Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

ruXozXO.png

AB4356T.jpg

zqO7PZt.png

So the devs said that the new frames skills will depend on which energy color you select.

Invoker frame? Different sets of abilities depending on energy colors, that would be my guess.

Thoughts?

Poll on Chroma's appearance by Lord-Taco-the-Great:

http://strawpoll.me/3807541

Edited by Tulzscha
editing first post for more info

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to make this thread to address a few mistakes and misconceptions some people are having about why people (or me, atleast - others may have a different reason to dislike Chroma's look) do not like how Chroma looks. Some argue that we, the "Chroma-haters", hate him for hypocritical, ignorant, and nonsensical reasons. Such as this one I see brought up quite a bit:

Some think that we say, "Oh, Limbo looks too much like a magician - he sucks. Mesa looks like a cowgirl - she sucks. They're too close to their theme. Oh, Chroma doesn't look like a dragon - he sucks. He isn't close enough to his theme" and then proceed to accuse us of being flip-floppy, and unsatisfied with everything, and tell us to make up our minds.

I would just like to address that this - for me atleast - isn't the case at all why I dislike Chroma's look. Or Limbo's look, or Mesa's look, or Hydroid or Zephyr's look. Yes, in the case of Limbo and Mesa, it's partially because they look tacky and too close to their theme. But, for the others, and for Chroma, it's mostly because they look cluttered and overdesigned. They just don't look sleek like the first few frames. Those are the frames I (and take that as just "me") consider most "Warframe-y", as I feel like they would be most realistically built for war, but that's just me. And I'm not saying that's an objectively bad thing at all; this is all highly subjective and should be taken as such, but it's just the reason why I don't like frames of the likes of Zephyr, Chroma, etc.

Hopefully nobody takes any offence to this, and I hope this can stay as a civilized discussion among us :) So, feel free to discuss. 

I just don't like Zephyr and Chroma's overall designs, it makes it really difficult to color and customize.

Warframes just seem to be getting more and more complex in their designs. The original warframes look like they were in tight suits, or as if the armor was actually part of their body - Excalibur, Nyx, Mag, Rhino are perfect examples of simple but unique design.

Then somehow we started to get really over the top things like oberon, mesa, limbo, hydroid, zephyr, and now chroma

I think the art style has gotten afar from its true roots - whether that be good or bad though is just a matter of opinion - I however believe it should stay to its true roots.

TLDR;

it's not bad, but it's not good in my opinion either, it's just different

Edited by Hitmonho

I believe you're referring to my quote that Morec0 has been using.

I prefer simpler frames, but I don't think Chroma looks overdesigned. When I compare him to, say, Saryn, I think the latter has much more going on. As does Nova and Trinity.

Also, just to provide context to the quote, I didn't intend it as a blanket dismissal of everyone who doesn't like the frame. The thread it came from started with "You promised us a dragon, and gave us this? It looks nothing like one!" or something to the effect.

I just don't like Zephyr and Chroma's overall designs, it makes it really difficult to color and customize.

Warframes just seem to be getting more and more complex in their designs. The original warframes look like they were in tight suits, or as if the armor was actually part of their body - Excalibur, Nyx, Mag, Rhino are perfect examples of simple but unique design.

Then somehow we started to get really over the top things like oberon, mesa, limbo, hydroid, zephyr, and now chroma

I think the art style has gotten afar from its true roots - whether that be good or bad though is just a matter of opinion - I however believe it should stay to its true roots.

TLDR;

it's not bad, but it's not good in my opinion either, it's just different

Agreed 100%

I'm going to have to wait to see how Chroma looks in-game because the images released so far do not do him justice. They're from angles that make his arms look strangely bent, and this throws off other perceptions about  his form.

Meanwhile, in the animation of him spewing fire, he looks different.

I will agree that he does feel 'cluttered' like Zephyr does, but at the same time his 'clutter' takes a different dimension.

I also can't help but notice that he looks overwhelmingly like an infested ancient. Which does actually earn him some curiosity points from me- I hope there's some lore behind this.

Agreed 100%

But chroma isn't out yet 0_0 how do you guys know if he's hard to use for a color scheme I mean his energy color changes his attack types so wouldn't that expand the horizon? I mean you don't see frosts runing around with red often XD. Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I'm going to have to wait to see how Chroma looks in-game because the images released so far do not do him justice. They're from angles that make his arms look strangely bent, and this throws off other perceptions about  his form.

Meanwhile, in the animation of him spewing fire, he looks different.

I will agree that he does feel 'cluttered' like Zephyr does, but at the same time his 'clutter' takes a different dimension.

I also can't help but notice that he looks overwhelmingly like an infested ancient. Which does actually earn him some curiosity points from me- I hope there's some lore behind this.

To highlight this, as almost NOBODY is sharing the animation of what he looks in game:

DirtySnappyHake.gif

An anteater is still an anteater no matter what animations you give it.

Aaaand you just want a rhino with a generic "Dragon shaped" helmet and claws on its hands and feet, right?  Still don't make rhino a dergon either my friend just a warrior with a 'stereotypical dergon design'.

Edited by Sibarian

Aaaand you just want a rhino with a generic "Dragon shaped" helmet and claws on its hands and feet, right?  Still don't make rhino a dergon either my friend just a warrior with a 'stereotypical dergon design'.

why rhino ? theres a lot of skinny frames and nobody say they are copying eachother just because something is bulky dont mean its the same, we want something dat at least reminds u of a dragon and not an anteater or wolf or fish

No, I don't actually. I wanted a frame that resembled a dragon. Not an anteater. While I do like the design you referenced I would have been completely fine if it looked nothing like that but still was distinctly dragon themed.

No, I don't actually. I wanted a frame that resembled a dragon. Not an anteater. While I do like the design you referenced I would have been completely fine if it looked nothing like that but still was distinctly dragon themed.

well we can't all get want we want but we sure can try to apreciate the small things in the things we don't.BTW that's one epic anteater then XD

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

anteater

He has one aspect that slightly resembles an anteater! He must be an anteater!

By the logic, Excalibur is the rhino-frame because he has a forehead horn, and Rhino is a codpiece-frame.

Oh wait, we judge things on the whole of their design, not one aspect. No? 

Anyways, on topic: Ash? Loki?

Edited by vaugahn

They are breaking the meta with this frame and you all complaining about it is pointless. Stop the hate. they are doing somethings that no game has done they are evolving. the DE aren't just saying here take this and were not gonna do anything after it. they  are changing the way the game plays to make it interesting.

If you want the same thing over and over again go play wow you can be guided through everything and carried there.

P.S. chroma looks amazing.

Edited by Draginair

They are breaking the meta with this frame and you all complaining about it is pointless. Stop the hate. they are doing somethings that no game has done they are evolving. the DE aren't just saying here take this and were not gonna do anything after it. they  are changing the way the game plays to make it interesting.

If you want the same thing over and over again go play wow you can be guided through everything and carried there.

P.S. chroma looks amazing.

"They are doing something that no game has done and evolving." YEAH. RIGHT. HAH! This isn't about the way the frame plays, we have no way of knowing that yet. This is about a bad visual appearance that the community never asked for.

...anteater...

Fine, if he is the anteater frame, then...

Loki is the hammerhead shark frame.

Rhino is the literal rhino frame

Ember is just a camp fire

Frost is a Fan

Mag is a Scope

Banshee is litterally a screaming female ghost.

Hydroid is a Squid-pirate

Mesa is a Burn victim

Mirage is a failed Diva.

Nekros is a anorexic that found his calling in heavy-metal

Oberon is a Deer-man

Trinity is a Lobster

Valkyr is a Crazy Cat lady and wolverine/spiderman rip-off.

Vauban is a old french grandpa

Volt is a Sith lord and sanic the hedgehog

Zephyr is a bird

:)

Fine, if he is the anteater frame, then...

Loki is the hammerhead shark frame.

Rhino is the literal rhino frame

Ember is just a camp fire

Frost is a Fan

Mag is a Scope

Banshee is litterally a screaming female ghost.

Hydroid is a Squid-pirate

Mesa is a Burn victim

Mirage is a failed Diva.

Nekros is a anorexic that found his calling in heavy-metal

Oberon is a Deer-man

Trinity is a Lobster

Valkyr is a Crazy Cat lady and wolverine/spiderman rip-off.

Vauban is a old french grandpa

Volt is a Sith lord and sanic the hedgehog

Zephyr is a bird

:)

Ember is a chicken. I have no idea how you missed that.