Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

I don't think max mods are crucial at all. That's the problem. People think they are, but they're not. I'm doing fine playing endgame missions with lev 7/8 rares. As long as you select the appropriate mods as per the situation for your frame and weapons and don't play like a braindead sloth you can do anything in this game with lev 7/8 mods.

They aren't, but just because you don't use them, doesn't mean others players (me included) who want to use our Warframes at the absolute maximum potency cannot have access to reasonable Fusion Core farming missions.

And I don't even think the E Gate farm was a good way to do so - sure, you got hundreds of Common 3's, but just actually PLAYING Hard Excavation Missions rewarded me with Rare 5's at a much better rate, and that was playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

I'll keep this simple.  You misread what I said, and I don't blame you, I typed it wrong.  What I meant to say was that U16 might offer some nice changes in return, so I'm tolerant of these current changes.  I don't live the "shiny new bauble" way.  That's not how I play this game.  In fact, I despise that mindset and agree with the majority of what you say.

I'm leaving it at that so my words don't get any more twisted.

And I'm apologizing for making that comment, it was uncalled for and it was like 3 in the morning when I read your comment so the fault was mine for attempting to make a point when I was barely coherent.  Glad to see some people agree with me at least ._.

Personally, these patches sickened me on U16, it doesn't matter how great it is,it could blow archwing out of the water 10 times over and it still wouldn't erase the disrespect and heavy handedness shown in this hotfix (much less the redtext.)  That very much ties into me "Shiny new bauble" argument.  It's like people think throwing shiney things at us will make their mistakes go away.  I am loath to say this because I think it's a stupid meme but...  "We do not forgive, we do not forget etc etc."  I can only trust competency so far until bad decisions start piling up and that meter in my head that tolerates BS starts flat lining

The only thing I'm looking forward to in this update is the new faction and by extension, more lore.  The rest is the same old song and dance.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

And I don't even think the E Gate farm was a good way to do so - sure, you got hundreds of Common 3's, but just actually PLAYING Hard Excavation Missions rewarded me with Rare 5's at a much better rate, and that was playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

I maxed all my dogs mods and the primed ones... trust me it was good enough.

Clearly beating on a dead horse here (but since you still don't acknowledge it, maybe it isn't), but we really, really would appreciate the least of enlightenment on how the AFK mechanic works. I can only speak for myself, but I can safely say I won't do any void Defenses any time soon again until we have official word on how this system works, to avoid the risk of losing rewards.

tl;dr - simply removing enemy spawns if mission progress is ignored would have sufficed. If you have such a problem with AFK's/macro users (which I understand), then implement a vote to kick system, because everyone us needs to go to the bathroom, take a drink, get the phone to go to the door in the middle of the game, from time to time, whether we want it or not.

I haven't seen official word yet but it seems that getting kills is enough to avoid AFK detection.  I agree that we need to know, or better yet, an ingame warning.

A 3 min pause should be enough for bathroom breaks, unanimous vote required.

Edited by Fifield

Oh, good. Thanks DE for dancing around the problem, instead of fixing it itself. Now, things are even harder to get, and with you guys undermining every attempt to farm for parts (A very common thing to do in these kinds of games), people are less motivated to play. How do you expect us to get these things without farming? Play your alerts and play smaller missions on other planets that give us 1-2 things we want if we're lucky? It's updates like these that deter me from playing the game further, and instead, encourage me to wait until you guys have got this whole "Constantly changing game" thing down.

And don't even get me started on the AFK mechanic

Fixes

• Fixed issue in Archwing Missions that would cause players to crash mid-Mission.

Archwing is crashing more than ever now.  Got two crashes in a row.  I have tried disabling reverb (was suggestion from forumer that seemed to work before this patch).  Completely unplayable in current state.

Edited by Educated_Beast

And I'm apologizing for making that comment, it was uncalled for and it was like 3 in the morning when I read your comment so the fault was mine for attempting to make a point when I was barely coherent.  Glad to see some people agree with me at least ._.

Personally, these patches sickened me on U16, it doesn't matter how great it is,it could blow archwing out of the water 10 times over and it still wouldn't erase the disrespect and heavy handedness shown in this hotfix (much less the redtext.)  That very much ties into me "Shiny new bauble" argument.  It's like people think throwing shiney things at us will make their mistakes go away.  I am loath to say this because I think it's a stupid meme but...  "We do not forgive, we do not forget etc etc."  I can only trust competency so far until bad decisions start piling up and that meter in my head that tolerates BS starts flat lining

The only thing I'm looking forward to in this update is the new faction and by extension, more lore.  The rest is the same old song and dance.

Apology accepted.  I went a little fast in saying what I said as well...it happens.

I agree, we're long overdue for lore extension, and the way they are about to do it plus the fact that the Sentients look EXACTLY how I wanted them to, PLUS Teshin offering an acutual different perspective on the old days before cryosleep all just makes me happy.  Some people dig "content content content."  I don't blame them.  But it's so easy to falter when you don't get your dose of it.

Glad we could settle that.

Oh my gawd guys, its like you actually have to do the missions!

OH NOES!

Seriously, quit *@##$ing that you can't sit endlessly in an objective based mission not doing the objective and farming cores. You earned yourself this hotfix, just like you did with Viver. 

You fail to see the big picture, and its interesting you mention viver, because I'm sure you didn't understand the problem then too.

The afk timer is affecting genuine players, even before the patch. This only highlighted the issue. How do I know this? Just before the patch dropped I was doing some interceptions messing with my vulkar sniping away, wondering why I wasn't seeing any XP from my teammates.

automatic macros that play the game for lazy people are the problem, and the devs did nothing to curb them. This only hampered them temporarily, which means its only a matter of time until a new hotness is found.

The loot/reward system itself needs a change or a complete overhaul to help discourage afk/macro farming.

You fail to see the big picture, and its interesting you mention viver, because I'm sure you didn't understand the problem then too.

The afk timer is affecting genuine players, even before the patch. This only highlighted the issue. How do I know this? Just before the patch dropped I was doing some interceptions messing with my vulkar sniping away, wondering why I wasn't seeing any XP from my teammates.

automatic macros that play the game for lazy people are the problem, and the devs did nothing to curb them. This only hampered them temporarily, which means its only a matter of time until a new hotness is found.

The loot/reward system itself needs a change or a complete overhaul to help discourage afk/macro farming.

Thank you for not being part of the problem like many sheeple on this forum. I'm glad some people have half a brain when it comes to video game design and implementation.

About the Hydroid augment nerf where it doesnt affect bosses:

I think instead of being completely useless against bosses, it should still provide a bonus of say half its original bonus on normal mobs.

The augment was literally released a few weeks ago and seeing it nerfed to nothingness so quickly is really disappointing.

Still no fix for the Soma reloading too fast. The Bar that shows the reload time only needs to be a little bit over 50% and the Soma is reloaded. If you cancel the reloading by doing something else (rolling etc.) the Soma is reloaded anyway.

itrs not a bug, its mechanic. many weapons work like that.

Greetings,
Something is wrong with this patch.

I went to T4 defense with my trinity (with a Nova p, Frost p, Rhino) and after 1 min I stopped to gain energy from my own Energy Vampire. The game recognized me as AFK but the hell I wasn't AFK. I was supporting my team in the middle. So I moved a little but still didn't got energy from my Energy Vampire until 5-6sec of moving. So I had to constantly run around with my trinity and apply energy vampire to get energy (it is very annoying).

Even Frosts' Snow Globes got destroyed rapidly by wave 5 enemies, before the patch Frosts' Snow Globe could withstand wave 30+ without being destroyed (with the same build).

It seems that monsters in T4 defense got a huge amount of damage boost. One bombardment's rocket got killed 3 of us instantly from full shield and health within a snow globe (yes, I know Bombardment's explosion damage trough the Snow Globe) at wave ~25. This wasn't happened before. And the setup didn't changed... trinity,nova,frost,+random warframe

"AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply"

Errrm... Let me get this straight, I am not sure if I am on the same level with you devs.

So you basically screwed up game modes where you are semi-stationary for any period of time, such as Defense and Mobile Defense?

Most players play these game modes with a more planned approach and find a position where they can easily defend their objective and cover a wide sector of the area without having to constantly bounce and run all over the place like a pack of $&*&*#(%& chimps on bad crack. So now you basically punish these players defending the objective. As if the sentinels and the Kubrows going comatose wasn't bad enough, now you have to take a dump on the energy gain too? And what about our mission rewards?

Everyone, let's give DE a big hand for their amazing shortsightedness and the ability to shoot themselves in the foot by making the game more and more annoying to play!

Not sure what the dev team are thinking in their heads, but to me it is starting to look more and more like the lights are still on but no-one's home.

Or is it just me?

Build a stricter AFK detection system, and they will build a better macro. You aren't going to stop them. It's just like DRM, pirates always find a way around it, and what it ends up doing is punishing the legitimate paying customer by making it harder on them. Look at all the complaints you are already getting on stationary frames like Mesa or anyone who snipes.

The excavation changes are a step in the right direction, but your AFK system is terrible.