[DE]Rebecca

Hotfix 15.16.2

The AFK timer is not being implemented in an ideal way. For one, the explanation of how it works was okay for end of mission rewards, but now with this "you won't get energy thing?" It's back to being pretty vague. 

DERebecca explains in that post that:

"Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction."

This is not true. I was curious and tested it. The AFK timer is active even at the extraction. I didn't have time to test it in the mission with rewards at the end, so, I don't know if aside from not replenishing the energy (while being at the extraction) you would also lose the end-mission reward.

All in all. Nice. The game becomes less and less boring. It motivates you to be more engaged and active. Lots of physical activity is good for the health of your frames. ;) :D

• Upvote 1

So, before, after a little amount of time during my banshee ult, I stop getting xp.

That was sad (especially in high level missions when you get one shot with your paper frame)

Then i get no energy from Energy vampire.

And now i get no energy at all. And I am NOT AFK, just maintaining my ult, a boring task but essential given the difficulty of some missions (tactical for exemple).

Yeah, cool, so much fun playing the game as it is meaned to be played and getting no reward. You had to nerf it further, with higher priority than U16. You better don't miss your U16, I probably won't bother playing (and paying anymore) if it misses it's mark...

My group was arounf 8 at the open beta launch playing warframe. Now we're more or less 2, and all leaved because of some choices of the devs (confusing UI, more grinds, etc) Don't underestimate the impact of such update on your playerbase.

• Upvote 1

This fix is like the stamina fix long time ago :D. Please fix the AFK and missing rewards, could care less about e-gate, there will always be loot caves. And yeah I was considering to start playing Hidroid only cause of the boss loot multiplier, but meh.

Not mentioning awkward design decision about AFK system - still no fix for missing Earth invasions as per

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/410251-i-miss-earth-invasions/

And anti-AFK system should clearly inform player that he is about to be marked as AFK and advice steps to take to avoid this (shoot something, jump, w/e), and, most importantly, IT SHOULD NOT PUNISH non-macroers.

If player choses playstyle which consists of standing in place and sometimes pressing a skill button (Frost, Mesa, Limbo, etc in defences, for example) - that's not because mentioned player likes this playstyle, it's because game design has made it more efficient than alternatives (or he's really lazy and likes it, and that category of players has right to play as they want, too).

Edited by Dreamwalk3r
  • Upvote 11

If player choses playstyle which consists of standing in place and sometimes pressing a skill button (Frost, Mesa, Limbo, etc in defences, for example) - that's not because mentioned player likes this playstyle, it's because game design has made it more efficient than alternatives (or he's really lazy and likes it, and that category of players has right to play as they want, too).

Exactly. Some frames are just suited to being still for certain periods of time. I'll use Mesa (as one of many) for example. Peacemaker is her most powerful asset, and the reason she is requested when she is. If she is to channel for prolonged (I use the term loosely- read: more than the 5 seconds she can at max without mods) periods of time, she needs things like Flow, Fleeting Expertise, and Streamline- not to mention energy restores regardless, given that anything other than a survival won't yield enough orbs to recover energy within a reasonable amount of time.

That's 3 mods slots gone to make one ability generally viable in the current meta. Not OP or insane, not even increasing power strength; just viable. I don't have to explain what this AFK system could mean to a Mesa built like this (90% of them, by the way). And that's just one frame.

• Upvote 2

Guys it still only takes roughly 2800 common cores or 530 R5s to max one prime mod. At a drop rate of 12.5% of rotation A Excavation and roughly 10 minutes to complete 6 rounds (4 rolls at 12.5%) of the excavation that means you'll only need to play 20 minutes (statistically speaking) to get a pack of 5 R5 cores now. That's only 106 * 20 miinutes =2120 minutes of gameplay to max one Primed Mod. That's only 35.33 hours.

Edited by 3thereal
  • Upvote 2

I'm having a problem understanding why this AFK system is in place...

It's not transparent and DE keeps implementing systems on top of it.

Just allow other players in group to mark the potential violater as AFK and if they don't move or perform a function inside a specific time frame they get informed that they are AFK and will be logged out at the end of a countdown.

That manages to be both simple and transparent without being needlessly punitive.

The current format is punitive to everyone as opposed to just encouraging outliers to participate.

• Upvote 9

Ah, the tears of the E-Gate exploiters are delicious....

In all seriousness though, I'm glad E-Gate was fixed. It was a huge frustration for those of us that want to play the game legitimately without cheesing to go into the recruiting chat. More often than not, it'd be completely drowned in people doing nothing but E-Gate.

BUT... to be fair, I know why people were doing it. The fusion system seriously needs an overhaul. Bad. Over half a million credits and thousands of fusion cores to max one Rank 10 mod is beyond preposterous. Perhaps consider revamping the fusion system so this doesn't keep happening, DE?

Edited by Camelslayer
  • Upvote 3

So DE, where is update 16? We were told that there would be no more fixes until the update.

They said UNLESS a must fix situation came about. 

Just allow other players in group to mark the potential violater as AFK and if they don't move or perform a function inside a specific time frame they get informed that they are AFK and will be logged out at the end of a countdown.

That manages to be both simple and transparent without being needlessly punitive.

The current format is punitive to everyone as opposed to just encouraging outliers to participate.

Why? because E-Gate. They don't want the system there to support players marking others as AFK, they want it in place so plays can't easily macro their way to win

Current changes were done to punish macroers, not your typical AFK-ers - they won't mark anyone of course.

Maybe these changes are not as drastic and not thought-out as Vivergate, but that's a step in similar direction, addressing symptoms not gonna fix the problem - macroers can just add shooting/moving around in their macro, while legit players can experience unjustified AFK penalties.

• Upvote 1

Wait, people are unable to play this game without grinding excavation? I have almost everything of value and can survive 1h+ in t4 survival without having to grind r5cores and repfarming.

People have no patience.

• Upvote 1

Why? because E-Gate. They don't want the system there to support players marking others as AFK, they want it in place so plays can't easily macro their way to win

What? As opposed to everything else in the game?

This is coming from someone who hasn't bothered with any of the loot/rep/xp grind spots, fyi.

If they want to shut down set-ups like E-gate, Draco, or Viver then they have a lot of work ahead of them as they may as well cut the head off the actual meta of the game by capping all endless missions.

It's a farming game and those players are farming.

How much sense does it make to say, "No, we don't want you to farm like that..." "We want you to farm this way..."

It's still just crap loot and cash.

Endless missions are the meta.

Loot drops are poor in general and unable to be modified in most instances.

Those are scenarios that DE created...

If they don't want to see things like this then they need to create other viable scenarios.

People want challenge and they want stuff...

Warframe doesn't offer both in equal or commensurate doses.

I'm all for closing off loopholes and exploits...

When they actually are loopholes and exploits.

To me, those farming spots and DE's reaction to them are a sign that DE needs to re-think their current strategy.

To me, the AFK set-up is just punitive... A player can go to the bathroom during a mission and get marked AFK because they took the time to practice good hygiene.

I can kinda see that being plausible in a pug that doesn't know you... But what about a group of your friends?

Those are just my opinions though...

DE is going to do what DE is going to do.

• Upvote 10

Current changes were done to punish macroers

and the macroers will punish DE by making movement macros. and the circle continues...

yaai??

Edit: Well played, well played

So E Gate is Dead and still nothing new to do since .. 5 weeks?

No new weapons, no new stuff to farm or grind ..

The dissapointment is big

DE said we wouldnt be getting anything like that till u16. i'm good. just wait it out.

Current changes were done to punish macroers, not your typical AFK-ers - they won't mark anyone of course.

Maybe these changes are not as drastic and not thought-out as Vivergate, but that's a step in similar direction, addressing symptoms not gonna fix the problem - macroers can just add shooting/moving around in their macro, while legit players can experience unjustified AFK penalties.

That's my point...

The current AFK set-up is potentially punishing to the players who haven't done anything wrong.

Which is likely the bulk of the players actually playing the game.

• Upvote 1

I can see why DE broke their rule.

U16 would have been met with "RIP In Peace E-Gate" instead of "Yay, U16... Looks amazeballs and stuff".

• Upvote 1

Guys it still only takes roughly 2800 common cores or 530 R5s to max one prime mod. At a drop rate of 12.5% of rotation A Excavation and roughly 10 minutes to complete 6 rounds (4 rolls at 12.5%) of the excavation that means you'll only need to play 20 minutes (statistically speaking) to get a pack of 5 R5 cores now. That's only 106 * 20 miinutes =2120 minutes of gameplay to max one Primed Mod. That's only 35.33 hours.

Have they changed the rate of which the packs drop at all? Regardless once the game thinks you're not doing the objective everything just stops...

Not to mention this AFK system is punishing legit players.

• Upvote 1

Well...really don´t care about E-Gate but....PLEASE!!! Correct the archwing problem about you die with melee atack if you very close of a border or Wall...its frustating you lose all your lifes for this...This Crap bug is instant death !!!

Wrong.

You can't violate forum rules when you say something bad. There's a difference.

I question your judgement in interpreting the rules, and assert that you have been abusing your power within this thread and have demonstrated a lack of awareness which makes you unfit to moderate.

This is not Neopets.  There is a 13+ age requirement when signing up for the forums of an M-rated game.  The forum rules simply state, "keep it clean."  Any logical being would interpret that as keeping language age-appropriate to a 13+ audience, not reducing every discussion to Spongebob levels of sensitivity to the precious little snowflakes watching.

Posts like

-snip-

Are completely legitimate.  It's an appropriately voiced discussion over the present and persistent issues within the game.

You, however, have gone out of your way to stifle posts FAR more benign than this one.  You are overzealous, slapping warnings on any post that might be considered against the (extremely vague) written word of the forum code in a robotic manner, while completely disregarding that code's intent.  Your actions are not those of someone protecting the forums from malicious activity, but rather a triggerhappy cowboy who has been handed a hammer.

I suggest you take a step back to refine your judgement.  Improve yourself and become a force for good on the forums.  If you cannot do so, then I would recommend you to resign your position as moderator, and pass the torch onto someone who can appropriately handle the responsibility.

Edited by Letter13
Removed removed post
  • Upvote 16