Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

I see nothing wrong with this fix.  I had already told several friends of mine how Excavation missions were essentially free loot/xp machines because of the enemy spawn rates even when a drill wasn't present.  I figured it was only a matter of time before a fix like what's listed here came up.

As for AFK, I know for a fact that being immobile while using an ability for a long period of time does NOT invoke the AFK penalty.  Otherwise my Hydroid would be in serious trouble.

As for AFK, I know for a fact that being immobile while using an ability for a long period of time does NOT invoke the AFK penalty.  Otherwise my Hydroid would be in serious trouble.

Well i played a bit more, and i might be wrong but a requirement for stationary ability to keep resetting afk timer is getting kills. So for example mesa's ult might not put you on afk, but mag's pull could if you don't score any kills using it. Same applies to nekros desecrate and Nyx's bubble. Requires further testing.

yaai??

Edit: Well played, well played

So E Gate is Dead and still nothing new to do since .. 5 weeks?

No new weapons, no new stuff to farm or grind ..

The dissapointment is big

Did you not read the PSA about there being no updates until u16? Only reason we're having one is because U16 is likely in the next week or so.

Well i played a bit more, and i might be wrong but a requirement for stationary ability to keep resetting afk timer is getting kills. So for example mesa's ult might not put you on afk, but mag's pull could if you don't score any kills using it. Same applies to nekros desecrate and Nyx's bubble. Requires further testing.

True, but for example, if I do an intercept and Undertow over the point (an effective way of keeping enemies away from the consoles, there's always a few enemies I don't kill.  Especially in the void where Heavy Gunners and Bombards are quite durable after any given length of time.  So I'm fairly certain ability use doesn't count against AFK, so long as the ability is actually doing something.  A Mag constantly yanking enemies is still doing damage, which means the player is still doing something.

I question your judgement in interpreting the rules, and assert that you have been abusing your power within this thread and have demonstrated a lack of awareness which makes you unfit to moderate.

This is not Neopets.  There is a 13+ age requirement when signing up for the forums of an M-rated game.  The forum rules simply state, "keep it clean."  Any logical being would interpret that as keeping language age-appropriate to a 13+ audience, not reducing every discussion to Spongebob levels of sensitivity to the precious little snowflakes watching.

Posts like

Are completely legitimate.  It's an appropriately voiced discussion over the present and persistent issues within the game.

You, however, have gone out of your way to stifle posts FAR more benign than this one.  You are overzealous, slapping warnings on any post that might be considered against the (extremely vague) written word of the forum code in a robotic manner, while completely disregarding that code's intent.  Your actions are not those of someone protecting the forums from malicious activity, but rather a triggerhappy cowboy who has been handed a hammer.

I suggest you take a step back to refine your judgement.  Improve yourself and become a force for good on the forums.  If you cannot do so, then I would recommend you to resign your position as moderator, and pass the torch onto someone who can appropriately handle the responsibility.

The rules of the forums are laid out here. They are not hard to follow, and they are quite clear in regards to:

- Respecting everyone on the forums (players & developers alike),

- Contributing towards intelligent and respectful discussion,

- Not misleading or "trolling" your peers,

- Not using profanity and inappropriate language,

- Respecting others' privacy,

- And how to handle yourself when you have a complaint about another user (moderators included).

Additionally, thank you for bringing the post you quoted to our attention. It was not in keeping with the code of conduct for the forums and has been removed.

If you have any questions about the forum rules, warning points or the process of enforcing the rules, please feel free to toss me or any of the other moderators a private message so we can clear up any misunderstandings. If you feel as if any of the rules in particular are vague, too open to interpretation or are not specific enough, please bring it to our attention so we can fix it so that players will not find them too vague in the future.

Although i don`t give a c**p about E-Gate, the afk system is just..." knee-jerk solution to the symptom instead of fixing the core problem "... should of seen this coming more often since the Vivier incident...

Edit: 21 rage pages later and still no official presence to do some minimal explaining, only some mods censoring comments (that are probably doing their job)

Edited by Shinoma

When is Update 16 coming?

After the devs stop hopping around after they shot themselves in the foot with this latest hotfix.  Probably, could be a week after that though, meanwhile I'm just sitting here, twiddling me thumbs with nothing to do because DE thought putting all of it's egg's in one update basket for a month was a good idea.  When hotfixes are the lifeblood of this game, denying them to work on a big update is going to stifle the community.  They really need to release a semi large update before releasing a major update.

"U16 coming?  Ok then, let's give everyone like 4 'new' weapons, several tactical alerts, maybe a new prime weapon to farm, and a quest for them to play in the meanwhile so they don't get bored."

How is that hard ^?  That's an example of good game company practice.  In the absence of good updates there can still be decent updates to tide you over.  Also more AFK shenanigans at my expense, did several missions, had to take a call on my house phone because cell was dead, which happens to be one of those corded phones that people used to use back in the, oh I don't know that time period between Now and Still Do?   They act as if everyone has a cordless house phone, not everyone does ok?   Then I come back to find a world of death, destruction and the smell of burnt bacon as I looked on in horror at my desecrated rewards screen.

How feedback is handled can be resumed at one thing : break the rules anywhere, and it's a slap in the face. It's EXTREMELY important for anyone to calm down a bit before making a "unhappy" feedback. If you want to say bad things about the game, at least say it without spitting in anyone's mouth. There's always a way to say clean.

Bad reviews in the Feedback subforums are the most common type of feedback, oftenly on the same topics, and so far only inflamatory content is removed. If your post is deleted, you should ask yourself what you did wrong, and not if we are trying to manipulate the community. Because we don't : that's just being paranoïd.

Thank you, DE, for continuously raising the game's grindwall with rank 10 primed mods with no efficient way to farm sufficient amounts of cores to make use of what you gave us.

Also, thank you for punishing AFK players, as we all know that AFK means Away From Keyboard, and shooting or using abilities while standing still can be done just using the mouse. Unacceptable! Everyone must love the keyboards!

Finally, thank you deeply for caring about these brilliant ideas created to surpass the grindwalls you caringly gifted upon us all. It is absolutely true that an emergency such as this deserves all of your attention here and now. Game-breaking bugs can wait a week or two, since they are not so bad after all, but exploiting a low level mission to get a slightly bigger than usual amount of common mods and resources cannot be allowed and must be prevented with all of your forces.

Edited by SpiralSilver

Hey that guy who explained why the rules are vague, his comment was deleted. Why mods?

Also I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again!

You want to fix ALL the afk strats in this game forever?

Remove Greedy Mag.

Done.

Hey that guy who explained why the rules are vague, his comment was deleted. Why mods?

Also I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again!

You want to fix ALL the afk strats in this game forever?

Remove Greedy Mag.

Done.

^ I was that guy, and that proves my point.  #Criticismnerfed

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

^ I was that guy, and that proves my point.  #Criticismnerfed

This thread is for patch notes. Not a discussion about the rules. If you read my post earlier you'd see I'm directing users who don't understand the rules to send me (or another moderator) a private message so that any misunderstandings can be cleared up.

Guys please understand patch notes and forum threads are not the place to discuss moderation. If you have questions or concerns you want to bring up then contact an admin (like Reb/Meg/Drew) or another moderator.

When I'm running missions, I seldom find myself standing still. 

But now I feel like I have no other choice and am forced to play the game a certain way to get rewards and now even energy.

The 'fixes' with Viver were terrible, but this doesn't just affect 3 frames, this affects everyone.

I can't stress this enough, the developers fixes are not explained properly. We have no idea how the AFK system works, which is most of the stress here, if someone would update the post and state how and why it works like that, we would all appreciate it.
Example: Mag pull now only works if you can see enemies that you want to pull. Greedy pull augments the pull ability to pull items even when items are not visible.

I have came to this conclusion about the AFK problem:
The problem is we don't have a kick option. If the rest of the team wants someone out, then by all means lets do so.

-There should also be an option to invite someone to take the place of the player that was afk, dropped or kicked. The reward system can be used so that the coming player receives the rewards from the point they entered until they leave.

The next problem is that there are people that won't extract and force you to wait additional minute or more, while on extraction point. Implement the option to leave the level without them. Also if the AFK timer don't work on extraction point then the enemies should leave me alone and not storm the extraction point like crazy, since I know the other player is too far to come and extract in the next minutes (plural from minute) and I can be afk or texting with friends...

The only clue that we now have is that the player that is afk wont get passive energy, but since the last nerfs there are a lot of times when we dont receive energy and on all occasions we lose it (enemies can always drain you, no matter what you do if they are nearby)...

All of these are gameplay issues that need to be addressed. Punishing someone for taking a bathroom break or similar is ridiculous while playing T4 Survival on minute 56 as Nekros or Trinity, that is not essential (Vauban is problematic in this scenario to take a break, but doable). Since the only way to play that late is using the camping method, where all of us stay somewhere safe since enemies can one shot kill you. This is the gameplay that is forced on us, since enemies scale like crazy to be playable differently. Like I said before, there should be an option to ban/kick players or punish their behavior in some other way (give them bad matchmaking, with bad players like Dota does...). If I am unhappy with how some player played at the extraction screen I can give him a negative point, mark him for death or whatever, and if the player gets a lot of those then punish him accordingly.

I would suggest to listen to people here, because for good or bad, we are all here to make this game better for everyone. Open a new post and open polls about ideas and soon you will have something to work with to improve gameplay. Gameplay is what makes money, not new items or cosmetics, the gameplay first then the rest. When we go and have fun, or just mindlessly kill the latest in robotics development or whatever... If I don't want to play the game you can put in more weapons that require more grind and more farming, to put mods that need insane number of cores and credits and then I realize that this wall is not scalable and even with platinum it is not worth it and its beyond our reach. I am not happy with how the game is played now... People are looking for exploits because of grind wall, which is again a gameplay issue...

I just tested what does the game mean, as of the latest hotfix, for AFK.

I stood perfectly still in one place with energy siphon equipped and empty energy pool. Energy siphon stopped working after 60 seconds.

Then, I tried to move around the camera, looking furiously in every direction. Still no energy.

Then I used some abilities. If I use an ability I'm clearly not AFK, but apparently "dis aliter visum" (the Gods have seen otherwise).

Then I quietly tapped WASD, moving slightly but without actually taking a step. No changes in energy pool.

Then I energically tapped W, moving forward very slowly without moving the legs. I travelled for 10-20 meters, but energy did not change.

Finally, I furiously teabagged a container and stomped over it with all my energies. I've done it so much that energy did not change.

So, it seems that we must actually move our legs, so walk, sprint, roll or moving with the melee push or else we "are AFK".

And this is bad. How is using abilities and jumping not considered by the AFK detector? Come on.

DE please, you are surely aware that this was not definitely your best decision. Cancel it like you did with the infamous line of sight accident.

Edit: actually, not even melee attacking resets the AFK counter immediatly. I had to finish 2-3 basic combos to see energy grow again.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language