Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

I am not a fan based upon the images we've seen, but both Vauban and Zephyr are examples of frames that I did not like the aesthetics of until they received a new coat of paint.  Since Chroma is intended to be recolored, maybe less red on the organic areas will make him look better.

I am more worried about the "tail", but I guess I'll reserve judgement until U16.  Whenever that is...

I am not a fan based upon the images we've seen, but both Vauban and Zephyr are examples of frames that I did not like the aesthetics of until they received a new coat of paint.  Since Chroma is intended to be recolored, maybe less red on the organic areas will make him look better.

I am more worried about the "tail", but I guess I'll reserve judgement until U16.  Whenever that is...

The tail looks just like a fabric cape like a lot of frames have (oberon and frost come to mind immediately)

2k Votes on the appearance poll.

Verdict: Chroma still ugly as hell.

Is looking like a horse made outta meat really qualify as ugly?

Lol.. well yeah it is, but mabey they'll have a Chroma pack that comes with a giant body sized paper bag with two arm holes..

Still Chroma could end up being soooo usefull that he becomes the Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer of Warframe..

"Chroma with your nose so bright.. wont you guide our raid tonight..."

"Then all the Warframes loved him.. and they shouted out with glee."

" Hey man dont look at me.."

Thats what they all say and yet they all provide no argument to prove why it is invalid. That or their arguments are weak.

Number of people polled, group of people polled, manner and time poll was taken, usage and wording of poll...you could go on and on.

Is looking like a horse made outta meat really qualify as ugly?

Lol.. well yeah it is, but mabey they'll have a Chroma pack that comes with a giant body sized paper bag with two arm holes..

Still Chroma could end up being soooo usefull that he becomes the Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer of Warframe..

"Chroma with your nose so bright.. wont you guide our raid tonight..."

"Then all the Warframes loved him.. and they shouted out with glee."

" Hey man dont look at me.."

How useful he is is a nonissue at the moment. 

I care only about looks at this point in time. I hear a rumor that his appearance might change due to his abilities but I still see it as follows:

You will still be an ugly infested anteater when not using abilities (liset, dojo, relay, etc.).

I can usually tolerate displeasing visuals but when it takes up most of your screen it gets annoying (at least for me). I am also disappointed in the design because I don't think it followed the dragon theme enough, or at all actually. 

I know the design of the frames is up to DE but that will not stop me from criticizing what they give us. I will not accept sub-par work from such great game developers. 

Number of people polled, group of people polled, manner and time poll was taken, usage and wording of poll...you could go on and on.

Several other polls were added by other people that were more valid and still had the same result.

If people don't vote for what they want then they really can't say anything about the changes seeing as they put gave no input.

As for the group of people all I have to say is this: Likers and dislikers have the same access to the forum and poll as everyone else. It is their own fault if they don't vote. 

If the salt in this thread could be mined, we could save Africa in a day.

And in case people were wondering, his ability names have been mined as:

Dragon Flame

Dragon Skin

Dragon Pelt

Dragon Flight

Using my magic psychic powers, I surmise that Flame will be a cone shaped damage spell, Skin will boost defensive stats ala Shatter Shield, Pelt will be used to change his element, and Flight will basically be a targeted AoE exactly like that spell that Hanzo has in Overwatch.

Because originality is a sin.

I will not accept sub-par work from such great game developers.

I can't read this quote with a straight face. Grade A+ comedy gold.

I'll do some random guesses on what his powers might do based on his look and the hints from prime time because..

well why not!? 

Dragon Flame - A forward cone like attack. Will be whatever element Chroma's energy color has given him. 
Dragon Skin - A sort of defensive ability, maybe create scales or some such.
Dragon Pelt - Something to do with shedding what appears to be a pelt that he is wearing. Perhaps creating a dragonlike  minion or explodes into an aoe blast.
Dragon Flight - Those things on his back will extend into wings. Not sure what functional effect this will have.

And for fun here is another pic, this time a somehwat humanoid dragon - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_qHpP0WQAA8zMF.jpg:large

Edited by Ronyn

Any argument lodged against that poll creates the same message - that forum is not a representation of the larger warframe populace.

Now that is true technically so no one should take those polls as the end all, absolute info for warframe....however what those arguments don't prove is how that information is still not worth taking note of considering it is still a larger recorded vocal response than most issues ever get.

Which means that within this limited sample size of forum participants that pole garnered more interest even if it was mostly detractors.

Unless the argument is that NOTHING ever expressed on the forums should be considered the slightest indication of public opinion....that pole is worth acknowledge as one of many relevant sources of information that DE can use to get a sense of the communities stance on things.

Edited by Ronyn

anyone know where they got the bacon shell idea for chroma from?im still puzzled as to what inspired that,long nose or not,i cant fathom what inspired the shell

You know what happens when you try to blend a lot of stuff? A mess.

This time - fried mess.

If the salt in this thread could be mined, we could save Africa in a day.

And in case people were wondering, his ability names have been mined as:

Dragon Flame

Dragon Skin

Dragon Pelt

Dragon Flight

Using my magic psychic powers, I surmise that Flame will be a cone shaped damage spell, Skin will boost defensive stats ala Shatter Shield, Pelt will be used to change his element, and Flight will basically be a targeted AoE exactly like that spell that Hanzo has in Overwatch.

Because originality is a sin.

I can't read this quote with a straight face. Grade A+ comedy gold.

Visual sub-par. Moron.