you there but remember this is F2P and as such I usually cut them a bit of slack. I came here from War Thunder, MWO, STO and Neverwinter, LoTR and World of Tanks. Compared to those games, Warframe are practically giving their platinum away.

I got home from work the other day, cooked up some chow and decided to browse trade chat while eating. Before I'd finished my meal I'd made 40 plat on 2 trades. Bang. Easy.

Neurodes are a PITA, that's for sure.  I'm not aware of any other resource that's such a problem but then I'm only MR10.

In short, fix how the game is inherently played, quit throwing farm at us and expecting us to mindlessly keep scything through that endless field of wheat expecting to run across a stalk of corn and wonder how it got there.

Farming is voluntary, not compulsory.  It's there for the people who've got nothing better to do.

Alternatives to a grindfest are limited:

1. PvP -- it's great fun but lots of people complain about it, probably because human enemies don't just charge at you waving a meat cleaver.

2. Content -- usually super expensive to produce.  You can also fix up existing content so it's fun/worthwhile.

If they charged plat for cosmetic alone or maybe sold a weapon with the skin pack included then I'd be perfectly ok with that. Why?  Because it's fair, because it doesn't show favoritism for the paying customers and somehow chastising those who either don't have the funds to pay to support the game or don't have the time to make that monetary investment worthwhile.

Paying customers are the lifeblood of Warframe.  Without them, there is no Warframe.  I'm F2P too but I do know that those who pay the piper call the tune.

Do we know exactly what the AFK measures break, or even what they were intended to do?  Is camping Survival still possible?

A couple of suggestions:

1. Anyone getting kills with a gun should not count as AFK even if they are standing still.  Aimbots are pretty hard to make.

2. Give 5s of warning to anyone about to be flagged AFK. Then no-one legitimate will get caught unaware.

I agree with you there but remember this is F2P and as such I usually cut them a bit of slack. I came here from War Thunder, MWO, STO and Neverwinter, LoTR and World of Tanks. Compared to those games, Warframe are practically giving their platinum away.

I got home from work the other day, cooked up some chow and decided to browse trade chat while eating. Before I'd finished my meal I'd made 40 plat on 2 trades. Bang. Easy.

For someone who's got the materials for it, yes.  But how about those Mastery rank 2-3's?  The ones just starting, have like 5 gold mods to their name and stumble around like a blind man in the dark?  They give you some basics but 2 warframe slots get filled up quick and I know I burned through that 50 starter plat like a chainsmoker on a pack a smokes.  And then I had nothing, for two weeks straight I couldn't do anything because I didn't want to get rid of the weapons or warframes that I had because each of them were good and served a purpose in my battle strategy, so I had to farm.

And farm.

And farm.

And... you get the point.  To get even a single gold mod worth selling, and then I made like... 8 plat.   When I finally got my power base under me like 6 months a purchase of plat and around 10 mastery ranks later, where I felt confident I could reasonably start selling mods and equipment to supplement my burgeoning murder empire, I find, to my dismay that changes to the drop rate made corrupt mods nearly worthless and you all know my opinion on the drop rate of rare prime parts, so that was a no go either, it was only thanks to syndicate mods and weapons that I even make any plat at all.

And on the topic of prime part drops.  I watched the dev stream,  the "destroy void and all prime parts are on their own node." Sounds like a horrible, horrible idea.   So instead of having the void, which is a reasonable, interesting, creative place to throw more interesting stuff and lore into,  they now plan to destroy it and with it the supply and demand on every prime part.  Why?  because if every prime part is put to a specific node then the prime parts value is now based SOLELY on mission difficulty, and a team used to running 60+ minutes of T4 Survival can basically no sell every node on the star chart, prime part prices would plummet, so the last thing that actually makes plat in this game in Trade is basically now as worthless as corrupt mods.

So, has ragdolled enemies still shooting been fixed at least? Because I would say that is much more important than anything here except the crashes and energy bug in Archwing, but no one really cares about those except when there's an event, and these fixes came after the last one ended.

Edited by Centias

Okay so here's the list, minus threads that DE has posted in to say "this will be fixed with the next game update".

Still no fix for private messages going to the wrong person?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/402488-chat-bug-when-messaging-people-who-are-offline/

Still no fix for the in-mission bonus affinity challenge reminder only showing up for the host?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/366433-affinity-bonus-reminder-only-shows-up-for-the-host/

Still no fix for flight trails on throwing weapons (and Null Star) being gone?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/397159-flight-trails-for-throwing-weapons-gone/

Still no fix for Boilers and Brood Mothers being unable to be Desecrated from their normal death animation?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395967-brooder-and-boiler-ancients-still-cant-be-desecrated/

Still no fix for the total credit income display on clans being a DWORD instead of QWORD, causing incorrect display due to multiple rollovers?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/320342-profile-stats-incorrect-variable-type-for-display/

Still no fix for Nyx's Mind Control targets not taking the proper damage amount at the end?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/345656-mind-controlled-enemies-take-less-damage-at-the-end/

Still no fix for foundry sparks rendering over the chat interface?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348091-foundry-sparks-render-over-chat-window/

Still no fix for wall sliding down onto a slope detaching you from the wall but keeping the slide mechanics?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348099-wall-sliding-onto-some-slopes-detaches-incorrectly/

Still no fix for badges on others rendering overtop of wormhole?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/354107-player-badges-render-in-front-of-wormhole/

Still no fix for the Corpus Grey and Gallium Grey Kubrow colors being almost exactly the same?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/385531-corpus-grey-and-gallium-grey-are-too-similar/

Still no fix for extractors pulling resources not listed from planets?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341211-extractors-are-gathering-research-materials/

Still no fix for resources being incredibly unbalanced in use/drop ratios?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/369529-grind-factor-an-analysis-of-resource-drops-versus-uses/

Still no fix for Hydroid's Undertow and Tentacle Swarm finisher damage being unaffected by Savage Silence.

Still no fix for Antimatter Absorb not working properly for hitscan weapons.

-snip-

Thank you! I always try to give ideas if something's amiss.

I saw your post, and that's basically what they want to happen. They don't want people huddled in invincible corners, they want Tenno running frantically around the map to survive. We shouldn't be standing still anyway, so there's no reason AFK should affect us, except besides the whole "dead and out or revives but still being counted as AFK" thing, which is one of the reasons I called for a re-working or re-defining of the AFK-system parameters.

Also, Devs, you have a Typo.

"The Rift Sigil will now fully lit up in Liset/Hub"

Namely, "...fully lit up..." doesn't work in that sentence. It should be "...fully light up..."

Anyway, thank you all again for correcting this problem, and I patiently await U16.

Edited by KaraOgata

Neurodes are a PITA, that's for sure.  I'm not aware of any other resource that's such a problem but then I'm only MR10.

Farming is voluntary, not compulsory.  It's there for the people who've got nothing better to do.

Alternatives to a grindfest are limited:

1. PvP -- it's great fun but lots of people complain about it, probably because human enemies don't just charge at you waving a meat cleaver.

2. Content -- usually super expensive to produce.  You can also fix up existing content so it's fun/worthwhile.

Paying customers are the lifeblood of Warframe.  Without them, there is no Warframe.  I'm F2P too but I do know that those who pay the piper call the tune.

Do we know exactly what the AFK measures break, or even what they were intended to do?  Is camping Survival still possible?

A couple of suggestions:

1. Anyone getting kills with a gun should not count as AFK even if they are standing still.  Aimbots are pretty hard to make.

2. Give 5s of warning to anyone about to be flagged AFK. Then no-one legitimate will get caught unaware.

1.Orokin cells are also a chore sometimes, mainly Ruk farming does it but then again, it's Ruk...

2. Farming ISN'T voluntary, it's the MAIN draw of this game.  PVP on the other hand gives no rewards, terribly balanced and it's basically a time sink that gives nothing in return despite the fact that a game in and of itself is a time sink, and those games at least rewards for the time spent on it with SOMETHING other than a feeling of accomplishment.  If PVP gave me some nice shiny bling like a badge or something for defeating (insert number) PVP opponents in a row or some other PVP milestone then that's at least something to give incentive to play PVP, otherwise there really isn't that many people playing PVP not only because it's unbalanced but because Player vs player battles don't last long enough to actually be FUN.  Usually it's like 3-4 bullets then I'm on the ground bleeding out and I have some random (the few I find) tossing penta grenades over walls at me then when I'm finally dead he comes up to me then teabags my corpse.   Outside of a 'saber' waving contest between your clan/friends, PVP puts nothing on the table that I'm willing to stomach.   MAYBE U16 will change that, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

2 1/2  I'm not a content creator, I don't do machinima and I don't really feel the need to draw fanart of it even though I could; I shouldn't have to, to enjoy a game that 'should' bring more to the table than a grindfest, heck their space ninja campaign isn't even true when the only 'real' ninja of the group is Ash, everyone else falls into some other fantasy cliche.  Like Oberon being a Paladin and Loki being... well Loki.  He may be a 'puny god' but he can still troll like the best of them.

3. "Without them there is no warframe."  No duh, I'm not denying that micro transactions are a good business practice, I'm saying that having literally everything in game being able to be purchased with that currency is a devious business practice, ESPECIALLY when they nerf things that make buying from that market seem more attractive. Like I said, mob shake down.   They shouldn't HAVE to say "Hey you see this shiny?  Maybe it would be a good idea to buy it with real monies."  No, absolutely not.  Just having that shiny there should be incentive enough, the only reason people aren't buying it is it's either too expensive or not worth it.  And that's easy to tell if you simply had a community poll.   I mean they already have a council of founders why not give the rest of the community to give their two cents instead of, as I said, showing favoritism to people who gave them money, fun fact, just because they have money doesn't always mean their ideas are good.

4. Those suggestions are actually pretty good.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

For someone who's got the materials for it, yes.  But how about those Mastery rank 2-3's?  The ones just starting, have like 5 gold mods to their name and stumble around like a blind man in the dark?  They give you some basics but 2 warframe slots get filled up quick and I know I burned through that 50 starter plat like a chainsmoker on a pack a smokes.  And then I had nothing, for two weeks straight I couldn't do anything because I didn't want to get rid of the weapons or warframes that I had because each of them were good and served a purpose in my battle strategy, so I had to farm.

And farm.

And farm.

I tell you what, doing your gaming homework makes a hell of a lot of difference. I boned up on the wiki and the builder, searched the forums and asked around in game before I spent a single plat. My 50 went on an extra warframe slot and 4 weapon slots and I kept the 6 remaining for later mod trading for when I hit level 2. I farmed Valkyr as she was recommended to me as the cheapest and fastest way to get to end game content and by god they weren't wrong. It took me just a few days of farming and trader dealing get her up to this point:

My noob Valkyr

All those mods cost me under 10 with the exception of Blind Rage which I managed to get on an exchange (for overextended which I didn't need at the time).

I did my homework again and took a couple of days to make and mod up a Fragor (2nd best Hysteria weapon and easy to make) with these mods (the only ones you need for Hysteria)     edit..I didn't actually get the berserker til later if I recall

Fragor Hysteria

So there you go, an easy frame to get (from Alad V) with an easy main weapon to build and mod. All I needed then was the potato for valkyr which I got though a Friday alert. Job done. Within I week I was rocking T4 defense to wave 40 (in pick up groups from recruit chat) with this gal. From then on it's easy to get stuff to sell.

Edited by Lindonius

I tell you what, doing your gaming homework makes a hell of a lot of difference. I boned up on the wiki and the builder, searched the forums and asked around in game before I spent a single plat. My 50 went on an extra warframe slot and 4 weapon slots and I kept the 6 for later. I farmed Valkyr as she was recommended to me as the cheapest and fastest way to get to end game content and by god they weren't wrong. It took me just a few days of farming and trader dealing get her up to this point:

My noob Valkyr

All those mods cost me under 10 with the exception of Blind Rage which I managed to get on an exchange (for overextended which I didn't need at the time).

I did my homework again and took a couple of days to make and mod up a Fragor (2nd best Hysteria weapon and easy to make) with these mods (the only ones you need for Hysteria)     edit..I didn't actually get the berserker til later if I recall

Fragor Hysteria

So there you go, an easy frame to get (from Alad V) with an easy primary weapon to build and mod. All I needed then was the potato for valkyr which I got though a Friday alert. Job done. Within I week I was rocking T4 defense to wave 40 with this gal. From then on it's easy to get stuff to sell.

And out of all the people that you know just starting out, how many of them do their homework on a game?   How many people know how to play a market, or understand how things work, how about someone who comes from a caustic community and doesn't talk to that other gamers, or is shy or any number of things?  Heck, I didn't even know how mods worked until I was mastery rank 5.  The Tutorial doesn't explain squat when it comes tothe finer nuances of this game, it just gives you a stick and tells you to get whacking.

And I know Valkyr is a good frame to farm with, I started with mag and she was great for what I needed her for.  Now I have just about everything you can get in-game without paying for it or being in the event that rewarded it.