[DE]Rebecca

Hotfix 15.16.2

I can't stress this enough, the developers fixes are not explained properly. We have no idea how the AFK system works, which is most of the stress here, if someone would update the post and state how and why it works like that, we would all appreciate it.
Example: Mag pull now only works if you can see enemies that you want to pull. Greedy pull augments the pull ability to pull items even when items are not visible.

I have came to this conclusion about the AFK problem:
The problem is we don't have a kick option. If the rest of the team wants someone out, then by all means lets do so.

-There should also be an option to invite someone to take the place of the player that was afk, dropped or kicked. The reward system can be used so that the coming player receives the rewards from the point they entered until they leave.

The next problem is that there are people that won't extract and force you to wait additional minute or more, while on extraction point. Implement the option to leave the level without them. Also if the AFK timer don't work on extraction point then the enemies should leave me alone and not storm the extraction point like crazy, since I know the other player is too far to come and extract in the next minutes (plural from minute) and I can be afk or texting with friends...

The only clue that we now have is that the player that is afk wont get passive energy, but since the last nerfs there are a lot of times when we dont receive energy and on all occasions we lose it (enemies can always drain you, no matter what you do if they are nearby)...

All of these are gameplay issues that need to be addressed. Punishing someone for taking a bathroom break or similar is ridiculous while playing T4 Survival on minute 56 as Nekros or Trinity, that is not essential (Vauban is problematic in this scenario to take a break, but doable). Since the only way to play that late is using the camping method, where all of us stay somewhere safe since enemies can one shot kill you. This is the gameplay that is forced on us, since enemies scale like crazy to be playable differently. Like I said before, there should be an option to ban/kick players or punish their behavior in some other way (give them bad matchmaking, with bad players like Dota does...). If I am unhappy with how some player played at the extraction screen I can give him a negative point, mark him for death or whatever, and if the player gets a lot of those then punish him accordingly.

I would suggest to listen to people here, because for good or bad, we are all here to make this game better for everyone. Open a new post and open polls about ideas and soon you will have something to work with to improve gameplay. Gameplay is what makes money, not new items or cosmetics, the gameplay first then the rest. When we go and have fun, or just mindlessly kill the latest in robotics development or whatever... If I don't want to play the game you can put in more weapons that require more grind and more farming, to put mods that need insane number of cores and credits and then I realize that this wall is not scalable and even with platinum it is not worth it and its beyond our reach. I am not happy with how the game is played now... People are looking for exploits because of grind wall, which is again a gameplay issue...

• Upvote 7

I just tested what does the game mean, as of the latest hotfix, for AFK.

I stood perfectly still in one place with energy siphon equipped and empty energy pool. Energy siphon stopped working after 60 seconds.

Then, I tried to move around the camera, looking furiously in every direction. Still no energy.

Then I used some abilities. If I use an ability I'm clearly not AFK, but apparently "dis aliter visum" (the Gods have seen otherwise).

Then I quietly tapped WASD, moving slightly but without actually taking a step. No changes in energy pool.

Then I energically tapped W, moving forward very slowly without moving the legs. I travelled for 10-20 meters, but energy did not change.

Finally, I furiously teabagged a container and stomped over it with all my energies. I've done it so much that energy did not change.

So, it seems that we must actually move our legs, so walk, sprint, roll or moving with the melee push or else we "are AFK".

And this is bad. How is using abilities and jumping not considered by the AFK detector? Come on.

DE please, you are surely aware that this was not definitely your best decision. Cancel it like you did with the infamous line of sight accident.

Edit: actually, not even melee attacking resets the AFK counter immediatly. I had to finish 2-3 basic combos to see energy grow again.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language
  • Upvote 12

I would like to note the the Itzal's drone's energy color doesn't match the Archwing's energy color anymore (I know this was a issue early on and was fixed - I think it got reverted).

Edited by TheDark1105

• Fixes for a few gameplay crashes.

I really wish you'd fixed a "few" more. :V

Still can't load my own maps. Have to piggyback or i'll crash.

It is quite apparent with how they implemented the afk detection as a way to bottle neck certain builds or teamwork methods. E gate had the 'set up' where the team could stay in one place and spam powers all day long and collect all kinds of loot. That kind of setup can be modified in a different number of ways, perhaps next time have a mesa, banshee, mag and neckros to maximize 'etc' in what ever missions. It is a bunch of bandaid patches trying to fix a major problem without actually doing anything about the key problem, which is how warframe powers work.

Before all this, there was no ability to collect energy from team restores, then from trinity, now from carrier collects, and the sweet icing on the cake is an afk 'immobile anti farming' detection program designed to inhibit those kinds of play styles from working at all.

Sadly, people will always find a way.

Fix the real problem, how warframe powers work, put cool downs, what ever it takes so that the bandaid 'patches' can be removed or the penalties lessened for those who do not abuse the legally given system that DE has allowed us to do.

• Upvote 1

Wait... How the hell will the afk thing help in raids?

8 teammates have to not move and defend their spot until all Tenno are in place.

That's atleast a minute... LOL

All the while being constantly attacked.

I don't even. That just took about 5 frames out of participating in raids as an option.

>________>

• Upvote 3

Hotfix 15.16.2

• Syndicate Interception Missions are now 2 rounds instead of 4.
  • The Rift Sigil will now fully lit up in Liset/Hub, as there is no energy

Thank you so much for these two things!

Clearly beating on a dead horse here (but since you still don't acknowledge it, maybe it isn't), but we really, really would appreciate the least of enlightenment on how the AFK mechanic works. I can only speak for myself, but I can safely say I won't do any void Defenses any time soon again until we have official word on how this system works, to avoid the risk of losing rewards.

Moreover (and this also has been brought up many times in this thread alone), the way this AFK mechanic works makes Warframes like Banshee and Mesa essentially unplayable (Banshee for her Sound Quake Ability, Mesa for Peacemaker). And Mesa is the latest non-Prime frame released, so it's like you just sabotaged your own efforts here. Banishing Mesa for Energy recovery no longer works because of a completely different issue (i.e. infinite spawning on Excavation missions)? If Mesa is not supposed to use Peacemaker for long, then why even add those sort of Abilities to the game in the first place?!

I mean, if we invest resources and time into the game to get Mesa/Limbo, slap a Reactor and a couple Formas on them, and max out stuff like Transient Fortitude, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded and others for long Banishes and powerful Peacemakers so we can put ourselves to the challenge of 50+ waves in T4 Defense, what is the problem? It sounds inconsistent to me how players have to work to obtain tools (frames and mods), work to max them out and extract their full potential to get to the (limited) late game content, and when we do, you take those options from us (or, at best, severely limits them) because of some exploit/mission being played in a "wrong" way.

tl;dr - simply removing enemy spawns if mission progress is ignored would have sufficed. If you have such a problem with AFK's/macro users (which I understand), then implement a vote to kick system, because everyone us needs to go to the bathroom, take a drink, get the phone to go to the door in the middle of the game, from time to time, whether we want it or not.

• Upvote 7

E-Gate nerf, so now we litteraly have nothing left to do until U16. they wanted us to stop playing until U16 is done.

way ahead of you

viver was always in our hearts,no one dont want farm cores with 12% drop,change fking gameplay not places for farm if you real want to people play,lazy DE

Edited by Dolmaran
  • Upvote 2

another ham fisted anti farm attempt by de..... bravo...

way to ruin the game for everyone else in an attempt to stop farmer who will just move on to the next best thing anyway

• Upvote 10

DE. Stop trying to stop "Aberrant" play with these heavy handed measures that just inhibit teamwork and make endless (stationary) missions hard for some frames (banshee, mesa, nyx?). Instead, address the source of the problem. Why are the players going to extreme lengths to brutally, efficiently farm resources and -cores-. Maybe it's because most of these mods you keep adding take literally 500+ rare 5's to max...and for players like myself (1000 or so hours) the only thing left to do is mindlessly farm cores. We've put in our dues, farmed up our gear and mods and taken the time to make these team synergies, and you keep going out of your way to block them with ham fisted countermeasures that don't actually fix the problem.

We didn't WANT an AFK system.

We wanted a vote kick system. And now you're using this AFK system to punish high tier play (which is the only endgame we have at the moment! What happened to focus?)

Also, that red text was on a level of disrespectful/taunting that I'm not comfortable with, and I've been noticing a trend with that lately when we get "fixes" that DE knows will just piss off their veteran users.

"1 minute until hotfix. Then back to farming cores from..ah crap, right, we fixed that earlier. Well, damn."

Really?

Edited by Zagrax
  • Upvote 24

Still no fix for the Soma reloading too fast. The Bar that shows the reload time only needs to be a little bit over 50% and the Soma is reloaded. If you cancel the reloading by doing something else (rolling etc.) the Soma is reloaded anyway.

Also, that red text was on a level of disrespectful/taunting that I'm not comfortable with, and I've been noticing a trend with that lately when we get "fixes" that DE knows will just &!$$ off their veteran users.

"1 minute until hotfix. Then back to farming cores from..ah crap, right, we fixed that earlier. Well, damn."

Really?

Hilarious xD

Hotfix 15.16.2

Changes

• Certain mission types will no longer endlessly spawn enemies if the mission goals themselves aren't being met.

This makes me sad.

• Tenno can now buy Forma directly from upgrade screen

Well this is a good thing...

and... no more fixes till U16? Srsly... ._.

I was too, which is why there's so many jokes tucked into that wall, so people don't get bored of me 'complaining'  

"-but frankly I don't care until U16 drops."  And it's really that attitude that ruins the gaming for those of us that genuinely love this game.   You're basically saying that the game can rot until the next shiny new bauble gets thrown your way so you can go digging through a mountain of garbage to find.

I'll keep this simple.  You misread what I said, and I don't blame you, I typed it wrong.  What I meant to say was that U16 might offer some nice changes in return, so I'm tolerant of these current changes.  I don't live the "shiny new bauble" way.  That's not how I play this game.  In fact, I despise that mindset and agree with the majority of what you say.

I'm leaving it at that so my words don't get any more twisted.

Edited by thelastpwnr99

Well now whos to blame that maxing mod is such pain in the arse for newbies? and that those mods are so friggin crucial in some strategy for missions? It's clearly not people who r recruiting.

I don't think max mods are crucial at all. That's the problem. People think they are, but they're not. I'm doing fine playing endgame missions with lev 7/8 rares. As long as you select the appropriate mods as per the situation for your frame and weapons and don't play like a braindead sloth you can do anything in this game with lev 7/8 mods.

Edited by Lindonius

So, you took away the only reason I used Hydroid, better put him back to the closet and never take it out again.

• Upvote 4

Still no fix for the Soma reloading too fast. The Bar that shows the reload time only needs to be a little bit over 50% and the Soma is reloaded. If you cancel the reloading by doing something else (rolling etc.) the Soma is reloaded anyway.

That bug is as old as the Soma itself.